The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Guild Traders Are Giving Me A Headache

Berronax
Berronax
I really just can't get used to the trading system in this game, I thought after a couple month of playing i'd be used to it.

But I just absolutely DREAD any time I have to go to a guild trader to buy something.

I think at one point I spent 4 HOURS running across the world trying to find an item to buy, I thought my troubles were over when I found this site - https://eu.tamrieltradecentre.com/pc/Trade

But nope.. EVERYTHING that is listed on this site either doesn't exist, or is 5x as expensive as the price it says there, and today I noticed a new problem, this site lists where the guild trader is located and what guild it is, but today(sunday) I went to a location it said, and it was a completely different guild that controlled this trader, and the listing on the site said the item was from "54 minutes ago"

Can a guild trader seriously change hands every hour?

I just can't wrap my head around guild traders, can anyone give me any sort of pointers for it? is there a better website that's updated more frequently or something?
PC - EU.
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    FIrst there's a lot of Guild Traders on every area of the game so when TTC gives you a location it maybe not be the first one (Really there's 5 or 6 Guild Traders on the area)

Second, yes people buy things fast, i'm looking for a Briarheart Dagger for 100K, and miraculously someone always buy before me, so yeah, people get good things fast

Third, as a Guild Seller i love TTC, i always register my listings and it always make the item sell REALLY fast

Basically if you want something that have high demand, be prepared to fight
    Edited by yRaven on May 12, 2019 11:31PM
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The guild trader bidding ends on sundays. So yes. On Sunday on a VERY specific time. Traders change hands. and TTC instantly updates on this. tho more people needs to run it for it to update faster
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Berronax
    Berronax
    yRaven wrote: »
    FIrst there's a lot of Guild Traders on every area of the game so when TTC gives you a location it maybe not be the first one (Really there's 5 or 6 Guild Traders on the area)

Yeah I get that, what I meant was for example it told me there was a guild trader in Firebrand Keep (stormhaven) and I went there and it was a completely different guild, but this area there was only 1 trader.

In regards to the item though, when it's say.. listed on TTC website for 10k gold, then I go to the trader and the item is 50k (but its same seller) does that mean they've manipulated the system or something?

Kikke wrote: »
    The guild trader bidding ends on sundays. So yes. On Sunday on a VERY specific time. Traders change hands. and TTC instantly updates on this. tho more people needs to run it for it to update faster

Oh, what time specifically? https://esoclock.uesp.net/ CET time pref
    PC - EU.
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Berronax wrote: »
    Yeah I get that, what I meant was for example it told me there was a guild trader in Firebrand Keep (stormhaven) and I went there and it was a completely different guild, but this area there was only 1 trader.

Oh this happened to me a while ago, don't know why, but it was 1 time in 3 months
    Berronax wrote: »
    In regards to the item though, when it's say.. listed on TTC website for 10k gold, then I go to the trader and the item is 50k (but its same seller) does that mean they've manipulated the system or something?

No, that means that the same item was being sold by two persons in the same Guild with different prices, like i normally sell Dreugh Wax for 5.5K but some people like to sell for 7.5K, my appears first because it's a lower price, but if someone already bought it, you will only see the other one

Hope you can get what you want.
    Edited by yRaven on May 13, 2019 12:32AM
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to TTC, I got an Infused Spell Strategist Inferno Staff for 200 gold.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TTC is the best this game has for approximating a modern MMO trade system. The alternative is to waste time wandering around hoping to stumble across a trader that happens to have the item you want or waste time spamming chat hoping someone willing to sell is in the same place at the same time you are.

But even with TTC trading in this game is still not anything like as convenient as in other newer MMOs I've played. And it does take some getting used to.

My advice is to sort TTC by price but also look at how long ago an item was posted. It takes a bit of knowledge to gauge how long it's likely to stay there, but in general anything under an hour you've got a decent chance of finding. For high demand items or anything exceptionally cheap it might be a matter of minutes because someone will buy it even if they don't want it themselves, knowing they can re-list it for more money.

Also this isn't a Google search - good results can be a few pages in. For example at the end of the anniversary event I was looking for Sai Sahan's Jack. With it being the end of the event a lot of people were buying up style pages so there was a lot of competition. On traders I'd checked myself I'd only seen it for 20k or more.

TTC listed prices as low as 1k but those were always gone when I got there even if they were new listings and the cheapest I found on those traders was 18k, better but not ideal. So I scrolled down the listings (sorted by price) looking for recent ones and on the 3rd page I found one for 4k listed 12 minutes ago on an out of the way trader and when I checked it was still there. I think that mix of factors - remote trader not getting much 'natural' traffic, and being just high enough to push it off the first couple of pages on TTC made the difference. And it was only 2-3k more than the lowest prices I'd seen, which in this game is not much at all. (Especially when the alternative was to pay 20k.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are hunting for bargains, you pretty much have to search them yourselves. Addons such as [Master Merchant and Awesome Guild Store make it easier. TTC is a bit hit and miss since it only lists stuff that people who have the addon and visited those guild stores saw, and also many of the listings are outdated and had sold by the time you got there.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Myrkgrav
    Myrkgrav
    ✭✭✭✭
    What do you mean, this system is flawless and great! It makes so much sense! At least, that's what some people on this forum would have you believe. It's garbage. But oh god, don't mention a global AH cause that would make sense. :)
    Morty | ♂ | @morti_macabre | PC NA | EST
    Member of Knights of the Sanguine, Sheogorath's Mortals & Sword Coast Traders
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One addon you may want to try: Nirn Auction House ( https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1768-NirnAuctionHouse.html ).
    You can list up to 100 items for sale at no cost ( i.e. no listing fee ). Items list for 7 days. When an item is sold, it is sent by COD mail ( seller pays COD fee ).

I have been using it for about 4 to 5 months with no problem, have not lost anything.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trying to use TTC to get a bargain on a sought after item is setting yourself up for disappointment. There's a reason why those items are sought after and why people tend to buy them quickly. If you really want that bargain you will have to do the legwork yourself. Or you can approach it from another angle and just farm some gold and buy the item for going price in any major city. Just make a choice what you value more, gold or time.

TTC is player update and unless someone with the addon stops buy a guildtrader it has no way of getting information. That's why it can never be fully accurate.