The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Login bonuses should accrue even if not retrieved

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I finally realized I missed several login bonuses this month (3 on one server, 1 on the other) because I didn't select them in the right window. I login daily for the riding bonuses, so I know I was checking in, but I get tired of repeated guild notices and announcements about someone completing something, so I hadn't been always catch the "collect the daily bonus" part even though I logged in more than once a day on most days.

The extra bonuses should remain until you collect them. I could live with an exception if you missed them on the last day of the month, but you should get the bonus item as long as you were in the game within the daily window.
PC
PS4/PS5
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    There's an option in the social menu to disable leaderboard announcements, it's a game changer. (Maybe off topic, sorry)
    Ps4 EU
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally realized I missed several login bonuses this month (3 on one server, 1 on the other) because I didn't select them in the right window. I login daily for the riding bonuses, so I know I was checking in, but I get tired of repeated guild notices and announcements about someone completing something, so I hadn't been always catch the "collect the daily bonus" part even though I logged in more than once a day on most days.

The extra bonuses should remain until you collect them. I could live with an exception if you missed them on the last day of the month, but you should get the bonus item as long as you were in the game within the daily window.

What are login bonuses?
    What are riding bonuses?
    What guild notices?

• Shanee
    Shanee
    ✭✭
    Peacatcher wrote: »
    There's an option in the social menu to disable leaderboard announcements, it's a game changer. (Maybe off topic, sorry)

This is going to change my life, thank you for posting this lol
  • ByzantiusRising
    ByzantiusRising
    Soul Shriven

Thank god. This is the first thing I'm changing when I can log in.
  • MaleAmazon
    MaleAmazon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checklist for alts:

-Turn on swearing

-Turn off leaderboards announcements

-Turn on auto-decline duels

-Turn on 'no attacking innocents' (though it is funny to have your lvl 3 character murdered in Rawl'kha in front of 30 people because you were accidentally on the wrong bar and pressed ambush instead of maneuver)

-Fix nameplates / healthbars / everything else

-Rebind hotkeys. There a lot of useful ones I didn´t touch at first, like turning nameplates and hp bars on-off (on is useful when pvping, look a bit silly when questing).

I want this client side. :(

As for the OP, it takes like 5 seconds to get the reward. Literally. This is pushing it a few kilometres into entitlement territory.
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaleAmazon wrote: »
    Checklist for alts:

-Turn on swearing

-Turn on 'no attacking innocents' (though it is funny to have your lvl 3 character murdered in Rawl'kha in front of 30 people because you were accidentally on the wrong bar and pressed ambush instead of maneuver)

-Rebind hotkeys. There a lot of useful ones I didn´t touch at first, like turning nameplates and hp bars on-off (on is useful when pvping, look a bit silly when questing).

As for the OP, it takes like 5 seconds to get the reward. Literally. This is pushing it a few kilometres into entitlement territory.

Yep. I do pretty much the same for every new char.

i also remap the C-key to O-Key to stop inadvertently opening the character screen, when trying to PRESS X.
    I also remap the G-key to toggle between walking and running
  • Ei8htba11
    Ei8htba11
    ✭✭✭✭

You missed the train, the next available train will leave platform one in 24 hours.

You get it for logging in every day, not once at the end of the week/month. I don't see a problem with it. Most (all) of the rewards are generally underwhelming. They used to give out crates, once upon a time...
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erh no... Clue is in the name - Login bonuses.

As in, it's a bonus you get IF you login. They're not called 'not-login bonuses', or just 'bonuses'.

Get with the programme.... :smiling_imp:
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
    xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
    ✭✭✭
    It should be where if *for example* you don't log on for the first week of the month, and then log on, it'll give you all that weeks stuff!
    New to forums and stuff so I 99.9 percent probably won't see your response and such, so use the at symbol at me I guess? IDK :/. This BBCode stuff is really cool!! :D.
    Gamer from Alaska (907 Gamers, Alaskan Gamers Unite!).
    My little rant I guess?:
      One day Nightblades will get the buffs we desperately need and deserve, but so far, those buffs are not today.. The Elder Scrolls Online: Nightblade Nerfs Unlimited.
      Don't nerf you, don't nerf me, nerf the sorc behind the tree!.

If you need help or advice, hit me up on Xbox: H4rry Poggers :D .
      Also open to talking on Discord!

Ich kann Deutsch Sprechen bei der mittleren/zwischen Kenntnissen Ebene. Hallo! :D.

CP level 1000+! Playing since 2015.

My wishlist I suppose:
      • PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEAAASSSEEE EITHER BUFF SIPHONING STRIKES OR REVERT IT BACK TO PRE MORROWIND!!.
      • Bring back purge cloak. But I guess the new heal cloak is more beneficial. Hmmm....
      • MAKE IMPERIAL CITY GREAT AGAIN, BRING BACK THOSE INCREDIBLE DAYS. My best experiences in ESO where in there!
      • Return Stam builds to the power we held in One Tamriel. Long Live Stamina builds!
      • Put Magplar and MagDK into their place. Magpsorc is a hopeless case.
      • Is there any chance that we could get an Ebonheart Pact nerf? #CullingTheHerds .

My 10 characters:
      • AD - xak-Morrowindx - Khajiit Stamina Nightblade. Hours: 107 days, 19 hours (2,568 hours).
      • EP - Ich bin Groot - Orc Stamina Dragonknight. Hours: 2 days, 16 hours (64 hours).
      • DC - Who Took My Bleach - Orc Stamina Sorcerer. Hours: 3 days, 18 hours. (90 hours).
      • EP - Niada Zaennon - High Elf Magicka Nightblade. Hours: 15 days, 18 hours (378 hours).
      • AD - Healsyournoobazzwithmemes - Argonian Magicka Templar. Hours: 1 day, 9 hours (33 hours)
      • DC - Engulfing Traps - Dark Elf Magicka Dragonknight. Hours: 7 days, 17 hours (129 hours).
      • AD - Verführung - High Elf Magicka Sorcerer. Hours: 5 days, 9 hours (129 hours)
      • DC - Deadazz catch these birds - Nord Stamina Warden. Hours: 6 days, 21 hours (165 hours)
      • EP - So Bendy - Wood Elf Stamina Templar. Hours: 1 day, 15 hours (39 hours)
      • EP - Smash that mf Like button - Breton Magicka Warden. Hours: 20 hours, 20 minutes.

Aldmeri Dominion Master-Faction!
    • Kel
      Kel
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It should be where if *for example* you don't log on for the first week of the month, and then log on, it'll give you all that weeks stuff!

Nah...its called a log in reward. In other words, a reward for logging in. Even if it's just for 5 seconds.

You have to actually log in to get rewarded. That's why they call them....log in rewards.
      Edited by Kel on April 30, 2019 11:24AM
    • ryzen_gamer_gal
      ryzen_gamer_gal
      ✭✭✭✭
      I am glad the login bonuses arent automatic. There are certain parts of the game i wont have anything to do with... Anything that looks like an eso equivalent of easter (mara's chicken for example) halloween or christmas (indriks are reindeer for reals).

I deliberately refuse to accept item from those events. When they gave us all the psijic mansion i deleted my account because they refused to remove that cathederal from my account on both servers. i esp felt stupid that time because it hadnt occured to me that it was arranged like a cathederal. When someone mentioned it i was stunned i had missed that but then i really am not so familiar with such things.

Anyway, please dont give us things automatically or i will have to quit playing forever.
    • sdtlc
      sdtlc
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Last time i logged in and didn't claim, i was able to claim it the following day and after logging in with a different char, i was able to claim the actual reward.

Dunno if they changed that.
      Die Qualität verhält sich nicht zwingend proportional zur Masse...

Meisterangler vor dem perfekten Rogen...
      +Kaiserstadt, Wrothgar, Hew's Fluch, Goldküste, Vvardenfell, Stadt der Uhrwerke, Sommersend, Artaeum, Trübmoor, Elsweyr (nördliches & südliches), Graumoor, Reik, Dunkelforst

[PC][DC]Zunft der Helden[PvX]
      Feierabendgilde mit Ambitionen
    • Hanokihs
      Hanokihs
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I agree, because if we unlock them for just playing at the right time each day, I can skip over the trash I don't want. Like crown food, and research scrolls.
      "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
      "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
    • Tan9oSuccka
      Tan9oSuccka
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Login and make sure to collect them?

Why is this a post?
      Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
      -Berj Stoneheart
    • ZOS_JesC
      ZOS_JesC
      admin
      Greetings, we have removed several baiting and insulting comments. This is a reminder that comments need to adhere to our forum rules.
      The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
      Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
      Staff Post
    • xan4silkb14_ESO
      xan4silkb14_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭

Why is this a post?

It's a post because the OP knew they had logged in but just didn't collect them everyday like they could have. They're not saying they should get them retroactively, or ZoS owes them. Would it be nice to login and not have to collect the rewards every day? Yes it would. Some days I don't want to mess with the rewards, or I've logged onto the wrong alt and I don't want to either take the time to transfer the reward to the correct alt later, or log in to the other alt just to have the reward where I want it.

I still make sure to collect the rewards everyday, but it would be easier if I could just collect them when I felt like during that month.
    • FlopsyPrince
      FlopsyPrince
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      In case it wasn't clear in the OP:

I logged in every day. I didn't always collect the reward, mostly because of the amount of spam masking it. It is a "login" not "login and collect" reward as many noted above.

Other games do account for the login rather than the collection, letting you gather several days at once.

Not too much lost, but annoying since I met the state requirements of logging in.
      PC
      PS4/PS5
    • Wolfkeks
      Wolfkeks
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      If you're on PC I think there is and addon named 'auto daily rewards' that automatically collects your rewards when it becomes available.
      I think I also missed like 1 or 2 rewards by doing something else and then forgetting to claim them afterwards :joy:
      "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
      EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
      Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
    • AlnilamE
      AlnilamE
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Checklist for alts:

-Turn on swearing

i also remap the C-key to O-Key to stop inadvertently opening the character screen, when trying to PRESS X.

Rebind Ultimate to TAB

Why is this a post?
      Ei8htba11 wrote: »

You missed the train, the next available train will leave platform one in 24 hours.

You get it for logging in every day, not once at the end of the week/month. I don't see a problem with it. Most (all) of the rewards are generally underwhelming. They used to give out crates, once upon a time...
      Nermy wrote: »
      Erh no... Clue is in the name - Login bonuses.

As in, it's a bonus you get IF you login. They're not called 'not-login bonuses', or just 'bonuses'.

Get with the programme.... :smiling_imp:

You guys are missing the point. The OP DID log in. He just didn't collect the reward. I've done that a couple of times. I log in and see the reward is AP, which I'd rather collect on a character that still needs to level the PvP skill line. Then once I'm finished with the character I'm on, if I get distracted and don't log in to the right alt, the reward is still there the next day, but the calendar behaves as if I'd missed a day (which I did not).
      The Moot Councillor
    • FlopsyPrince
      FlopsyPrince
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Wolfkeks wrote: »
      If you're on PC I think there is and addon named 'auto daily rewards' that automatically collects your rewards when it becomes available.
      I think I also missed like 1 or 2 rewards by doing something else and then forgetting to claim them afterwards :joy:

I am on the PS4, which does not have any addons unfortunately.
      PC
      PS4/PS5
    • ShellaSunshine
      ShellaSunshine
      ✭✭✭
      Checklist for alts:

-Turn on swearing

We really need ZOS to give us an account wide settings option

PLEASE!!!!!!
    • FlopsyPrince
      FlopsyPrince
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Checklist for alts:

-Turn on swearing

We really need ZOS to give us an account wide settings option

PLEASE!!!!!!

I agree with this! Set new characters up to the default instead of requiring me to find all the settings on each characters.

I can't think of any setting that should be limited. "Prevent harming innocents" maybe, but I can live with having to turn that back off since I normally seek to do so to prevent accidentally killing someone later with a wrong button press.
      PC
      PS4/PS5
    • valeriiya
      valeriiya
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      You guys are missing the point. The OP DID log in. He just didn't collect the reward.

He didn't do something, that's not a problem for ZOS to solve and it's not their fault.
    • AlnilamE
      AlnilamE
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      valeriiya wrote: »
      You guys are missing the point. The OP DID log in. He just didn't collect the reward.

He didn't do something, that's not a problem for ZOS to solve and it's not their fault.

But if the reward is for logging in, then it should allow you to let them sit there and be collected when convenient, even if multiple days have passed and you are collecting multiple days.

The condition of logging in has been met.
      The Moot Councillor
    • Jimmy_The_Fixer
      Jimmy_The_Fixer
      ✭✭✭✭✭

You’re a hero, a *** hero.
    • TheRealPotoroo
      TheRealPotoroo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Checklist for alts:

-Turn on swearing

I swap the binding for Collections (U to R) with Ultimate (R to U) so I don't waste my Ultimate every two minutes. The default binding of Ultimate to R has the be the dumbest default binding in the history of dumb default bindings.

As for logins accruing, the OP should get real. They are LOGIN rewards. It's not rocket science.
      Edited by TheRealPotoroo on May 1, 2019 3:13AM
      PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
    • sho_nuff
      sho_nuff
      ✭✭✭
      Personally, I think if you log in that you should be able to accrue gifts without collecting them. My wife (on console) has had this happen numerous times: she gets to play before the reward resets, is busy doing something, and then misses out.

It’s her fault for missing out - she’d be the first to admit it. It’s happened to me once, back when gifts didn’t go the full month.

To me, there is nothing gained by having to collect. And if you make a mistake, there’s an extra helping of “not fun.”
    • jazsper77
      jazsper77
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It’s called the LOG IN reward not a redemption reward. The OP is absolutely within reason along with the rest of us that log in but forget to REDEEM reward.

Do not think it’s something that would put ZOS out to look at.
    • ghastley
      ghastley
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      There's another point here that's getting missed. There's no way to skip something you don't want. If you don't collect an item, it remains the "next" one until you do, and some can't simply be collected and destroyed.
    • TrashPlaysss
      TrashPlaysss
      Soul Shriven
      Yeah ngl a collection calendar seems like a pretty good QOL update. I recently started playing and was pretty surprised it wasn't already like that.