Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

stuck character

huskeywalker
I have a lve 39 character in Vardenfel, I was following a quest to Gnisis, I was sent to the dock to witness a ceremony and a dragon like creature turned up and in fighting it I backed up into the boxes on the dock. after killing it I found that I was stuck and cannot move in any direction. I cannot move camera view . I can look down on character and then screen flickers and I have to log in again. It looks like when I look down on character is that I am standing on my Bear, even though I have dismissed it. can anyone please advice me as to how to get moving from this situation.
  • Dosuul
    Dosuul
    ✭✭✭
    Did you try the /stuck command or tried to teleport to a wayshrine?
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a lve 39 character in Vardenfel, I was following a quest to Gnisis, I was sent to the dock to witness a ceremony and a dragon like creature turned up and in fighting it I backed up into the boxes on the dock. after killing it I found that I was stuck and cannot move in any direction. I cannot move camera view . I can look down on character and then screen flickers and I have to log in again. It looks like when I look down on character is that I am standing on my Bear, even though I have dismissed it. can anyone please advice me as to how to get moving from this situation.

You may need to clarify a little, you mentioned that "you need to log in again"... can we assume that logging in again has not solved the issue, you are still stuck?

If you are stuck then you need to either use the unstuck command (look up how to do it) or simply bring up your map and fast travel to a wayshrine.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another place to transport to is any player home (yours or a friend's), and that option doesn't cost you, other than in time getting back to where you wanted to be.

That's a good reason for at least getting an empty Inn room, even if housing has no other interest for you.
    Edited by ghastley on May 1, 2019 3:59PM
  • huskeywalker
    Thanks gents, being new to ESO I did not realise how to do this, /stuck did not work but using a wayshrine did. Many thanks.
  • ThanatosXR
    ThanatosXR
    ✭✭✭
    Surprised /stuck usually is a mmo standard