The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

troll support, detailed gear and guide

Wing
Wing
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
this shares a lot in common with troll tanks but sacrifices in going full troll tank (and then often just ignored) to be a support tank and thus if ignored will still keep those around you alive.

REE ROO REE ROO FUN POLICE! nobody is killing anyone while your around!

recommended classes are warden and templar, obvious reasons are obvious, these are the best healers and support classes we have, necro will be good as well with rez ult and various group utility, if you want to wait for that one go ahead.

recommended races are Nord and Breton, secondary shout out to Argonian, after that its all meh, you can run it but its not optimal

sets are:

Impregnable Armor, Heavy

LEVEL 50 CHAMPION 160

(2 items) Adds 1206 Max Health
(3 items) Adds 1096 Max Stamina
(4 items) Adds 1096 Max Magicka
(5 items) Adds 2000 Critical Resistance.

Alessian Order

LEVEL 50 CHAMPION 160, Heavy

(2 items) Adds 2975 Physical Resistance
(3 items) Adds 2975 Spell Resistance
(4 items) Adds 1206 Max Health
(5 items) Increases your Health Recovery by 1% of your sum total Physical and Spell Resistance.

Blood Spawn

LEVEL 50 CHAMPION 160

(1 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
(2 items) When you take damage, you have a 6% chance to generate 14 Ultimate and increase your Physical and Spell Resistance by 6450 for 6 seconds. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds.

Sword and Board / Resto Staff

all impen, this is what varies from a lot of troll tanks, they are more block focused and will use impreg to get their crit resist then go sturdy traits to get block reduction, I don't like holding block and do like having a stamina pool to do other things, if you want to be a block tank that does nothing for anyone, look elsewhere. we are stacking full impen, except for reinforced on the chest to get even more resist.

jewelry traits are protective, weapon traits are defending.

enchants: tri enchants on the large pieces, health on small, magicka regen on jewelry, weapons are preference, magicka or stam drain poisons can be hinderance and sustain option at the same time, but defiantly want sustain on enchants / poison, you don't deal damage, don't try. could be further support by maybe adding crusher, but your goal is to be watching friendly targets, not trying to debuff people.

food: witch mothers for the poor and clockwork citrus for the wealthy

potions are classics too: vitality/heal over time, tri pots, immovable pots, if you pvp you know the drill, slam em on cooldown.

mundus stones: a lot of options, pick based on what you need, regen of your preferred or needed type, or even lady for more resistances if that's your thing (pretty inefficient source though)

you can go 5 1 1 getting impreg light and medium pieces but the max stats from undaunted really don't do anything, and the cumulative loss of resistances and health regen from armor sets and passives do begin to add up.

vampire is also required, we make great use of invigorating drain and mist form, and devouring swarm can be used though is not really optimal.

gameplay is as follows, you slot invigorating on your front bar as your main skill, use it to stun, gain ult, heal, deal slight damage (laughably negligible) you get hit, you gain ult, you heal, you gain ult. and you keep your friends alive, skill use should be obvious based on class, resto ult (at least for now) on back bar, mist from on back bar.

-note on mist form: it might seem like delaying the inevitable sometimes but you GENERATE ULT while in mist form, and proc bloodspawn, etc. mist form can be the difference between living to get that ult off and saving everyone or death.

as for classes, you probably already know what to do, if you dont

if Warden:
-make us of living vines, cast it on yourself at all times (just look somewhere people are not) or cast it on squishy friendlies or people under pressure.
-natures embrace gets you to the injured, puts a huge heal dot on you both, AND generates ultimate
-shimmering shield generates ultimate and eats projectiles
-fungal growth is actually kind of a *** spam heal, only spam it when there are ALOT of targets that need healing.
-it feels dumb to even have to say, but use perma frost

if Templar:
-Breath of life now and always
-Extended ritual now and always
-if you find you generate TOO MUCH magicka with channeled focus consider swapping some enchants, just take not of when you die do you still have magicka left, if so, change that.
-there is really not much to say, templar is pretty darn easy and simple, those two skill solve most problems.

for general purpose:
-blood alter puts vamp on every enemy in range, put this in breeches, on flags, anywhere you can, it helps ALOT, and grants a great synergy heal
-time freeze, yup, your that guy, the slow is huge, throw in breeches, at ball groups, in their path, etc. even throw it in front of 1vX'rs as they try to run, or on their tree / rock as they try to LOS, if they are too slow to LOS they die or burn resources trying LOS, that slow is terrible LOL, use it.

anyway, be annoying, heal, body block ranged damage on friendlies, hit targets with drain to stun (stun'd targets temporarily deal 0 damage) but don't be the dummy standing their that everyone ignores while they slaughter everyone around them, be of some use.

-Fortified brass: with so much resistances this might seem dumb, as with a bloodspawn proc your looking at 50k+ resistances race depending, however pen is huge and pvp, and being able to negate 15-20k penetration keeps your armor relevant against glass cannon or high pen opponents.

-Transmutation: as suggested, this can replace impreg as a crit resist option that can also be easily applied to local players as well as help with magicka sustain or allow you to swap out sustain elsewhere.

-troll king: don't underestimate the amount of local healing throwing this around with regen and other heals can achieve, it may not be as flashy as earthgore, but 100% uptime on low health targets is a colossal amount of healing to nearby allies, as you cannot kill targets yourself, you need to keep them alive, or at least try.

-earthgore: yeah you can be that guy, getting nerfed in the patch though to be a single target heal but a better ground cleanse, no more mass group healing.

troll tanking alternate: this removes group utility to just stand there and hold block. dump CP into cost reduction and trait for sturdy rather then impen. the best classes for this are DK and templar. you essentially hold block until your almost out of stamina, pop your sword and board ult when your ult and use that window to get back stamina through heavy attacks and other means

templar can still maintain a bit of group utility as a result of healing itself and just proxy healing people around them, also the stamina restore morph of rune focus restores stamina through blocking, and DK is obvious because the ult will get back some resources and you can dump magicka for stamina, they also have a bit better passive block damage reduction due to passives.

also recommend dumping vamp for the troll tank, invig drain is nice on the troll support but conflicts with the idea of holding block, also the health regen cut would be better removed to get more benefit from a larger health regen, you could drop to stage nothing, but why bother.

that's basic troll tanking if you want to just hold block, I don't condone or recommend it. there are other options but, I really don't support that type of build, it contributes so little.

Edited by Wing on May 15, 2019 6:37AM
ESO player since beta.
full time subscriber.
PC NA
( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
DK one trick
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Troll builds..... brought to you by urs truely.... Crutch Points
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noctus wrote: »

agreed, cannot wait for CP to go away.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gross
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You’re calling it a troll tank, but it’s not that much different from a normal pvp healer build, maybe a little more tanky. Change some glyphs, couple traits and it’s a normal pvp healer spec.

Swop out impregnable for Transmutation. You’ll have more sustain plus the 5 piece gives crit resists so you aren’t losing much. Then powered on your resto.
    Edited by Iskiab on May 11, 2019 10:54AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks I hate it
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »

Rework is not the same as removal.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    You’re calling it a troll tank, but it’s not that much different from a normal pvp healer build, maybe a little more tanky. Change some glyphs, couple traits and it’s a normal pvp healer spec.

Swop out impregnable for Transmutation. You’ll have more sustain plus the 5 piece gives crit resists so you aren’t losing much. Then powered on your resto.

mmm troll support, and I would call it kind of a half way point between troll tank and pvp healer.

I do like the idea of trading trans for impreg, I would want to keep it at 7 heavy for the overall synergy between heavy armor and alessian. but jewelry and weapons cover that. I would however not want powered on resto, and would keep defending.

but yeah I like the embellishments, obviously there are a lot you could make, but I found this works for me ^_^
    Grimlok_S wrote: »
    Thanks I hate it

everyone does XD
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

DK one trick
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »
    Thanks I hate it

That’s the biggest complement you can give a pvp spec.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    horrible grammar (grammar, not english). But to my concern:

a set that has health recovery as 5th bonus, and a vampire? There are so many other defensive sets that do not use heath recovery. Why waste this set if you are a vampire? You know that vampire has 75% health recovery reduced, right?

also, what use do you have? body block? everyone moves in pvp, and pets are better body blockers. What else can you do? Basically you are a healer but defensive.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    horrible grammar (grammar, not english). But to my concern:

a set that has health recovery as 5th bonus, and a vampire? There are so many other defensive sets that do not use heath recovery. Why waste this set if you are a vampire? You know that vampire has 75% health recovery reduced, right?

also, what use do you have? body block? everyone moves in pvp, and pets are better body blockers. What else can you do? Basically you are a healer but defensive.

that effect is mitigated by passives, down to around ~25% at stage 4.(however it ends up still being 30%-40% because of % buffs, etc.) but still having that kind of health recovery on vamp (it being one of their "weaknesses" is great, and still get full use of mist form and drain.

if you are near / at the front, you get targeted, period, people often simply hit what's close or what seems like an easy target, not really thinking things through (see troll tanks not getting ignored)

and yes, defensive healer, you don't die, and as long as your around, those around you don't die. it has a large influence on a fight (too large if im being honest) to eat enemy damage, generate massive ult, and heal damage on those around you.

btw updated with mundus stones (as I forgot them) a few shoutout sets, and a basic troll *tank* guide

Edited by Wing on May 15, 2019 7:32AM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

DK one trick
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »

Thirded. This kind of build is exactly why I quit Vivec months ago. The killing in Sotha and BGs is much sweeter.