Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Cloud Rest - Orbs Swallowed By Cone

kathandira
kathandira
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey All! I have a question regarding mechanics in Cloud Rest on Z'Maja. I've run this Trial countless times, but I observed something interesting last night that I hadn't noticed. As a matter of fact, I've thought in the past that there might be an intermittent bug.

During the Portal Phase, I have had on occasion had an issue where we only had 2 Orbs rather than 3 with all crystals destroyed. I've even checked the entire arena and there were none left. But last night, I observed something that may have answered this. We had a player who grabbed the final Orb. While they were running to the synergy, they died. I was on my way to go pick it up to finish the route, but the Cone appeared with the Orb in the middle. To avoid getting pulled out of the Portal, I waited a second for it to finish. At that time, I saw the Orb disappear right in front of my eyes.

Fortunately, there was 1 more Crystal left, so I ran over to break it. Mind you, I know 100% for a fact that the other 2 Orbs have been used on the synergies and the Orb that disappeared was the last one. When I broke the crystal, a 4th Orb appeared! So my assumption is that the Cone can swallow an Orb! Additionally, when i've had this happen in the past, there were no crystals left, so there was no way to spawn a 4th orb.

Can anyone else confirm this finding? Is this a normal mechanic that I was simply not aware of? Or did my eyes deceive me?

Thanks in advance!
Fizzlepop-531
Edited by kathandira on May 7, 2019 4:42PM
PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have never seen this, so I can not confirm it, but it would explain a lot. I'll keep an eye on it next time I'm farming CR. If this is really happening, then it is a bug and should be adressed by ZOS.
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon