Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My furnished Gardner House

Yvarhna
Yvarhna
✭✭✭
Finally furnished my house! Hope you enjoy the pictures :)

6ny9kfp4izqq.png
lhiltvi7atwb.png
0iayc2ksjmxb.png
t4m1tf2refwm.png
kiypeu8gcebo.png
v15zqk1n4l9i.png
zcklzm1mrod7.png
kob2lcmch7mv.png
5qf4tryf6lpa.png
0qnciccpt6mk.png
uf6f2zs4vx6c.png
bf1ybnnnw3il.png
43bhjs4nzns2.png
tba90p0d6nlx.png
ku7gmhm3d2d3.png

wlic2wrz6ct1.png
a41ae2yq05bb.png
bw3mh4zazfhx.png
53y85vgf1oqd.png
p3hrgwwvl9gl.png
53sjkp663j1a.png
2rez2jvvv7xa.png
coenxiwcjmp8.png
o7al58ljbghp.png
sv28awmvg8n8.png

lius4w9wmhub.png
j84e7hyxhklw.png
67wb8oo5gq5x.png
qmqlslew59su.png
jjoeykildwi1.png

• wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love your home, it's amazing. Well done!!! Thank you for sharing. I love how cosy and inviting you made your home <3
  • elytherial
    elytherial
    ✭✭
    This is amazing. Look at all the plant babies!

Great job. ♥
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fabulous!

You've given us so many ideas to bring out the best in this home, and every bit of it is so atmospheric. I love your use of lighting, especially putting some in display cases.

I did my Gardner House ages ago but was never completely happy with it. Thank you for inspiring me to go back and rethink it all....that will be the next project.

Please post your other houses, past and future, we would all love to see them.
  • Yvarhna
    Yvarhna
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone for the kind words ;)

..... and yes, @Aurelle1, when I first set up the Gardner house I too was not completely happy about it. I decided to re-do it all after looking at some inspiration found on forums. I am now very happy with the way it turned out.

I never thought housing would be so much fun, but I am hooked now. Will need to buy another house and make it my next project.
  • Emathides
    Emathides
    ✭✭✭
    Gorgeous! Would love to see it in-game, is it open for visitors?
  • Yvarhna
    Yvarhna
    ✭✭✭
    @Emathides

I plan on having a open home through RK's EHT, only I have to download some of the requirements for it first. I will post on here once it's up and ready.
  • Mason_King
    Mason_King
    ✭✭✭
    thanks for the inspiration, I'm working on purchasing the Gardner house too, and my prime concern is how I'm going to wall off sections of the house into small rooms. I love the use of lattice, and It looks like Alinor bookshelves are big enough to do it. How'd you get stained glass tho?
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You certainly stuck true to the home's name lol.

Nice. :)
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Yvarhna
    Yvarhna
    ✭✭✭
    @Mason_King

The stained glass is from Essential Housing Tools (EHT) which is a addon. It offers a huge variety of things to help accentuate a home.

Here is a link for it.
    https://esoui.com/downloads/info1959-EssentialHousingTools.html
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The outside is simply amazing! I am amazed by people that know how to landscape. I can't create a garden that looks even remotely nice.

Then, the inside! Plants everywhere aren't my personal taste, but you use them so effectively! And the lighting - that's another thing I don't do all that well. I basically just put in lights so that the place doesn't look dark.

I'm also not one for the eclectic use of furniture, but I think you've blended the different styles quite well. I'm guessing the lighting you use helps with that? It also looks like you've used some textures from EHT - stained-glass windows, e.g.

All in all, you did such a great job. I wonder how on earth you fit all that in there with the items limits. But again, did EHT help you fill things in with textures?
  • Yvarhna
    Yvarhna
    ✭✭✭
    @Jayne_Doe
    You'd be suprised by how much you can actually fit in the medium size houses. I have ESO+ so I got 600 slots. Right now I am sitting on 597.

I used EHT for the stain glass windows, some of the pictures and some ornaments but the majority is just using furniture, plants and lighting. For the garden, I did place some of EHT's plants which you can see in the first picture, and a tree which sits at the very far back of the garden behind the stable. Also, inside the kitchen area I used EHT's ivy along with eso's ivy to make it fuller, but the rest is all plants available on eso.

The reason I choose the Gardner house is because I noticed it wasn't really favoured by people due to the big open rooms, so I made it a challenge for myself to come up with something that made it really stand out. The original outside part felt underwhelming so by using the Alinor ballroom flooring and steps, this has created a far nicer setting to build up a garden, because as you can tell, I like gardens.

• Mason_King
    Mason_King
    ✭✭✭
    Yvarhna wrote: »
    @Mason_King

The stained glass is from Essential Housing Tools (EHT) which is a addon. It offers a huge variety of things to help accentuate a home.

Here is a link for it.
    https://esoui.com/downloads/info1959-EssentialHousingTools.html

Oh, I'm on PS4 thanks tho. :)
  • DovahkiinHeart
    DovahkiinHeart
    ✭✭✭
    Very nice! I'm borrowing inspiration from one of your kitchen shots!
  • Veesk
    Veesk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well done, looks beautiful!
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Jayne_Doe
    You'd be suprised by how much you can actually fit in the medium size houses. I have ESO+ so I got 600 slots. Right now I am sitting on 597.

I used EHT for the stain glass windows, some of the pictures and some ornaments but the majority is just using furniture, plants and lighting. For the garden, I did place some of EHT's plants which you can see in the first picture, and a tree which sits at the very far back of the garden behind the stable. Also, inside the kitchen area I used EHT's ivy along with eso's ivy to make it fuller, but the rest is all plants available on eso.

The reason I choose the Gardner house is because I noticed it wasn't really favoured by people due to the big open rooms, so I made it a challenge for myself to come up with something that made it really stand out. The original outside part felt underwhelming so by using the Alinor ballroom flooring and steps, this has created a far nicer setting to build up a garden, because as you can tell, I like gardens.

Ah, right, it has 600 slots. Same as my Amaya Lake Lodge, which is MUCH larger and I struggle within the limit at that place.

I'm not really a fan of the Breton homes overall, though I did purchase Ravenhurst, the medium Breton home, but I just can't get inspired to decorate it, since it's just one large room and then a small loft. I have ideas for adding flooring on the second floor, to make more space, but the openness of the ground floor still has me reluctant to get started. That and I've got several other homes to finish.

Kudos again on your Gardner House. And, I noticed the ballroom floor outside and I really think it makes the area so much more lovely and formal.
  • DovahkiinHeart
    DovahkiinHeart
    ✭✭✭
    @Yvarhna I have a question. I really like that overhanging structure above the grill. Is it part of a furnishing or is it already a furnishing by itself? Can you tell me the name? I'd really like to make my little kitchen similar to that if its okay :) And in the 14th screenshot, is the painting to the right of the fireplace a painting from the game??
    Edited by DovahkiinHeart on May 17, 2019 5:39PM
  • incrediblySneepy
    incrediblySneepy
    Soul Shriven
    This is such a wonderful house, you decorated it so beautifully! I don't even want to know how many crowns/hours you spent crafting/buying all the furniture (okay, I do want to know if I'm being honest).
    I basically just started playing and getting into housing, so this looks super impressive! My first big housing goal will be Cliffshade, I hope I can come somewhat close to what you created here regarding the love for detail and authenticity! <3
    Edited by incrediblySneepy on June 12, 2019 9:00PM
    "I'll fight for a cause. Dying for one? Not so much." Hajan - friendly assassin, part-time comedian, Guar sympathiser
    "I don't do safe." Mirial Redthorn - wannabe thief, best sniffer dog in Vvardenfell, heart of gold
    "This one only wants to help." Zalkir Sugar-Paws - puts the romance in necromancer, loves mysteries, devourer of sweets

PC EU
  • Yvarhna
    Yvarhna
    ✭✭✭
    @DovahkiinHeart The furniture used above the grill is first: Salvaged Plate Plain (its found under Structures in crown store or you can purchase or make it in game), then I used the High elf Bar, overhanging sitting on top of it and the wedding trellis which you can buy at the luxury furniture trader found in Cold Harbour. And of course, I'm flattered that anyone would like to use these ideas for their own home. I posted these pictures purely to give people ideas :)

about the painting - Most of the paintings I used have come from the Essential Housing Toll addon, so if you are on PC than these will be available for you should you download the addon. I highly recommend this addon to anyone on PC as it has so many amazing features that can help create a truly fantastic home.

@incrediblySneepy - So many of the furniture in my home is easily made or bought in the guild stores. The only thing I spent crowns on was some of the plants and trees. I really don't think I spent overly much in crowns, really most was found in game. You'll find a lot of the areas in the game will have furniture traders, and also special furniture pieces from achievements. Just keep a eye out on guild stores for various pieces that you like, and open all chests, bags, urns etc to find furniture motifs. There is also a luxury furniture trader in Cold Harbour which has interesting things you can buy. It does change (not sure how often) so keep on what comes up.
  • Pinesy
    Pinesy
    ✭✭✭
    Love how you've decorated this home! Can't wait until you've set it up as an open house to be able to check it out in game :smiley:
    Beezenees IGN (PC/NA)
  • Yvarhna
    Yvarhna
    ✭✭✭
    Open home is now available for any on PCNA through the Essential Housing Tool addon. My in-game name is @General.Mittens :)
  • Emathides
    Emathides
    ✭✭✭
    Open home is now available for any on PCNA through the Essential Housing Tool addon. My in-game name is @General.Mittens :)

Hey Yvarhna, I think you may need to set your permissions to allow visitors. I attempted but got the no permission to visit error.
  • Yvarhna
    Yvarhna
    ✭✭✭
    Ooops my apologies. I'm pretty sure it should be set now :D