The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ZoS, if youll do nothing else for us will you at least remove visitor limits?

Imperial_Voice
Imperial_Voice
✭✭✭✭✭
The visitor limits are purely arbitrary and unreasonable low. Next to nothing has been done to housing for three years, and its long past time something was done. The guest limits are the biggest factor in limiting guild activity within houses so will you please communicate with us on what you plan to do about them?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @zos_literallyanyone
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No comments, as usual...
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The visitor limits really do limit guild activities. Only 24 can participate at any time during a guild event/activity at the guild hall.

We haven't really gotten any clear indication as to why visitor limits are set so low. We've received a fair bit of communication about the item slot limit, but not about visitor limits.

Two side notes:

(1) We really need true guildhall functionality.

(2) Why was the limit on collectibles in notable homes able to be raised while the regular item slot limit wasn't? Is there something different in the way collectible furnishings are handled that allowed this?
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need actual guild halls instead of what we have now for many reasons
    3 or 4 buildings 1 for each alliance and 1 somewhere else as a start these would be guild owned and like guild housing in other games has upgradeable stuff manly just a gold and mat sink that can give you small buffs and special gear with a higher item limit than manor homes.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

(1) We really need true guildhall functionality.

(2) Why was the limit on collectibles in notable homes able to be raised while the regular item slot limit wasn't? Is there something different in the way collectible furnishings are handled that allowed this?

1. So true. 24 is a ridiculous number, even for the smallest guild.

2. This is a question we would all like to be answered. But one has to assume that ZOS can't even think of a plausible reason, given their silence (as ever) on something that should be easy to address.

Of course, if we were able to use the current collectible allocation as furnishing items, that would be the sensible equivalent of raising the item cap. And we can't have that, can we.

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure this is part of what Zos spoke to recently and was pretty firm that they will not be increasing caps with housing. Sorry to give bad news, but this was part of a recent ESO Live.

If you go to their twitch home (Bethesda I believe) and find the video you will see the comments about 16-17 minutes into the broadcast.
    Edited by idk on May 15, 2019 8:40PM
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Pretty sure this is part of what Zos spoke to recently and was pretty firm that they will not be increasing caps with housing. Sorry to give bad news, but this was part of a recent ESO Live.

If you go to their twitch home (Bethesda I believe) and find the video you will see the comments about 16-17 minutes into the broadcast.

You have missed the point. We are asking why collectible item limits have been raised when ZOS are discounting raising the limits of normal items. Also the fact that making collectibles usable as normal furnishing items would alleviate the problem without actually raising slots. And no, this was not addressed on ESO live.

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    idk wrote: »

You have missed the point. We are asking why collectible item limits have been raised when ZOS are discounting raising the limits of normal items. Also the fact that making collectibles usable as normal furnishing items would alleviate the problem without actually raising slots. And no, this was not addressed on ESO live.

OP seems to be asking about increasing the visitor cap and says nothing about furnishings which is what you are speaking to. It seems you have missed the point of what was stated in both the title and the OP>
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh???

I was replying to @Jayne_Doe, as you may have noticed from the quote included in my post.
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The point of this thread was about guest limits which dont function the same way as item limits and are basically unnecessary unless a guild really tried to load a full 500 people into one house. They should be raised.
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think that the same issues around performance apply to visitors. It stems from collision calculations. The system has to remember where you placed each of your items and then calculate collisions when you 'encounter' them. The more people on your home, the number of calculations quickly escalates and performance drops in the instance.
    It's still very annoying though and greatly diminishes the usability of our homes, particularly as guildhalls.
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone has never been to Cyro? PvP campaigns should definitely have more computing power allocated to them than housing instances but even they struggle with 40 players in one place.

Some members of housing community have been making a lot of noise about lack of communication from ZOS (they really ignore all communities equally, don't flatter yourself) but how do you guys expect them to communicate with you if you will dismiss everything that does not fit you narrative? Some of the technical limitations might not be as arbitrary as you would like to think.
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    Someone has never been to Cyro? PvP campaigns should definitely have more computing power allocated to them than housing instances but even they struggle with 40 players in one place.

Some members of housing community have been making a lot of noise about lack of communication from ZOS (they really ignore all communities equally, don't flatter yourself) but how do you guys expect them to communicate with you if you will dismiss everything that does not fit you narrative? Some of the technical limitations might not be as arbitrary as you would like to think.

Its demonstratably true that housing is ignored more than any other major subforum. And its apparently demonstratably true that the limitations are in fact arbitrary. Neither of those things are here nor there though as they arent the topic of discussion.

The issue here is that housing, despite selling us large manors meant for guildhalls, have very limited guild functionality due to the severely low guest limit.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its demonstratably true that housing is ignored more than any other major subforum. And its apparently demonstratably true that the limitations are in fact arbitrary. Neither of those things are here nor there though as they arent the topic of discussion.

The issue here is that housing, despite selling us large manors meant for guildhalls, have very limited guild functionality due to the severely low guest limit.

Your own assumption that those manors meant to be guildhalls is your own responsibility. And once again you are trying to dismiss everything that does not fit you dream of " Make Housing Great Again". I can definitely see why ZOS pays so little attention to the forums.
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your own assumption that those manors meant to be guildhalls is your own responsibility. And once again you are trying to dismiss everything that does not fit you dream of " Make Housing Great Again". I can definitely see why ZOS pays so little attention to the forums.

Excuse me while I roll my eyes and ignore your attempt to hijack a thread you have no interest in.
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Quoted post has been removed.]

Yeah he is. Pretty sad that some people have that little to do with their time.

Edit: theres a block list for forums. Neat. Good lookin out ZoS.

Anyway, point is that visitor limitations are so low that they severely limit the ability to actually gather in our $150 homes and for some of the cheaper homes the limit of 12 is just insane. I mean look at Forsaken Stronghold, that house is actually larger than Daggerfall Overlook but can hold on half the players.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on May 21, 2019 8:58PM
  • ZOS_RogerJ
    ZOS_RogerJ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings! Just a friendly reminder to keep the threads constructive, civil and on-topic. While we completely understand everyone has their own opinions, thoughts, feelings and even frustrations, we want the forums to be a civil and constructive platform for the game and it's community as a whole.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Imperial_Voice I too would very much like to know why visitors are so restricted. In other MMO's I have played there were no such limits, and so there were no problems with holding Guild events such as meetings (no point in only being able to accommodate 24 guild members, that is the fastest way to discourage people from belonging to a guild in an active fashion).

As the Guild Leader of a very small and relatively inactive guild this does not practically concern us, but I really feel for larger guilds who struggle to maintain proper facilities for their members. I have been Guild Leader of much larger guilds in several other major MMO's, and we were always able to have the whole guild gathered in our Guild Hall for events.....even the older ones which maybe didn't even have the technology that present day games have.

I'm astounded that ZOS appear not to take this seriously, and even more that they have time to 'moderate' threads like this (like the above post), but clearly do not consider it worth their time to actually talk to us, and let us know why (if there is a valid reason) visitors are so draconianly restricted in a major AAA game like ESO.
    Edited by Aurie on May 17, 2019 2:47PM
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    @Imperial_Voice I too would very much like to know why visitors are so restricted. In other MMO's I have played there were no such limits, and so there were no problems with holding Guild events such as meetings (no point in only being able to accommodate 24 guild members, that is the fastest way to discourage people from belonging to a guild in an active fashion).

As the Guild Leader of a very small and relatively inactive guild this does not practically concern us, but I really feel for larger guilds who struggle to maintain proper facilities for their members.

I'm astounded that ZOS appear not to take this seriously, and even more that they have time to 'moderate' threads like this (like the above post), but clearly do not consider it worth their time to actually talk to us, and let us know why (if there is a valid reason) visitors are so draconianly restricted in a major AAA game like ESO.

I was told that the devs "browse the forums" and thats all I know on that topic. I do know though that the visitor limit is arbitrary and a major detriment to guild activity in game.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I get that, in theory, getting rid of the limit could cause issues.

So, if every large guild, who owned the same guild house, had an event, at exactly the same time and 500 people turned up for all of them, that could be disastrous.

But, given that it would be extremely unlikely that every guild (or even most guilds) would have an event at the same time, or that more than 50 members of any guild would go to the guild house for it, it seems unlikely that it would cause a major issue?

But then, what would I know?

Maybe if even 30 people were duelling, at the same time, in the same place, that could cause major issues?

I just don't know, frankly.

Also, I just don't really see the appeal of going to guild houses, for events, as things stand.

As the well-equipped ones are more like guild factories, with all the attunable crafting stations and mundus stones and have very few slots left for much decoration.

Meaning you really need to assign a house as a Guild Factory (with stations) and then another one as a Guild House (without), to make the latter a pleasant and/or interesting place to be.

Ideally, they would consolidate all the attunable stations into one per craft, with a set choice menu.

Also/alternatively, if various houses could be assigned as various Guild things (Guild Meeting House/Guild Crafting House/Guild Lounge etc.), as opposed to having to tell people to go to this or that person's Primary, then that would help, too.

Then more guilds might have to worry about current limits being lifted.

As things stand, you rarely seem to bump into more than about 3 or 4 people at a time, in any Guild Factory.....I mean House.
    Edited by Tigerseye on May 19, 2019 3:51PM
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so will you please communicate with us on what you plan to do about them?

I just saw the topic being marked with the ZOS icon so I thought "at last! they replied!"

Then I saw it was a moderation post.

e102293a06abb0b63f067f1fcb554ebc.jpg

TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always check ZOS posts, as one lives in hope.

Unfortunately around 90+% of them turn out to be moderation of some kind.
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so will you please communicate with us on what you plan to do about them?

I just saw the topic being marked with the ZOS icon so I thought "at last! they replied!"

Then I saw it was a moderation post.

e102293a06abb0b63f067f1fcb554ebc.jpg

Thats all we ever get from ZoS in housing. Moderation and "buy our new $150 asset flip"