The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is it possible to dodge attacks without roll dodging running in a straight line

Waylander07
Waylander07
✭✭✭✭
I had a well known player dodge 4 whips in a row without roll dodging running in a straight line with me right behind him. I also saw another player dodge oil falling on his head while standing still. Im not calling anybody a cheat but I have also seen certain players regularly dodge 4 out of 5 ranged attacks without roll dodging . Am I missing something here as every attack seems to hit me if I don't roll dodge or use my wings.
Edited by Waylander07 on May 12, 2019 4:53PM
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lol...We don't talk about this on the forums! Come on man, are you saying there is a bug with the positioning system and people are exploiting it? No way...! Even if there is, stop suggesting people are using it! Everyone in Cyrodiil plays nice and fair, right? R-Right!? No one would possibly use a bug with the positioning system that makes you appear in two places at once and causes damage to be truncated against you, nu-uh! No way! Not in my Cyro! Ya'll stop playin'...!
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Meridia’s+Blessed+Armor+Set

Maybe they had this set on and blocked an attack from you?
    Edited by TBois on May 13, 2019 2:36AM
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »

And maybe you didn't read the part where the OP stated "... running in a straight line with me right behind him" and maybe you didn't read the 5-piece bonus on the blessed armor that reads "When you Block an attack ..."

Maybe you shouldn't post maybes ...
    dry.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on May 13, 2019 2:42AM
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen things like this happen quite a few times in the past. I recall one player who didn't detect me passively dodge 4 or 5 concealed weapons from cloak while running. Though I only play sporadically, I do remember it happening recently and wondering to myself if the old major evasion returned.
  • 0utLaw
    0utLaw
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

And maybe you didn't read the part where the OP stated "... running in a straight line with me right behind him" and maybe you didn't read the 5-piece bonus on the blessed armor that reads "When you Block an attack ..."

dry.gif

Maybe you shouldn’t post either, since it looks like you don’t know that you only need to proc meridia’s with block? After that your opponent is getting “blindness” debuff and he will be missing every possible attack against you, you can stand still, or run, or lay down in his aoe ultimate - doesn’t matter.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    With tonight's lag- I wouldn't doubt it was a positioning issue. I was straight in the face of many players and I couldn't even touch them.

Why the *** do we subscribe to a game that we can't play???
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Waylander07
    Waylander07
    ✭✭✭✭
    0utLaw wrote: »

dry.gif

Maybe you shouldn’t post either, since it looks like you don’t know that you only need to proc meridia’s with block? After that your opponent is getting “blindness” debuff and he will be missing every possible attack against you, you can stand still, or run, or lay down in his aoe ultimate - doesn’t matter.

For this to happen one of my attacks would need to have been blocked but they never landed in the first place.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭

dry.gif

Block the first of 5 attacks, runs away for 5 seconds to miss the 4 stated.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it actually saying "dodge" or is it just attacks not connecting to players that are - seemingly - in range? Because the latter is a common issue caused by position desyncs - the players are simply not where they seem to be on your screen.

There might also be a bug where the rolldodge animation isn't displayed correctly.
    Edited by Rianai on May 13, 2019 10:17AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »
    Is it actually saying "dodge" or is it just attacks not connecting to players that are - seemingly - in range? Because the latter is a common issue caused by position desyncs - the players are simply not where they seem to be on your screen.

There might also be a bug where the rolldodge animation isn't displayed correctly.

I believe OP, Ive had instances where the dodge words popped up and seemed entirely unwarranted. I think there is some kind of bug where either people are somehow able to passively dodge OR you dont see the roll dodge animation on your screen and actually I think thats quite likely especially when performance is bad.
  • Waylander07
    Waylander07
    ✭✭✭✭

It is saying dodge, but it only seems to be with certain players. it may be some bug with there build I really don't know what causes it. I will try to video it.
    Edited by Waylander07 on May 13, 2019 10:57AM
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is saying dodge, but it only seems to be with certain players. it may be some bug with there build I really don't know what causes it. I will try to video it.

Some things just aren't connecting at the moment. I played my magplar for the first time in ages last night and my toppling charge only connected on slow moving or stationary targets. You can picture my frustration at being unable to connect and stun a fast moving target. grrrrr
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)