The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Not getting kicked out of Cyro Campaign when logging out.

Kikke
Kikke
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Since when did they change so you don't get kicked out when you logout out of an pop locked campaign? Used to be instant kick from campaign on logout before. And what does this do with the pop lock as a whole?

Reason I'm asking is because I've often seen recently that AD have been pop locked, yet no AD too see.
Cleared Trials:
- vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
-Someone said it, I guess.
  • Dominion_Nightblade
    I've noticed it has to do with how long you have been logged off. For example, if I log off and log right back in, I'll still be in a popped campaign. However, if I log out and stay logged out for a min, then I'll get the boot. Also if you go in que and log off, you will still be in the que if you log back in before it is up.

AD is everywhere when I log in :)
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    hmm, I can log off on one of my PvP alts, jump vivec on pop locked. Leave him in there and even after a week when I log back on him he is still in cyro. And the question is if this is so, what does that do too the pop lock?

The AD comment was referring too a incident on EU Vivec tonight. But it made me wonder xD
    Edited by Kikke on May 12, 2019 2:53AM
    Cleared Trials:

• Dominion_Nightblade
    That is because it is not popped when you log back in a week later. I only get the boot after a while when it is popped. And you will hopefully need to get a dev to answer that. Or someone who has done their homework.
  • Dominion_Nightblade
    Oh lol, I didn't see the AD part till after. I'm PCNA. Although I avoid prime time due to lag, I see plenty of yellows morning and night.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a timer from after you log where it holds your spot. Believe it was put in so people who crash could get back in and not go to the back of the line. Think it gives you 5-10 minutes.

After that time, it depends on if your faction is full when you go to login
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok, so you count towards the faction pop lock for 5-10min after the game sees you as offline?
    Edited by Kikke on May 12, 2019 3:29AM
    Cleared Trials:

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's what I'd assume based on how it behaves. Dont worry. You aren't contributing less than many that are actively in standing around somewhere
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So theoretically, if a zerg of 40 people instantly swap faction, then for up too 10 min they will count for both factions?
    Cleared Trials:

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kikke wrote: »
    So theoretically, if a zerg of 40 people instantly swap faction, then for up too 10 min they will count for both factions?

I dont know that would work. Seems like if I get hard dropped on 1 character and cant get back in game on that character at all, if I log in another character then log back out then try the first character again; I wind up then able to get back in game outside of Cyrodiil. Not sure if its timer at that point or if it removes your first character because you logged in with an alt.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oki, thanks for the answers =)
    Cleared Trials:

• Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You would need a dev to answer that but yeah that is the logic

All though i crash often and dont think the timer is 10 minutes

Should be like 3-5 minutes. Not enough time to reboot+ restart steam + game
    Edited by Morgul667 on May 12, 2019 3:43AM
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not believe so.

When you are disconnected from the server without logging out, the server will hold your place for a period of time. I would say it's approximately 5 minutes, but it can be extended based on when the server recognizes when you were disconnected and how much lag there is. If you log in with a different character upon return, your character that was in Cyrodiil loses their place.

If one logs out of a campaign normally, they lose their place. If there is another player queued, they are allowed to enter to take their place.

I think some confusion stems from the population lock icon. There are two types of poplock: hard and soft. When softlocked, the population indicator shows a lock icon, but players can enter without a queue. With a hard poplock, there is a queue.

The scenario you presented of a zerg trying game the queue system to gain a population advantage over another faction is not possible under normal circumstances.

It's common for players in Cyrodiil to ask "where is everyone??" when the campaign is poplocked. In my experience, that might mean different things. For example, large 500 player PVE guilds sometimes have IC nights in which they take one or more large groups to IC. If your faction has one or more large groups in IC, that will have a noticeable impact in Cyro. But there are probably dozens of relevant factors that cause this.
    Edited by zyk on May 12, 2019 1:05PM
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks a lot for the replies =) Think I get it now xP
    Cleared Trials: