Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

DLCs and Expansions

Beranir
Beranir
Hello, I just wanted to clarify how these stuff works, if I got it correctly because it seems a bit complicated. With DLCs you have to buy them via crown store unless you have ESO+, but if your ESO+ runs out you are locked from those dlcs again untill you get ESO+ or you buy them, right? How is it with expansions? Do I only have to buy the latest one to get all of them, or do I have to buy every single one, or does the old ones become part of the game just like in wow and you only have to buy the latest one?
  • Kaymorolis
    Kaymorolis
    ✭✭✭
    If your ESO+ lapses then you lose access to any un-purchased DLC.

If you buy the base game version of Elseweyr it includes both Morrowind and Summerset. I don't know if that is true for upgrade versions though.
    PC | NA
    CP: 240+
    Tai'Zar - 50 Bosmer Stamblade
    Annatar the Fair - 50 Altmer MagSorc
    Rules Through Fear - 50 Argonian Templar
  • Hämähäkki
    Hämähäkki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like you said, you get access to the dlc's by either buying them on the crown store or by having Eso+. Expansions you have to buy to have access. But I think they are already starting to put the oldest one into Eso+. So you might be able to go to Morrowind via Eso+.
    TherealHämähäkki
  • Kaymorolis
    Kaymorolis
    ✭✭✭
    But I think they are already starting to put the oldest one into Eso+. So you might be able to go to Morrowind via Eso+.
    You still need to buy Morrowind to have access to the Warden though, correct?

PC | NA
    CP: 240+
    Tai'Zar - 50 Bosmer Stamblade
    Annatar the Fair - 50 Altmer MagSorc
    Rules Through Fear - 50 Argonian Templar
  • Hämähäkki
    Hämähäkki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaymorolis wrote: »
    But I think they are already starting to put the oldest one into Eso+. So you might be able to go to Morrowind via Eso+.

yes
    TherealHämähäkki
  • Beranir
    Beranir
    Soo if I bought game like 3 years ago and I dont have ESO+ and I havent bought any expansions, I will be only able to play basic game plus free content, nothing else, if I now buy elseweyer I will have exes to base game and elseweyer and again nothing else. Correct?
  • Hämähäkki
    Hämähäkki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    with elsweyr you also get Morrowind and Summerset. Like said above.
    TherealHämähäkki
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. Morrowind DLC no longer includes the Warden. Its a separate upgrade purchased fron the Crown Store now.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you buy the Elsweyr Standard or Collector’s Upgrade that is the Elsweyr chapter only.

If you buy the Elsweyr Standard or Collector’s Edition, that is the base game, Morrowind, Summerset, and Elsweyr.
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. Morrowind DLC no longer includes the Warden. Its a separate upgrade purchased fron the Crown Store now.

This is a common misunderstanding. The Morrowind DLC never included the Warden class. The Morrowind chapter contains the Morrowind DLC (i.e. the Vvardenfell zone) and the Warden class.

Since the launch of the Summerset chapter the Morrowind DLC has been included in the ESO+, but the Warden class hasn't.

The Morrowind chapter is included in the Standard ESO package and a few others that specifically call it "Morrowind chapter", such as the non-upgrade versions of Elsweyr.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • Beranir
    Beranir

If you buy the Elsweyr Standard or Collector’s Upgrade that is the Elsweyr chapter only.

If you buy the Elsweyr Standard or Collector’s Edition, that is the base game, Morrowind, Summerset, and Elsweyr.

Wait so if I upgrade my account I got only elsweyr but if I buy the game I get literally everything? pff nice treatment of players who bought game ages ago and want all dlcs, damn
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beranir wrote: »

Wait so if I upgrade my account I got only elsweyr but if I buy the game I get literally everything? pff nice treatment of players who bought game ages ago and want all dlcs, damn

No you just get the chapter. Nobody gets the DLC's without either buying them or getting an ESO+ subscription (renting them). The ex-chapters have been split into DLC's and Crown Store goods, with some features being absorbed into the base game (for everyone). E.g. Battlegrounds from Morrowind chapter are now base, Vvardenfell is a DLC, and Warden is Crown Store.

Being able to pay only for the extra you want is the point here. If you had to buy the whole game again, you'd have a real reason to complain.
  • Beranir
    Beranir
    ghastley wrote: »
    Beranir wrote: »

No you just get the chapter. Nobody gets the DLC's without either buying them or getting an ESO+ subscription (renting them). The ex-chapters have been split into DLC's and Crown Store goods, with some features being absorbed into the base game (for everyone). E.g. Battlegrounds from Morrowind chapter are now base, Vvardenfell is a DLC, and Warden is Crown Store.

Being able to pay only for the extra you want is the point here. If you had to buy the whole game again, you'd have a real reason to complain.

Damn ESO dlc and expac policy is messy, upgrades bundles splitting eso+, Im glad im still at the begining and dont have to worry about it very much, but when I will actualy want to get something I will be confused AF to what exactly I wanna buy.