The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO plus free teleportation

Valtis
Valtis
Soul Shriven
Hi there. I though it would be a great idea as a new eso plus feature to be able to teleport to wayshrines fro free as an ESO plus member. (I stole the idea from the Tera premium program, where you get a teleportation book). So basically you would be able to move to wayshrines without paying for it. I think it’s not a game breaking advantage but a quality of life improvement, that would add a lot of value to the eso plus subscription.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why?
    I mean, you can already run to the next wayshrine and port for free.

And if you're really in a hurry to get out from somewhere, just port to a guild mate ...
    shades.gif

• Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gold sinks. The more Gold sinks an MMO has, The better the MMO.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mean, I wouldn't complain! But I'm biased as I've been subscribing for the vast majority of my game time, and see no reason to stop.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Valtis
    Valtis
    Soul Shriven
    As I said just a nice quality of life improvement. Nothing necessary. But some times I want to get somewhere fast and without the hassle of finding a mate who is online and in the right place. And if he is not in the right place teleport twice to get where I want to be. I know, that this might be just a first wolf problem. But well. If I get the eso plus why not have that Luxus? 😋
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kikke wrote: »
    Gold sinks. The more Gold sinks an MMO has, The better the MMO.

We have players with 10s and even 100s of millions of gold So gold sinks are not effective.

The cost is really small unless you just keep porting and porting without using a wayshrine. Even then it is not to huge and I do not think the travel debuff stacks.

Edited by idk on May 13, 2019 4:50PM
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only time that might be useful is as a brand new player, before you have built up any gold. After that, you don’t even think about the cost if you can’t be bothered to run to the nearest wayshrine.
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I almost always fast travel. It costs almost nothing. Even after doing over and over again doing surveys it can get to 1k which is still chump change..
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valtis wrote: »
    If I get the eso plus why not have that Luxus? 😋

Are you German?
    idea.gif

• Valtis
    Valtis
    Soul Shriven

Yeah 🙈😂 you got me. That’s why I would also like to avoid paying the extra fees. Hahaha.
    SirAndy wrote: »

Are you German?
    idea.gif

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    War doch klar, wer benutzt denn sonst das Wort Luxus ...
    biggrin.gif
    Yeah 🙈😂 you got me. That’s why I would also like to avoid paying the extra fees. Hahaha.
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Are you German?
    idea.gif

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't object to it being added, but only because I think it's a pointless thing to offer. There's already at least two ways to teleport for free (go to a wayshrine first or teleport to a friend) and if you do need to pay the cost is negligible.

I feel like this would be in with the 10% XP boost and increased gold from certain drops which no one even bothers to mention when discussing the pros and cons of subscribing.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's a good idea. It would be particularly useful for porting from home, since we STILL don't have home teleportation shrines yet.
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess this must be for consoles. There are add-ons that make it super easy to teleport anywhere in game. Yet I thought I heard you can install add-ons in consoles now.

Just no reason to add that to ESO Plus.
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BigM wrote: »
    Guess this must be for consoles. There are add-ons that make it super easy to teleport anywhere in game. Yet I thought I heard you can install add-ons in consoles now.

No, we don't have add-ons for ESO, yet. We did get them for Skyrim, but not ESO.

And, if add-ons already do this, then why not have it part of ESO+, for us console peasants?

Though I really don't think it's necessary, for reasons already stated.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on May 15, 2019 9:18PM
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    BigM wrote: »

No, we don't have add-ons for ESO, yet. We did get them for Skyrim, but not ESO.

And, if add-ons already do this, then why not have it part of ESO+, for us console peasants?

Though I really don't think it's necessary, for reasons already stated.

All the PC Addon does is teleport you to a guild member in the zone, so if you don't have a guild member there it doesn't work. It just makes it faster typing /tp -zone name- and then it ports you if there is anyone there to port to.

If the money is a huge issue for you, you can do this manually by going to guild list and finding someone in that zone and teleporting to them, it takes longer but saves you the gold.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com