Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How to change class in game?

POMEH
POMEH
✭✭✭
New class Necromance is coming and I would like to play with it. I have a question. I have one character - warden and I play warden for 1,5 years. I have many skill points on it. If I will create new class - it will have not enough skill points for comfort playing. I dont want do all quests which I did with my warden. How can I change class - transform my warden to another class with saving all skill points?
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You cant change class and it's not something zos are considering doing as this has been asked for countless times , sorry but you will just have to level it up
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As WW said, it is not possible. Just a few months ago Zos stated they are not interested in bringing it to the game.

Edit: and sorry to bear bad news.
    Edited by idk on May 4, 2019 7:18AM
  • POMEH
    POMEH
    ✭✭✭
    You cant change class and it's not something zos are considering doing as this has been asked for countless times , sorry but you will just have to level it up

Sure I can lvl it up till 50 lvl, but problem willl be that - not enough skill points. Where to get about 100 skill points for few days? One thing that I have in my mind is skyshards.

I cant understand why ZOS dont wanna give possibility to continue play with new class since that point I ended my main class. Just change class and continue to do other quests without doing old quests, without investigation that territory of Tamriel that I investigates with my main character. I want to continue with new class and dont want to start new game.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    POMEH wrote: »

Sure I can lvl it up till 50 lvl, but problem willl be that - not enough skill points. Where to get about 100 skill points for few days? One thing that I have in my mind is skyshards.

I cant understand why ZOS dont wanna give possibility to continue play with new class since that point I ended my main class. Just change class and continue to do other quests without doing old quests, without investigation that territory of Tamriel that I investigates with my main character. I want to continue with new class and dont want to start new game.

Skyshards.
    Public Dungeon group bosses and group dungeons each give a skill point the first time you beat them.
    Go into PVP and get the first few ranks quickly, as those grant skill points.

Or hey, you can now buy skyshards if you've gotten all in a zone on your other character, if you really want to pay to get fast skill points.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Skyshards.
    Public Dungeon group bosses and group dungeons each give a skill point the first time you beat them.
    Go into PVP and get the first few ranks quickly, as those grant skill points.

Or hey, you can now buy skyshards if you've gotten all in a zone on your other character, if you really want to pay to get fast skill points.

Where can one buy Skyshards? I've not heard of this before!
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where can one buy Skyshards? I've not heard of this before!

When Elsweyr comes out you can do this.

PS4 EU - StamDK
  • BloodyLady
    BloodyLady
    ✭✭
    Hmmm i want to know that too were can we buy skyshards in the shop ?
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You cant at the moment. But unless ZoS withdraw you will be able to buy it in crownstore when Elsewyr drops. But only if you have skyshard achievement unlocked on another char.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don’t use up the sky shards. When you say start a new class all the skyshards are there to acquire again.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Am I correct that you can only buy those that you have unlocked as in if you cleared a zone
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I correct that you can only buy those that you have unlocked as in if you cleared a zone

Yes. It is achievement based. So if at least one character has, for example, "Glenumbra Skyshard Hunter" achievement, any other character will be able to unlock that achievement for crowns and receive the 16 Glenumbra skyshards. No one knows how much it will cost in crowns, though. I guess we will find out when Elsweyr goes live.
  • Haojin
    Haojin
    ✭✭✭
    POMEH wrote: »

fastest way to farm skill points:

1-get mappins and uspf (ulrich skill point finder) addon
    2-press "m" go "filters" make "bosses" avaliable
    3-go to public dungeons and kill only "group event" ones
    4-do first 3-4 step of main quest ( easy and gives 1 skill point)
    5-do some bgs for pvp level (every level 1 skill point)
    6-que for non dlc dungeons for dungeon quests. (every dungeon, 1 skill point)
    7-get some easy skyshards ( non delve - or dungeon )

note1: if you have trouble with wayshrines, just port to random people (it's better if you are in a trade guild, more people, more location)
    note2: try to get as much as movement speed " steed mundus, swift on jew, fiord, jailbreaker ect"
    Edited by Haojin on May 8, 2019 11:03AM
    Guildmaster of Phalanx

PC-EU Vivec/Sotha Sil
    Hao Jin [Stamden]
    Haojun [Stamdk]
    Haojin [Stamsorc]
    Hao'jin [Stamplar]
    Food Fetish [Stamblade]

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    You don’t use up the sky shards. When you say start a new class all the skyshards are there to acquire again.

Same with skill points from quests.

So you can get skill points for your new character exactly the same way you got them for your warden. If you want some variety I recommend choosing a different alliance (or choose the same alliance so you can fight for them in Cyrodiil and then just go to a different alliance's starting island and play from there).

Or start in Elsweyr since ZOS have decided that's a totally logical choice and doesn't mess up the story at all. :/
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda stinks. I'm locked down to playing a single main character because I don't have the time or cash to invest in catching up a new character.

It is what it is. Dk4life.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zacuel wrote: »
    Kinda stinks. I'm locked down to playing a single main character because I don't have the time or cash to invest in catching up a new character.

It is what it is. Dk4life.

Sorry but with all the experience scrolls and exp events I find it hard when some one says they dont have the time, it doesn't take that long these days to level up a nee characters.