The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Magmancer Leveling Build to 50 (PvE)

drakeos99
drakeos99
✭✭✭
So what skills for make leveling easier for Necromancer as Magika build for it to get to 50 and ready for trials/end game stuff
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too soon my friend
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    drakeos99 wrote: »
    So what skills for make leveling easier for Necromancer as Magika build for it to get to 50 and ready for trials/end game stuff

Sounds like a recipe for disaster ...

Power leveling through to 50 isn’t going to get players ready for Trials or end game.

Players won’t have any practice or time put into those skills ... in the mindless dolmen running or whatever XP farm they have planned.

Unless you’re already playing Necromancer on PTS and getting more accustomed to the skills ... power leveling will leave you behind most other players on the learning curve.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All you need is a bow or staff to light attack one enemy at the dolmen. Is there anything else to levelling?
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »
    All you need is a bow or staff to light attack one enemy at the dolmen. Is there anything else to levelling?

Yes, a staff and a dolmen train are a good way to get both experience and destructible objects for leveling up a crafter. However, I think I'll take a different approach with my magcro. Because of the propensity for accidentally obtaining a bounty, I think I'll start with just destro skills and focus on getting the Thieves Guild bonuses as early as possible, then switch to developing the necro skills.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Power leveling through to 50 isn’t going to get players ready for Trials or end game.
    True, but they can practice their skills and get their characters ready for trials/end game after hitting level 50. It's not like there's a time limit on how long you can take to perfect your skills.
    But, I understand that the worry is that they'll attempt to rush into doing some difficult end-game content without being ready for it. Let's just hope that people don't do that. :)
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    use only the skills you need to kill stuff while leveling. One or two skills is enough.

I level each skill to the morph point even if it is a skill I will rarely use and since there is a lot to learn about the Necro it is best to level up each skill. When you get enough skill points to start morphing more skills without issue morph what seems to be useful damage wise or buff wise and get those skills leveling up.

I will have at least one skill from each skill line to level up the lines.

There are some players that have posted builds but take any of those with a grain of salt because Zos has made major changes between PTS and live so none of those builds are solid trial builds ATM.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The first of any class I never power level I take my time learning the class so you have a better understanding of its pros and cons