The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do I obtain the 3 SkyShards behind gates?

IAmBones
IAmBones
✭✭✭
My character is AD (because my guild is I guess). I have collected every SkyShard with the exception of the one in the north/west and the two in the north/east in Cyrodiil. I don't actually understand PVP and how it works. I am completely stumped on how to get these SkyShards. Do I have to wait until AD takes these areas? Is this a situation where I have no choice but to ask for help? (I don't like to bother other players) Since many players have done this, I am missing something. If I had to guess, I am guessing this can not be accomplished without a lot of help, just looking for confirmation I guess. Thanks!

Best Answer

• TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You have to wait until you alliance controls those areas, opening the gates. Of course, it can be a bit patience testing, but you can always jump in with a group or zerg, helping them, and when they go for the scrolls in the temples have your way open for the skyshards.
    Answer ✓
  • IAmBones
    IAmBones
    ✭✭✭
    You have to wait until you alliance controls those areas, opening the gates. Of course, it can be a bit patience testing, but you can always jump in with a group or zerg, helping them, and when they go for the scrolls in the temples have your way open for the skyshards.

Much thanks...I had a feeling this was the case but did not know for sure. Thanks for the confirmation, it is very much appreciated.
  • Komputerheld
    Komputerheld
    ✭✭✭
    If you can play early in the morning and your Char is PC-EU join Vivec in the early morning hours (european time). Join the guys that go for the scroll to pass the open gates...