The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Elinhir Private Arena House - Lights are being turned off on their own!

Universe
Universe
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hello,
I noticed that light sources which have toggle option ON/OFF, like Skyshards, torches, candles etc. are being turned off on their own(automatically) once entering the home and after some time being in it.
It happened many times.
My home is currently at 600+ furnishings.
Server: PC EU.
*Not all lights are being turned off, only some of them(randomly).
It is a great house, but bugs like the above are not fun.
Light sources are important and I'm not going to give them up.

Update: Here is a recent screenshot for proof, a friend of mine was also present. There is no fire. This is one example, there are multiple lighting sources affected by this bug(screenshot from yesterday 1 April 2020):
v7D59IX.jpg

Please fix it :)
Edited by Universe on April 11, 2020 12:28AM
Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
Started playing ESO in beta & early access
User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One more important note: When approaching the light source which is not emitting light, the option " Turn Down"/Extinguish is visible.
    I have to click "Turn Down"/Extinguish and then "Turn Up"/Light for the light to truly become active(visibly).

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_SarahHecker This is a new home you released recently and a major bug like the above really makes it unappealing, it will be appreciated if you will fix it soon :)
    Edited by Universe on May 2, 2019 12:39PM
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Happens to me in normal houses too, related (i assume) by number of particles/fx/etc visible
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Depends, it's rare that real estate laws make you disclose that the property is haunted.

The spirits of the dead are fickle with new owners, and this pretty much is a "murder house".

I'm still waiting for a ladder/rigging to get to the crow's nest on my grotto boat.

Lights should work though, that's pretty basic.
    Edited by NordSwordnBoard on May 2, 2019 12:52PM
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Sarting
    Sarting
    ✭✭
    q85d8qdq2j1c.jpg
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sarting wrote: »
    q85d8qdq2j1c.jpg

I thought of calling them for some assistance with the ghosts! ;):D

Note: This happens with all types of toggle ON/OFF light sources.
    Edited by Universe on May 4, 2019 9:40AM
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah, you got ghosts.

giphy.gif
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • Deathwing03
    Deathwing03
    Soul Shriven
    I can confirm this bug still exists:

Server: PC EU.
    Number of players in instance: 1

Some of the switchable lights get a "turned off look" all by themselves. I noticed that these lights are maybe the furthest away from where the player enters the house. I went all to the back (the inside of the villa, down the stairs, where there is some water) and noticed several of my daedric braziers looked extinguished. When getting close to them i saw they mare marked as still active, as the option to turn them down was there.

I extinguished them and put them back on again: the bug dissapeared. BUT when i got back to the exterior of the villa, near the psijic teleportation pool, i noticed that several of my skyshards looked extinguished! Same bug, i switched them back on.
    This suspiciously looks like a limit on active switchable lights...

Also, from the moment i started using a great number of switchable active lights in the villa, i noticed some visual bugs where the "flames" of the braziers are not visible anymore. At least they looked like theys still emited some light around them.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Almost a year later and it's still bugged...
    More recent information: I checked it with a friend and while he could see the light and toggle it off I couldn't see the light and vice versa.
    This bug is very odd and completely random.

Please fix it.

I'm willing to help your developers team... Just send me a whisper ingame from your dev account and I will show you!
    Edited by Universe on April 1, 2020 5:48PM
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here is a screenshot, a friend of mine was also present. There is no fire. This is one example, there are multiple lighting sources affected by this bug:
    v7D59IX.jpg

I also added it to the OP post...
    Please fix it @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_SarahHecker ...

Edited by Universe on April 11, 2020 12:29AM
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It will be appreciated if this bug will be fixed when Greymoor will be released(if you can't fix it sooner).
    I created this bug discussion on May 2, 2019...
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This bug isn't fixed...
    Should I wait until the next millennium for it to be fixed ? :D
    Edited by Universe on April 10, 2020 6:04PM
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can you please fix it @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ?
    If I didn't explain what is the bug well enough, I will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding this bug.
    Edited by Universe on April 13, 2020 4:57PM
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This my home also. I remember blaming one of my friends i suspected of turning all my lights off as a prank shortly after this home was released. He always denied it now I believe him 🤣🤣🤣 Or the prank went even deeper and he's secretly a Zos employee that implemented this bug!

The day it happened I turned off the option for other people to interact with my lights and it hasnt happened at all since then. They can still use everything else but now I don't need to run around to turn dozens of lights back on.
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xWarbrain wrote: »
    This my home also. I remember blaming one of my friends i suspected of turning all my lights off as a prank shortly after this home was released. He always denied it now I believe him 🤣🤣🤣 Or the prank went even deeper and he's secretly a Zos employee that implemented this bug!

The day it happened I turned off the option for other people to interact with my lights and it hasnt happened at all since then. They can still use everything else but now I don't need to run around to turn dozens of lights back on.

As much as this bug can be funny it is still a bug and it shouldn't happen.
    I didn't create this discussion for joking around, I expected ZOS to fix it but almost a year later and it's still bugged...
    So no...It isn't my friends turning off the lights.

As I explained earlier, the light sources(torches, skyshards etc.) are toggled ON when moving the cursor to them but there is no visual light. Only when turning the light source OFF and then ON the light is visible.
    I can understand why it isn't at the top of the list of priorities given there are worse bugs around, but for the bug to still be around almost a year after my first report isn't acceptable.
    Edited by Universe on April 15, 2020 12:38PM
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey there @Universe we wanted to let you know that we have seen your thread and we are investigating this. Could you tell us approximately how many lights you have in your home?
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey there @Universe we wanted to let you know that we have seen your thread and we are investigating this. Could you tell us approximately how many lights you have in your home?

Thank you for your response :)
    I have 174 furnishings under "Lighting".
    Also, I have about 30-40 other furnishings which are emitting light, some are interactable(such as: "Volendrung Replica", "Sithis, The Dread Father"), some are not interactable(such as: radiant apex mounts-yes their light goes out too randomly, though it is more common with "Night Frost Atronach Steed" mount).

So about 200-210 light sources, more or less.

I enjoy good lighting in housing.
    Though this issue is specific to this house as far as I can tell.
    The Dev team can read the statistics of my house in the logs to get more accurate measure of it for debugging, I probably only give very general information.
    I can also give a tour to one or more of your Dev team so you could see or the Dev team can simply visit to check(if that is really necessary given you probably have very accurate logs).

I noticed that some lights go out more than others.
    Examples: Skyshards, Braziers, special statues with lighting.
    Though this information should be taken with a grain of salt given that I don't have accurate statistics but only a thought of something goes out more.
    Edited by Universe on April 16, 2020 8:30PM
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Thanks for providing this information @Universe we have gone ahead and passed this along to the appropriate team.
    Staff Post
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for providing this information @Universe we have gone ahead and passed this along to the appropriate team.

Thank you :)
    Hopefully it will be fixed soon and I will enjoy my arena when it is full of visible lights B)
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hello @Universe if you try turning your Maximum Particle setting up in your Settings, does this make a difference?
    Staff Post
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hello @Universe if you try turning your Maximum Particle setting up in your Settings, does this make a difference?

At first I had the "Maximum Particle Systems" setting set to: 1,024(my preferred setting since I find it less performance intensive).
    I now changed its value to 2,048.
    I re-logged and then noticed there is a difference and fewer lights went off.
    Though there are lights that are still being turned off(visually only) randomly, examples: "Night Frost Atronach Steed" mount does turn off from time to time, braziers too(but to a lesser degree).

Also, I re-entered the house and I had the same results.

So increasing the value of this setting does help but not completely.

Maybe the built in lights restriction or game engine you have for the particle systems needs to change for lower setting(such as 1,024) and even be improved for the 2,048.

Other settings I use:
    "Ambient Occlusion": SSAO
    View Distance: 50
    Particle Suppression Distance: 50
    Bloom: ON
    Depth of Field: ON
    Distortion: ON
    Sunlight Rays: ON
    Grass: OFF
    Show Additional Ally Effects: OFF
    Shadow Quality: OFF
    Water Reflection Quality: OFF
    Texture Quality: High
    SubSampling Quality: High
    Anti-Aliasing: FXAA
    Use Custom Scale(Interface): ON
    Resolution: 3840x2160
    Vertical Sync: ON
    Display Mode: Windowed(Fullscreen)

You can let me know if you need additional information for debugging.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Overall the issue seems to be resolved after increasing the "Maximum Particle Systems" to 2,048.
    There are still some minor issues as I previously described, but it is much more rare.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Adrikoth Update: The bug is now occurring again.
    The lights are being turned off as I described in the OP post.
    Please fix it.
    Edited by Universe on May 7, 2020 4:47PM
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any update ?
    This issue isn't fixed.