The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Starting a New Character Assistance

Naoxis
Naoxis
Soul Shriven
Hello,

I'm new and was looking to try ESO online. I am looking for assistance/suggestions for what alliance, race, and class to go as I don't want to invest all the time in my first character to find out I don't like it come max level (or I'm an alliance with no player base).

I played WoW a lot back in the day and my mains were spriest/warlock which I enjoyed a lot. I did also have alts which I also didn't mind playing such as warrior/hunter. I like to raid endgame seriously and I was part of several top 20 US world first kills back in TBC/WOTLK and would like to make sure I have something endgame viable.

I would appreciate it if anyone is able to give some advice for my first character here!

Thanks,

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played WoW for less than a month so I do not know the classes but I pretty much expect there is not a good comparison of anything to ESO classes. The combat design here is so very different that WoW.

That being said I am assuming you mean that you played priest/warlock, both of which are ranged. You also did not mention healing so I am going to assume this is all DPS.

Sorc and NB in magicka builds is what I would suggest first and foremost for ranged magicka builds. They each have their strengths and weaknesses. At that, any of the classes except DKs can be played ranged and unless you are wanting to run with the top.05% of end game raiders you can pull the DPS needed on pretty much any class for vet trials (ESO raids) but that will take getting work to get used to combat. Leaving WoW for ESO I would say you are no longer in Kansas anymore.

I mentioned my favorite ranged builds and that there were more.

Warden, I prefer for tanking, healing is ok but still can do fine DPS just I prefer it for tanking.
    Templar is a great healer and I used to like it for dps when it did good melee. Someone might be able to give better insight on ranged builds for Templar than I can.
    Necromancer is to early to say and will require purchase of the new chapter or wait a year and it will be sold in the crown store.

DKs - worst range class in the game.

Just my opinion without getting to detailed on numbers.

Edit: I would also suggest google search for videos of each class in play to see what interests you. That is the best way to get an idea of what you may like.
    Edited by idk on May 13, 2019 10:07PM