The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Museum House (Unlock achievement) Community & ZoS hear me out

Inhuman003
Inhuman003
✭✭✭✭✭
It would be nice to have a Museum House for a display of your artwork and achievements. Like when you finish a Zone, Dungeon, Trial, World Bosses, or soon you unlock a part of the Museum of your achievement. The Museum is something that helps make you feel confident about gameplay to your highest golds of achievement to do the best that you can do. When you see an item unlock in the Museum House you know what your achievement was.

On a personal note, I hope this does happen for Homestead this is a part of something big bigger than me bigger than Homestead this is you the Community & ZoS.
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are actually sort of exploring this concept with the new "Hall of the Lunar Champion" home that's releasing with Elsweyr.

The House will unlock more wings & grow as you complete achievements in Elsweyr & continue to grow all year througout the "Year of the Dragon" as you complete the content that is released this year.

It'll be interesting to see how it turns out. If it's received well, maybe they will implement a version like your post suggests pertaining to the pre-existing dungeons/zones in the game right now.

Edited by Vehlir on May 1, 2019 3:27PM
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vehlir wrote: »
    They are actually sort of exploring this concept with the new "Hall of the Lunar Champion" home that's releasing with Elsweyr.

The House will unlock more wings & grow as you complete achievements in Elsweyr & continue to grow all year througout the "Year of the Dragon" as you complete the content that is released this year.

It'll be interesting to see how it turns out. If it's received well, maybe they will implement a version like your post suggests pertaining to the pre-existing dungeons/zones in the game right now.

yes, it would be nice because Path of Exile (co-op) & Secret World Legends (MMORPG) has this System in their game for achievement and it pretty awesome.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Would be nice for larger houses.

The Artaeum villa would be ideal to make into a museum.

All I think, when I see it, is "cathedral", but it would also make a pretty good museum.

Of course, you would need some pretty big exhibits to properly fill it...
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vehlir wrote: »

The thing is, though, that I don't want houses like that, instead of normal homes.

Or, in some cases, hotels, restaurants, bars, shops, or whatever.

If they want to give us some kind of progress-related, museum type house, as well as providing us with normal, functional, well laid-out, large (but not enormous) houses, then I won't complain.

If, on the other hand, housing is being turned into a wow-style, grindy, barn-like, un-homely, cold, exhibit-heavy type of thing, I will not be at all happy.

I want the option of functionality and more depth to housing, but I still (predominantly) want a house that looks, feels and functions like a house and that I can decorate the way I want to.

There is a fine line between making houses interesting and functional and making them into something that no longer feels like housing and just feels like another facet, or representation, of the grind.
    Edited by Tigerseye on May 5, 2019 7:10AM
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    interesting fact on the lunar hall. thanks for the info, though I dont think it adresses the issue here.
    It would be really nice to be able to display achievements aswell!!
    PC-EU @lientier
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I somehow lost the ability to edit my own posts.. I meant memento's specifically
    PC-EU @lientier