The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How to obtain 50k on dps test without cheese?

HypnoticMarmot
HypnoticMarmot
✭✭✭
I'm currently a magnb on console hitting about 40k with BSW and mothers sorrow and Iceheart I hear people brag all the time about hitting 50k or more with the same setup which I think is BS. Any advice?

Im mainly doing this because I've done all the vet dungeons and craglorn trials and I want to work on getting my vmol vhof and VCR completes.

Best Answers

• ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You could probably gain 3~4k dps just by swapping Iceheart with Zaan and BSW with Siroria, unless you consider those sets "cheese".
    Answer ✓
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They’re not really bragging (I know several people that hit 50+). I’m right close to where your at. I hit about 35k with pretty much everything I would take to trials.

In my opinion

Siroria is poo for any fight where you’re gonna have to move around. ( I’m sure some great players may disagree) it’s not really gonna blow BSW out of the water (if you have the BSW Inferno).

Zaans is a dummy nuker for sure. Sometimes it’s good. Sometimes you’d be better with Iceheart or Skoria, Illambris, even Grothdar.

Spell strat is poo the second there’s more than one thing to focus.

For a Progression group 30~35k is what could/should be expected. Your 40k should be good.

But here on PS4....how can you prove that you know how to play really? By nuking a dummy? Rocking the Flawless Conqueror title? Dungeon skins and personality?

You gotta be in a guild. Play with people. Start the prog. And get the same people to show up, so progress can be made.

Everything you want to get into is a prog. It’s tuff to keep getting the same people (even subs) to keep coming back.

So you still want some cheese?

Buy a house. An empty house. Nothing in it but the dummy and you. And watch your numbers get better. I learned that from an elitist ding dong.

Have a friend ele drain for you.

Everyone always starts with an Ult, and some seconds left with potion on Cooldown. Use the 6Mil not the 3Mil ( that’s usually enough to impress) actually, I’ve gotten better numbers from the 6, I think due to the longer execute phase.

send raid leader a pic of screen full of Maelstrom Inferno staves. Send raid leader stack of Spell power pots maybe.....
    Answer ✓
  • MooseKnuckles88
    MooseKnuckles88
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eatmyface wrote: »
    As others have said, just practice. I'm on console and have terrible latency, due to living in the oceanic region.

I do it while waiting for trial groups to form, while waiting for daily queue's to pop, etc.

I'm on console and have hit over 50k on magblade wearing julianos, mother's sorrow and skoria (my vma build).

>55k with MS + MA + Zaan.

I agree. Practice is the single most best dps boost in the game. Also, different gear pulls better dps than others in various content.

Also, I've noticed I get better dps numbers when I avoid parsing during 'primetime hours' too, which likely is related to the latency lag.
    Answer ✓
  • HypnoticMarmot
    HypnoticMarmot
    ✭✭✭
    Zaan isnt too bad but the trials guild I run with marked siroria and spell strat cheese only while dps testing they allow a handful of mag toons to use them in trials but they dont want everyone running it. I was considering war machine but no one on console farms nhof like that.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree with the guy above, but I'd guess your dps gain would be even higher. It's hard to say though without knowing your CP and rotation
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • HypnoticMarmot
    HypnoticMarmot
    ✭✭✭
    I'm maxed I've been playing for four years and my rotation is dynamic I keep my twisting, wall, and crippling up and maintain my merciless really well and my spammable is ele weapon
  • HypnoticMarmot
    HypnoticMarmot
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe I'm too obsessed with the numbers only because that's how trial guilds on ps4 seem to work other than that I've done pretty much everything and have most dungeon and trial achievements except the ones listed above.
    Edited by HypnoticMarmot on May 1, 2019 12:53AM
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dps tests are all done with Siroria, Zaan and Mother’s Sorrow? You won’t run that in trials but neither will the boss have 6m health or stand still. I’ve heard console guilds have weird requirements though.

There are still loads of ways to “cheese” the dummy in acceptable ways. Cast inner light before the fight, use a pot around 20 seconds before the fight, drop your Destro ultimate at the start, use soul harvest after that aiming to use it right before your bow shot. Obv use ele drain if nobody is providing it.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The definitions of "cheese" in this thread are pretty interesting. Siroria, Mother's Sorrow, Zaan, Spell Strategist are not cheese and you can and should absolutely run those sets in trials. If you can't survive without Iceheart or get good uptimes on Siroria or Spell Strategist that is mostly on you, or sometimes on your group, but that does not mean that those sets are cheese or not usable in trials. Good Magblades currently do 55-60k DPS on a dummy in trial gear, so 50k in your setup is absolutely possible, it just comes down to figuring out your problems and working on them.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe someone of your fellow gamers claiming to do 50k dps in the same setup could watch you doing a parse, having a look at your light attack weaving, rotation, etc.?

Probably it's light attack weaving, but I guess it's not easy to find out on console, on PC I can just open up combat metrics and look at my light attacks per second and uptimes of buffs depending on la's. If it's really important you and you are willing and able to do so, you might consider getting a PC account, going to the PTS (where you can create a new character at max level and re-build your character from console) and do some testing with add-ons.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »
    Dps tests are all done with Siroria, Zaan and Mother’s Sorrow? You won’t run that in trials but neither will the boss have 6m health or stand still. I’ve heard console guilds have weird requirements though.

There are still loads of ways to “cheese” the dummy in acceptable ways. Cast inner light before the fight, use a pot around 20 seconds before the fight, drop your Destro ultimate at the start, use soul harvest after that aiming to use it right before your bow shot. Obv use ele drain if nobody is providing it.

You are wrong at every point you have just made.
    I've seen many people running Siroria, Zaan and Mother's Sorrow on trials and getting awesome results - better than others.
    And why would you call all that stuff cheese if you can do it during a trial? When I play my magblade or magden I allways drop destro ult at boss as an opener. You can easily charge it on mobs. Putting soul harvest in rotation so that bow proc would allways get increased damage is also a standard. And I would personally start a vote to kick a "healer" who doesn't use elemental drain (unless the other one is using it obviously).
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I've seen many people running Siroria, Zaan and Mother's Sorrow on trials and getting awesome results - better than others.
    And why would you call all that stuff cheese if you can do it during a trial? When I play my magblade or magden I allways drop destro ult at boss as an opener. You can easily charge it on mobs. Putting soul harvest in rotation so that bow proc would allways get increased damage is also a standard. And I would personally start a vote to kick a "healer" who doesn't use elemental drain (unless the other one is using it obviously).

Well he wants to do vmol, vhof and vcr. I personally wouldn't recommend that setup in most fights in those trials, especially not if you're only progressing through them for the first time. It will be a dps loss for him until the mechanics are second nature.

Destro ults at the start of a boss fight is something you do in a trial, but in a short 3-6m dummy fight it really looks good since it gets you to execute quicker. On a longer fight in real content the dps gain from starting with an ult isn't quite as much.

And I didn't say ele drain is cheese.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Practice your rotation every day on a dummy for 30 mins to an hour.

It's like asking the question How does Steph Curry make all those 3 pointers from 30 feet? Because he practices every day.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well he wants to do vmol, vhof and vcr. I personally wouldn't recommend that setup in most fights in those trials, especially not if you're only progressing through them for the first time. It will be a dps loss for him until the mechanics are second nature.

Destro ults at the start of a boss fight is something you do in a trial, but in a short 3-6m dummy fight it really looks good since it gets you to execute quicker. On a longer fight in real content the dps gain from starting with an ult isn't quite as much.

Just sayin': the 6mil dummy fight length is about the same as most boss fights.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • HypnoticMarmot
    HypnoticMarmot
    ✭✭✭

I know the mechanics of the trials and my rotation is fine I weave light attacks well being that my spammable is ele weapon. And I keep merci up the whole time
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good connection to the server .
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @HypnoticMarmot
    Have you considered the Scathing mage set, sure it only lasts 6 seconds and it has a 20% chance to proc, but the amount of Spell damage from it exceeds that of Spell strategist.
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • reprosal
    reprosal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alpha-Lupi wrote: »
    @HypnoticMarmot
    Have you considered the Scathing mage set, sure it only lasts 6 seconds and it has a 20% chance to proc, but the amount of Spell damage from it exceeds that of Spell strategist.

And from a mathematical standpoint is worse than BSW/SS
  • Eatmyface
    Eatmyface
    ✭✭✭
    As others have said, just practice. I'm on console and have terrible latency, due to living in the oceanic region.

I do it while waiting for trial groups to form, while waiting for daily queue's to pop, etc.

I'm on console and have hit over 50k on magblade wearing julianos, mother's sorrow and skoria (my vma build).

>55k with MS + MA + Zaan.
  • ThanatosXR
    ThanatosXR
    ✭✭✭
    Warewolf with stacked stamina
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    You could probably gain 3~4k dps just by swapping Iceheart with Zaan and BSW with Siroria, unless you consider those sets "cheese".

Cheese, just like relequen. It's basically a carry for lots of player.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If spell strat, siroria, and Zaan are cheese, will then I am cheesy AF. People calling that cheese are frankly misinformed. These are meta sets for a reason.

“Spell strat is trash when you have more than one enemy”. Nonsense. In virtually every encounter in this game, there Is a single high priority threat that always needs eliminated. Yes, BSW might be better in a pure trash fight, but boss fights are what matters when score pushing.

“Siroria sucks on any fight that requires you to be mobile”. More nonsense. Even on VAS and VCR it’s still BIS. You should never be running around in any fight like a chicken with your head cut off. DPS, move if you have to follow a mechanic, DPS, repeat. Virtually every fight allows you to stack and burn a majority of it.

“Zaan sucks because you can’t always be in melee”. This one probably has the most merit, but still, every ranged class uses blockade. Unless you are kiting meteors or need to be extended range for some reason, Zaan is still BIS on most fights.

Equip that and your DPS will increase. Hard to say how much as breaking into 50k on a 6 mil dummy requires a very well performed dynamic rotation.

ccmedaddy wrote: »

Cheese, just like relequen. It's basically a carry for lots of player.

More Nonsense. BIS is BIS.