The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Tavern Maid Dress Dyed

DiNanna63
DiNanna63
✭✭✭
I thought I'd share in case others were curious how it dyes. A few colors didn't look the same on the corset but overall, I'm pleased with how well this dyes.

Skirt & Necklace: Abysall Blue
Top: Antique Silver
Corset & Shoes: Graht-Bark Brown (I think)

W9XeE5d.png
  • TheCabbageborn
    TheCabbageborn
    ✭✭✭
    4b6YkIF.jpg

couldn't think of any outrageous color schemes but here's some more examples of how well this costume dyes
    when a problem comes along u must fus it
  • DiNanna63
    DiNanna63
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting the various colors. It will help those thinking of buying the dress.
  • TheCabbageborn
    TheCabbageborn
    ✭✭✭
    so in my experience, the top and bottom are pretty true, where the corset is duller and darker but still very dyeable . it also highlights the reflectiveness of certain dyes
  • TheCabbageborn
    TheCabbageborn
    ✭✭✭
    it might actually be too shiny for some, which is a problem I'd want to have with a costume
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it might actually be too shiny for some, which is a problem I'd want to have with a costume
    I just got it. It's not shiny at all. It looks like the OP just used a few shiny dyes for these pics.

Edited by SydneyGrey on May 9, 2019 7:49PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    those are some cute bosmer
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tested a lot of dyes, though I am far from having a complete dye collection. The top and skirt were pretty hard to prevent from getting shiny; the corset stayed matte. It does dye well, and drape well. I haven't peeked at it on a male character yet but I can pretty much imagine how it'll look :)
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm definitely going to pick this one up. I was also pleased to see the 700 crown price. I was expecting 1000.
  • TheCabbageborn
    TheCabbageborn
    ✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    I just got it. It's not shiny at all. It looks like the OP just used a few shiny dyes for these pics.

oh! to clarify: it's not shiny by default but more dyes than I had expected turned it shiny which is an odd issue if you're specifically looking for the appearance of a cotton dress. I like it, but it is limiting in a sense
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took some screenshots aswell of the costume, testing various dyes I had and I think it's quite true to colour and matte/shinyness of the dyes.
    The only dyes that dyes somewhat badly are the red ones, though luckily it do have a good red at some bits as standard.

The dress' fabric is matte which I think all costumes should be, because this causes all matte dyes to be be matte, semi glossy to be semi glossy and the very glossy dyes to be very glossy.
    This is compared to the costumes that already have glossy textures, which causes them to always be glossy, no matter what dye you use.

1: Is a mix of common dyes. 2: Birch White. 3: Maormer-Eyes grey. 4: Divine Gold
    KWE7H3O.jpg

1: Red Diamond Red. 2: Contraband Violet. 3: Viridian Venom. 4: Covenant Vanquisher Violet.
    Q1q7s72.jpg

1: Silvernar Green. 2: Welkynd Blue. 3: Netch Jelly Blue. 4: Coldharbour Ash black.
    g8ZLjis.jpg

And apologise if this post makes little sense. I'm writing it after been awake for almost 24 hours.
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on May 10, 2019 4:24AM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • DiNanna63
    DiNanna63
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the posting the various colors and explanation. It shows how well the dress dyes.
  • TheCabbageborn
    TheCabbageborn
    ✭✭✭
    thanks NotaDaedraWorshipper for a better breakdown

so, yeah, I was impressed by this costume and thought it has very clear Fashion Scrolls potential.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love this dress. The style is very simple but it has wonderful lines and it dyes great. I'd actually love to have this made for real to wear to Renfest.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I took some screenshots aswell of the costume, testing various dyes I had and I think it's quite true to colour and matte/shinyness of the dyes.
    The only dyes that dyes somewhat badly are the red ones, though luckily it do have a good red at some bits as standard.

The dress' fabric is matte which I think all costumes should be, because this causes all matte dyes to be be matte, semi glossy to be semi glossy and the very glossy dyes to be very glossy.
    This is compared to the costumes that already have glossy textures, which causes them to always be glossy, no matter what dye you use.
    Thanks for the pictures! Very informative, and it looks like I'll be buying the dress so good job :smiley:

• BlueViolet
    BlueViolet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like this dress. It's really simple and pretty and it doesn't deform your character ( at least, not that I've noticed )
    When you use a rare dye on it, it can get pretty shiny, but it's much better than some of the articles of clothing that don't dye barely at all.

EU / NA / PC
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got this dress along with sapiarch's one and I should say that while it's cheaper, it is actually better than 1000 crown gown.
  • Mataata
    Mataata
    ✭✭✭
    8mo79Ku.png
    Here's mine, in Jute Green, Dominion Conqueror Yellow, and Putrid Flesh Teal. It picks up colors basically at 100% of their strength, so use shiny stuff sparingly. It looks great with common-quality colors!
    Edited by Mataata on May 20, 2019 12:49AM
    I love the Power Glove! It's so bad!
    i also do art and stuff i guess, here's my twitter