The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should I just start over? Can I mail stuff to my alts?

halldorr
halldorr
Soul Shriven
I tried ESO a long time ago and got to level 19ish. I haven't played since so am completely lost, should I just start over? If I start over, can I send things from that character to my new one?

Also, what is a good race for a Templar healer?
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, you can undo every choice in this game, except for class and alliance. Level 19 is nothing, just play the game and figure stuff out.
  • GlassHalfFull
    GlassHalfFull
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you stay with your current character, and read a ESO beginner guide, for example, this one from Alcast.

You can make another alt to try things out, experiment, find out what works for you and enjoy it.
    Curiosity is the cure for boredom, there is no cure for curiosity.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Level 19 is low enough that starting over makes sense. Any gear you may have can be put into your bank where any of your chars can access it.

I pick race purely for roleplay reasons so my Templar healer is a Bosmer. That said, if you want to pick an 'efficient' race for this, Breton is a pretty good choice.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But don't delete that first character. You may find later that you made some good decisions, and want to continue.And I wouldn't bother sending stuff. At low levels, you outgrow things too fast not to just use what drops.
    Edited by ghastley on May 13, 2019 9:17PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any gear you may have can be put into your bank where any of your chars can access it.

agree.gif

• Caleb_Kadesh
    Caleb_Kadesh
    ✭✭✭
    There is no reason not to start a new character. You can get to lvl 19 in short order. Basically play the class and ace that you would most enjoy.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, you can undo every choice in this game, except for class and alliance. Level 19 is nothing, just play the game and figure stuff out.

This and at level 19 you really know nothing about how the character will play at end game other than if it is a DK which is inherently melee and you prefer ranged.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you need the slot, dont delete a character.

Make them an inventory mule, and writ crafting alt, a hirelings alt, something productive
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Create one of each class play to level 10 or 20. You will have an idea of which one you like. Keep the others and level them up later.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn’t delete the character, but it’s a good idea to start a new one if you’re lost. There are some basic tutorials and crafting lessons at the beginning. For a Templar healer you can’t beat Breton.
  • Jessicaksch
    Jessicaksch
    Soul Shriven
    I had a max level cp200 with max crafting too. I deleted her a while ago because I took such a long break. I had hundings armor and just put everything in my bank, including gold.

With a new character, as soon as you are that level, you can easily access your bank and get that armor and weapons so you don't have to craft it all over again!
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    halldorr wrote: »
    I tried ESO a long time ago and got to level 19ish. I haven't played since so am completely lost, should I just start over? If I start over, can I send things from that character to my new one?

Also, what is a good race for a Templar healer?

19 is very low, so not very far into the progression available at all, so in that respect it will make little difference if you start again or keep going.

Plenty has changed so I would suggest making a new character and starting again. Keep the old character, if it has gear etc you want to keep, simply put it in the bank, your new character can pick it up from there.

For a Templar healer, there are several choices of race. I would suggest Breton as the sustain (resource regeneration) makes healing more efficient and manageable. Or in other words, its a bit easier for a newer player. You could also choose Altmer (high elf). To be honest you can choose any race if you like, it does make a difference, but for the average player its not actually a huge factor and different races can lend themselves to different builds.