The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Where is everyone farming Dreugh Wax?

kieranmmmb16_ESO
kieranmmmb16_ESO
Soul Shriven
I've been trying to find places where groups would be farming mobs for scraps, but everywhere I go is dead and is inefficient to be killing them all myself. Where are the majority of people farming for their wax now?
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I farm mine doing daily writs... always have plenty.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
    xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
    ✭✭✭
    Nice try FBI
    New to forums and stuff so I 99.9 percent probably won't see your response and such, so use the at symbol at me I guess? IDK :/. This BBCode stuff is really cool!! :D.
    Gamer from Alaska (907 Gamers, Alaskan Gamers Unite!).
    My little rant I guess?:
      One day Nightblades will get the buffs we desperately need and deserve, but so far, those buffs are not today.. The Elder Scrolls Online: Nightblade Nerfs Unlimited.
      Don't nerf you, don't nerf me, nerf the sorc behind the tree!.

If you need help or advice, hit me up on Xbox: H4rry Poggers :D .
      Also open to talking on Discord!

Ich kann Deutsch Sprechen bei der mittleren/zwischen Kenntnissen Ebene. Hallo! :D.

CP level 1000+! Playing since 2015.

My wishlist I suppose:
      • PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEAAASSSEEE EITHER BUFF SIPHONING STRIKES OR REVERT IT BACK TO PRE MORROWIND!!.
      • Bring back purge cloak. But I guess the new heal cloak is more beneficial. Hmmm....
      • MAKE IMPERIAL CITY GREAT AGAIN, BRING BACK THOSE INCREDIBLE DAYS. My best experiences in ESO where in there!
      • Return Stam builds to the power we held in One Tamriel. Long Live Stamina builds!
      • Put Magplar and MagDK into their place. Magpsorc is a hopeless case.
      • Is there any chance that we could get an Ebonheart Pact nerf? #CullingTheHerds .

My 10 characters:
      • AD - xak-Morrowindx - Khajiit Stamina Nightblade. Hours: 107 days, 19 hours (2,568 hours).
      • EP - Ich bin Groot - Orc Stamina Dragonknight. Hours: 2 days, 16 hours (64 hours).
      • DC - Who Took My Bleach - Orc Stamina Sorcerer. Hours: 3 days, 18 hours. (90 hours).
      • EP - Niada Zaennon - High Elf Magicka Nightblade. Hours: 15 days, 18 hours (378 hours).
      • AD - Healsyournoobazzwithmemes - Argonian Magicka Templar. Hours: 1 day, 9 hours (33 hours)
      • DC - Engulfing Traps - Dark Elf Magicka Dragonknight. Hours: 7 days, 17 hours (129 hours).
      • AD - Verführung - High Elf Magicka Sorcerer. Hours: 5 days, 9 hours (129 hours)
      • DC - Deadazz catch these birds - Nord Stamina Warden. Hours: 6 days, 21 hours (165 hours)
      • EP - So Bendy - Wood Elf Stamina Templar. Hours: 1 day, 15 hours (39 hours)
      • EP - Smash that mf Like button - Breton Magicka Warden. Hours: 20 hours, 20 minutes.

Aldmeri Dominion Master-Faction!
    • Skwor
      Skwor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      In my opinion most of the farming is done by bots which have unlimited 24/7 time to farm.

Wish it were otherwise but bots are a real plague in ESO
      Edited by Skwor on April 30, 2019 11:33AM
    • Kel
      Kel
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I've been trying to find places where groups would be farming mobs for scraps, but everywhere I go is dead and is inefficient to be killing them all myself. Where are the majority of people farming for their wax now?

Aside from writs and survey's, if you have a build that can solo dungeons, that's the easiest way I've found to do it if you're looking to not compete with others killing mobs.

Blackheart Haven, for example, has a lot of harpies that drop scraps. (Even though you can't solo the last boss. I've seen videos of werewolves being able to, but that was long ago.) You can even get a decent amount in FG1 from all the Dreugh there.
      Just some examples. Find a easy dungeon with lots of beasties, and run it. Also a good way to make gold by vendoring everything else.

Or, theres usually cat farm trains running in The Rift. Just shout out in chat.
      Edited by Kel on April 30, 2019 11:34AM
    • Hämähäkki
      Hämähäkki
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Skwor wrote: »
      In my opinion most of the farming is done by bots which have unlimited 24/7 time to farm.

There are no bots in Eso :trollface:
      TherealHämähäkki
    • Skwor
      Skwor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭

There are no bots in Eso :trollface:

These are not the bots you are looking for lol 😂
    • Gatviper
      Gatviper
      ✭✭✭✭
      Farm mobs for scraps? Too much innecessary effort, run around Wrothgar (Orsinum DLC) and harvest Clothier resource nodes. With a certain skill in Champion points you also have a chance getting double the harvested amount. After 1 day of diligently harvesting you should end up with at least 1k Clothier mats, refining that can result in about 12-25 Dreugh Wax, depending on Random Cruelty Generator.
      It can just quickly get boring if you want to do that day by day, but it's doable.
      Life is a ride, like days in a train, cities rush by, like ghosts in the night.
      The rhythm of wheels, time fades away, stations of a journey, destination unknown.
    • Kel
      Kel
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Gatviper wrote: »
      Farm mobs for scraps? Too much innecessary effort, run around Wrothgar (Orsinum DLC) and harvest Clothier resource nodes. With a certain skill in Champion points you also have a chance getting double the harvested amount. After 1 day of diligently harvesting you should end up with at least 1k Clothier mats, refining that can result in about 12-25 Dreugh Wax, depending on Random Cruelty Generator.
      It can just quickly get boring if you want to do that day by day, but it's doable.

I shall forevermore refer to RNG as this now...makes far more sense....🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    • DocDova
      DocDova
      ✭✭✭

I get like 5 dreugh wax out of thousand clothier material. Though my primary source of raw material is surveys, I currently have 260+ surveys I need to collect, will go and collect as soon as I hit 1000 surveys B)
    • kieranmmmb16_ESO
      kieranmmmb16_ESO
      Soul Shriven
      I get like 5 dreugh wax out of thousand clothier material. Though my primary source of raw material is surveys, I currently have 260+ surveys I need to collect, will go and collect as soon as I hit 1000 surveys B)

Whats a survey? I've just started playing again, I remember writs but not surveys.
      DocDova wrote: »

• di_rty
      di_rty
      ✭✭✭

I recently decided to finally do all of my surveys I had stockpiled, about 10-15 of each type. I ended up with around 1500-2000 of each raw material. I got between 5-8 gold tempers per type... incredibly disappointing. There must have been some modification to the drop rate, because it was not always like this.
    • todokete
      todokete
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Bots farm it
    • DocDova
      DocDova
      ✭✭✭
      When you daily crafting writs, you have a chance of receiving surveys in reward boxes. Surveys are stackable and have only 150 or so variations, so technically you can hold thousands of them.

You can do daily crafting writs on any toon who is at least level 6 and have certificates (take 15-20 minutes). You will also get material used in writ back, get decent gold (4600 per level 50 toon per day with ESO plus), chance of getting surveys, occasional golden material etc.
      Edited by DocDova on April 30, 2019 12:09PM
    • zaria
      zaria
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      When you daily crafting writs, you have a chance of receiving surveys in reward boxes. Surveys are stackable and have only 150 or so variations, so technically you can hold thousands of them.

You can do daily crafting writs on any toon who is at least level 6 and have certificates (take 15-20 minutes). You will also get material used in writ back, get decent gold (4600 per level 50 toon per day with ESO plus), chance of getting surveys, occasional golden material etc.
      This if your are level 50 in the crafting skill you also has an decent chance of getting gold tempers for the crafting writs.
      Grinding just make you go in circles.
      Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    • Travestynox
      Travestynox
      ✭✭✭
      Farm money -> buy dreugh wax.
    • DocDova
      DocDova
      ✭✭✭
      zaria wrote: »

This if your are level 50 in the crafting skill you also has an decent chance of getting gold tempers for the crafting writs.

Chance of getting master writs as well as golden material increases with level of crafting (I.e. metal crafting/ clothier/ woodworking etc 10/10) and how many points you have invested in that skill line (other than hirelings). However chances of getting surveys is not influenced by anything and is equal for every character irrespective of skill level.
    • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
      xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      where to farm ur dreugh wax?...while in stores ofc...
    • Gythral
      Gythral
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Doing daily writs, then the surveys...
      “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
      Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
      Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
    • tmbrinks
      tmbrinks
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Refining materials has a 0.5% chance of dropping a gold improvement mat for all crafts (average of 1 per stack of 200)

Daily writs (at maximum level) have a 30% chance of dropping a gold improvement material for blacksmithing/woodworking/clothing/enchanting. Jewelry is 20% for some reason for a chromium grain.

There has been no change in these drop rates, at least for the past 18 months I've tracked my drops.
      Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
      The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    • Kuramas9tails
      Kuramas9tails
      ✭✭✭✭✭

I once refined 800 ore and got 0 Alloys.
        Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
        New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
        AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
        AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
        FOR THE QUEEN!
        PS4/NA
      • tmbrinks
        tmbrinks
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭

I once refined 800 ore and got 0 Alloys.

Unlucky, but has a 1.6% chance of happening.. so 1/60 times.
      • Dagoth_Rac
        Dagoth_Rac
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭
        tmbrinks wrote: »
        Refining materials has a 0.5% chance of dropping a gold improvement mat for all crafts (average of 1 per stack of 200)

Daily writs (at maximum level) have a 30% chance of dropping a gold improvement material for blacksmithing/woodworking/clothing/enchanting. Jewelry is 20% for some reason for a chromium grain.

There has been no change in these drop rates, at least for the past 18 months I've tracked my drops.

Assuming Kuta has a 30% chance, like other old school materials:

0.3 * 0.3 * 0.3 * 0.3 * 0.2 = 0.00162

1 / 0.00162 = 617.28

So your max level crafter should get a Dreugh Wax and a Tempering Alloy and a Rosin and a Kuta and a Chromium Grain, all on the same day, roughly once every 617 days. :-)
      • Skwor
        Skwor
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭

If you know a few tricks you can push that refine rate over 1%. I am never below .8% and often pull 1.6%.

It is based around time of day and linear averages.
      • tmbrinks
        tmbrinks
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

Assuming Kuta has a 30% chance, like other old school materials:

0.3 * 0.3 * 0.3 * 0.3 * 0.2 = 0.00162

1 / 0.00162 = 617.28

So your max level crafter should get a Dreugh Wax and a Tempering Alloy and a Rosin and a Kuta and a Chromium Grain, all on the same day, roughly once every 617 days. :-)

Or, if like me, you do writs on 30 characters a day at max level, you should expect it to happen once every 20 days :sunglasses: I've caught it a couple of times :tongue:
      • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
        Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭

If you know a few tricks you can push that refine rate over 1%. I am never below .8% and often pull 1.6%.

do you also stand in a semi-trapezoid around the warthog and hold down on the D-pad while drinking a Fresca and singing the French national anthem in Florentine?
      • tmbrinks
        tmbrinks
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd be interested in hearing how this would work... as it would indicate that it's not then a truly random event.

I mean I've pulled 1.6% on random refines... but not to maintain it over large values
      • Skwor
        Skwor
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭

do you also stand in a semi-trapezoid around the warthog and hold down on the D-pad while drinking a Fresca and singing the French national anthem in Florentine?

Given I do about 40000 refines every two weeks and I have seen data involving literally millions of refines that support what I wrote, I am very comfortable with my original statement.
      • aaisoaho
        aaisoaho
        ✭✭✭✭✭

It seems to me you might think dreugh wax drops from dreughs - if that is the case, I'm sorry to inform you, it does not drop from dreughs. You get crafting improvement materials from:
        - daily crafting writs (you get these quests from writ boards after you've done the crafting certification quest)
        - Refining raw materials
        - deconstructing items (this is very inefficient way to get them, if you're after dreugh wax)
      • Fleshreaper
        Fleshreaper
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        If you are on PC get harvest maps, setup the pins, and run between nodes on your way to quest objectives. This is helpful if you are still leveling but works well for ALL daily quests. I almost never farm and I have over 10k raw mates of most everything, doing nothing but this. If you want to farm try the starter zones, all though any zone is good once you know how the nodes are laid out.
      • MaleAmazon
        MaleAmazon
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        -Do daily writs using addon to make them bearable.

-Murder mudcrabs etc every chance you get.

You don´t have to farm stuff, you can also make a habit of gathering everything you come across.