The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

(Without Focusing on the Nerfs) How Can I Build MagNB Next Patch PVP?

Shushu_H
Shushu_H
So Far I had this idea:
ftIRbMd.png

I wanted to use this with Crafty Alfiq as the jewelry and weapon set, but I couldn't test it because at this time crafty is not on the build editor. With maybe a frost staff if not then all impen and lightning staff for the AoE DoTS.
Am I going in the right direction? I just want to continue playing Nightblade and do well in PVP.

Please post suggestions and feedback. Also, I don't want this thread getting negative I know it looks bad right now, but there has to be something I can do to play Nightblade.
Also Im noob so please go easy.
Edited by Shushu_H on April 30, 2019 1:44AM
  • Victor_Blade
    Victor_Blade
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magblade is a dead class in pvp. And will be cremated next patch so I don't think its worth it.

But, if you're like me and wanna play it anyways then I reccomened using a combination of bright throat's boast and necropotence. Keep the body pieces impen, infused spell damage jewellery and infused/nirnhoned shock damage front bar destruction staff. A black rose prison restoration staff back bar with either oblivion or absorb magicka enchant.

This is a ranged setup so it won't be appropriate for melee builds which I think what you're going for. If you wanna do melee magblade then swap out bright throat's for shackle breaker and use some prismatic defense glyphs on your armour. You'll need the stamina to dodge roll and stuff.

Swap out twisting for sap essence and I think you'll have a decent start. You'll need sap essence or any siphoning skill on the front bar for extra magicka passive. Hope this helps ^-^
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The big question is how do you like playing in pvp? There are a couple styles:

Ranged dps
    Skirmisher melee and ranged dps
    Melee brawler style
    Melee ganker style
    Pure healer
    Healing and damage mix

There’s a ton of choices now so abilities depend on the style you like plus where you want to play, is it for BGs or cyrodiil?

I’ve been on PTS, don’t be discouraged, magblade has been stronger on PTS then live since 5.0... for my playstyle at least. Only did 3 BGs.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 30, 2019 2:24AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Shushu_H
    Shushu_H
    Thanks! Victor_Blade
    Iskiab wrote: »
    The big question is how do you like playing in pvp? There are a couple styles:

Ranged dps
    Skirmisher melee and ranged dps
    Melee brawler style
    Melee ganker style
    Pure healer
    Healing and damage mix

There’s a ton of choices now so abilities depend on the style you like plus where you want to play, is it for BGs or cyrodiil?

I’ve been on PTS, don’t be discouraged, magblade has been stronger on PTS then live since 5.0... for my playstyle at least. Only did 3 BGs.

I like melee, healing and ranged. I will try whatever works best though. I want to try for bgs. So I guess the ranged dps, melee brawler or healing and damage
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    K, for starting out in BGs I’d actually suggest ranged first, skirmisher, or hybrid healing and damage.

Here’s my impression from my limited testing that you have to think about when designing your build:
    - aoes have been buffed like crazy, expect a lot of aoe spam making ganking or brawling really difficult
    - lotus fan was buffed a lot so should be good, but it’ll be tricky getting in there to use it
    - RAT is amazing, the only class it’ll help more then magblade is Templars.
    - Reflections nerfed making ranged magblade viable again, you don’t have to be melee

So first things first, gear. In general you want one defensive set, one sustain set and then either a healing or damage set.

First rule for ESO pvp, resistances are key. Without good defensive gear you will die in a couple seconds when you’re attacked. This is the part new pvpers have the most difficulty with: you will do more damage staying alive, sacrificing defense will add very little damage and you’ll give up... basicly any chance at surviving more then a couple seconds.

I’d recommend buffer if the Swift, bright throat + x damage set. For healing buffer of the swift, Transmutation plus x monster set.

Once you can stay alive longer then a couple seconds you can start experimenting with abilities to see what you like.

I think post-patch builds will generally follow this pattern:

Always cloak (either morph)
    Always either RAT or the other assassination ability that breaks CC’s
    Always one ability from each class tree on your bar
    Always mass hysteria

Other then that we’ll see. I need to experiment more before I can suggest loadouts, but if you buff your defense you can figure out what you like.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think shade is really good but it’s a shadow of its former self and is constantly messing up, so I don’t use it .

Use fire staff & resto staff
    Replace resto ult with psijic 8% mitigation ult

I’m not a fan of cripple or wall of elements & you need shadowy disguise aka cloak on your bar.

I would consider either merciless resolve or impale in place of refreshing path.

For sustain I prefer amber plasm, willows path, or seducer over bright throat.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Shushu_H
    Shushu_H
    Thanks! Though I've got to be honest I've been thinking. Using swallow soul now for me feels bad without having Major Expedition to kite. Also, I don't really know what skills to use that would make up for not using lotus fan now because of that major vulnerability.

KW5MwdR.png

I wanted to try debilitate for the sustain and the dot but idk about it.

I tried amber and it had like 1k less mag recovery and 4k less max mag, but 909 stam recovery and 200 more spell damage instead of 600 stam recovery. I think the stam recovery might be negligible at that point but idk I'm still new to this.

How much sustain and spell damage/max magicka should I be going for?
    Can someone suggest me a skill load out for ranged?

I can try the PTS later.
    Edited by Shushu_H on April 30, 2019 1:26PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not changing my Magblade build next patch. Currently running War Maiden and Spinners, and domi/illambris. With a fire staff front bar. The only change I made to get used to it was switching Grim to my back bar and slotting Impale front bar for an execute. But I also play with a melee magblade, using lotus fan and concealed weapon. And I mostly use cloak for damage mitigation.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Shushu_H wrote: »
    Thanks! Though I've got to be honest I've been thinking. Using swallow soul now for me feels bad without having Major Expedition to kite. Also, I don't really know what skills to use that would make up for not using lotus fan now because of that major vulnerability.

KW5MwdR.png

I wanted to try debilitate for the sustain and the dot but idk about it.

I tried amber and it had like 1k less mag recovery and 4k less max mag, but 909 stam recovery and 200 more spell damage instead of 600 stam recovery. I think the stam recovery might be negligible at that point but idk I'm still new to this.

How much sustain and spell damage/max magicka should I be going for?
    Can someone suggest me a skill load out for ranged?

I can try the PTS later.

Debilitate sounds good especially since Cripple will get countered a lot by RAT next patch. However (and especially with resto backbar) I would definitely have it on the backbar with an infused power enchant to proc every 5-6 seconds while having Merciless on the front bar for burst.

Remember the delay of Merciless got almost halved. So hitting Harvest -> Hysteria -> Bow proc should be very potent in melee range and harder to avoid than now.

I still think you'll need Harness/Dampen though to protect you from damage burst, as opposed to Combat Prayer. Reverb Bash is everywhere and Combat Prayer heals for *** when you're defiled. Whereas no-one can defile your shields.

Tbh I think melee magblade would work fine if PvP wasn't filled with +30k armor and 5k weapon damage heavy armor stambuilds, that are healing/mitigating dmg through the roof and then returning insane burst. Melee magbuilds in general are victims of the meta.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Shushu_H
    Shushu_H
    Thanks @Maulkin then maybe I need spinners like Jaws mentioned in their build. Also now I think I see the proboem everyone is talking about with healing.

Does anyone have suggestions for healing?
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks @Maulkin then maybe I need spinners like Jaws mentioned in their build. Also now I think I see the proboem everyone is talking about with healing.

There's no decent suggestion tbh, sorry.

On live use Healing Ward and Resto Ult as my main heals. I also use Shadow Image and Dampen. So when I'm in trouble and I have no Resto Ult I will use Ward, then protect the Ward with Dampen, then Shadow Image out of trouble and Cloak until the Ward pops. That resets my health and I can go again.

However Resto Ult is losing Major Protection which is a problem. And also melee build has 1 less slot to ranged because it needs a gap closer, especially one as buffed as Lotus Fan. So either one of Siphoning Attacks, Cripple/Debiliate or Shadow Image have to go.

Without Shadow Image you have no escape and can't Minor Maim the opponent any more. Without Debilitate/Cripple you have no DoT pressure. Without Siphoning you lose a lot of heals and sustain during fight. They are all quite essential to play a melee build with staying power against stambuilds or magDKs, and if you sacrifice any of them you feel compelled to play a Caluurion ganker instead.

I don't know what the answer is to that conundrum. For me you need to fit all these skills into a melee build to be effective.
    1. RAT
    2. Lotus Fan
    3. Concealed
    4. Cripple/Debilitate
    5. Siphoning Attacks/Ele Drain
    6. Heal Ward
    7. Dampen/Harness
    8. Merciless
    9. Mass Hysteria
    10. Shadowy Disguise
    11. Shadow Image

But as you can probably see, that's 11 skills not 10. And I really don't know what to drop.

Edited by Maulkin on April 30, 2019 2:37PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • ProbablePaul
    ProbablePaul
    ✭✭✭✭
    The great thing about all of these changes is that there is an alternative approach to almost everything. For instance, I'm thinking we should be able to drop our overly defensive resto staff off the back bar entirely.

Replace resto staff heavy attacks by combining debilitate, siphoning attacks and harness magicka. As for healing ward, merciless resolve will no doubt outperform it, thereby replacing it; at 5 stacks you will be mitigating 15% across the board, which isn't the case for damage shields, i.e. champion points and oblivion damage. The heal from merciless should be comparable to healing ward at 300%, but merciless' heal is more risky, considering it requires you to activate it; you can miss; or it can simply expire. It lasts 20 seconds, though, meaning you can be doing other stuff for the 4.33 seconds you're not spending casting healing ward (assuming you were casting them back to back).

Not having a resto staff opens possibilities for you... personally I am going to go dual-wield/destro to keep up the pressure with a little bit of defense (ice destro for the block bonus maybe) and offense (frost destro to immobilize or fire to knock back) on the back bar. The destro returns magicka on heavy attacks and it's passive - not to mention it has a really strong ultimate.

If you don't like that, instead of using debilitate, you could take crippling grasp instead, and use elemental drain on your destro bar; it lasts longer than debilitate and costs nothing to cast. The only difference is that you can cast debilitate on any number of targets... so that means applying minor magicka steal to many things. Or you could use both, and let go of siphoning attacks. Or use all three, and sport molag kena.

You could replace an ability with swallow soul and cloak > swallow soul to get some serious health back.

If you wanted you could go dual-wield/dual-wield with torug's and get your sustain solely from siphoning/harness/debilitate.

When it comes to consoles, I'm gonna try DW/destro with kena/stygian/bright-throat and lover mundus. Fights will hopefully go something like, from stealth: power pot > destro heavy > lotus fan > mass hysteria > ele drain ---- if less than 50% health, proc kena > cloak > soul harvest > concealed weapon or merciless ---- otherwise, image > debilitate > cloak > heavy attack and figure it out from there or whatever
    Edited by ProbablePaul on April 30, 2019 10:20PM
    Bosmer Melee Magicka Nightblade
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play a ranged to melee blitz build... little harder next patch because of the cripple nerf.

You keep on the outside of the opponents, kiting, keep pressure with CC’s. Close quickly for the kill combo once you have built the merciless proc. Easier to build proc on resto bar.

Cripple>Harvest>fear>merciless>Hold your breath and pray it lands.

The main things I feel I go back to are Troll King for monster helm, Spell strat for burst and ele drain.

Outside that combo it’s very difficult to secure kills on good or tanky players. If you are outnumbered, look for the kids that don’t heal up and pressure them.

Bright throat=good
    Amber plasm=good (more dodge roll)
    Armor master=great (but need to offset with an offensive monster helm)
    Spell strat=personal fav. (I back bar it with an infused berserker glyph)
    Troll king = great
    Necro= don’t like because shade is buggy Af.
    Shadowrend =more play next patch for sure.
    Zaan=BIS when combined with fear+harvest
    Valkyn=good for ranged setups.
    Pariah = good not great
    Brass = good not great
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So for range I'm thinking necro/armor master/2 one piece max mag/will power staff. Front bar is: merciless, strife, fear, ele drain, cloak, soul harvest. Back bar is: dampen, RAT, cripple, shade, healing ward, soul siphon. It should be really tanky and you will be right over 50k magicka with a min/max race so your damage will be really good. You could switch out healing ward and RAT for blur and refreshing path to make yourself a little more defensive. From what I can see so for this build would be best in slot in terms of good defense good damage and good mobility.

I have a decent idea for a melee build as well but I want to test and see what the survivability will be like before I invest heavily in a melee build. I see alot of potential for a melee build open world I'm just not sure it will have enough healing
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »

On live use Healing Ward and Resto Ult as my main heals. I also use Shadow Image and Dampen. So when I'm in trouble and I have no Resto Ult I will use Ward, then protect the Ward with Dampen, then Shadow Image out of trouble and Cloak until the Ward pops. That resets my health and I can go again.

However Resto Ult is losing Major Protection which is a problem. And also melee build has 1 less slot to ranged because it needs a gap closer, especially one as buffed as Lotus Fan. So either one of Siphoning Attacks, Cripple/Debiliate or Shadow Image have to go.

Without Shadow Image you have no escape and can't Minor Maim the opponent any more. Without Debilitate/Cripple you have no DoT pressure. Without Siphoning you lose a lot of heals and sustain during fight. They are all quite essential to play a melee build with staying power against stambuilds or magDKs, and if you sacrifice any of them you feel compelled to play a Caluurion ganker instead.

I don't know what the answer is to that conundrum. For me you need to fit all these skills into a melee build to be effective.
    1. RAT
    2. Lotus Fan
    3. Concealed
    4. Cripple/Debilitate
    6. Heal Ward
    7. Dampen/Harness
    8. Merciless
    9. Mass Hysteria
    10. Shadowy Disguise
    11. Shadow Image

But as you can probably see, that's 11 skills not 10. And I really don't know what to drop.
    I'd drop the gapcloser tbh. As with stam melee builds, a gapcloser is a luxury thing. You will do fine without it as long as you have access to speed, snare/root immunity and your own cc.
    Edited by Koensol on May 1, 2019 6:09AM
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »

1. RAT
    2. Lotus Fan
    3. Concealed
    4. Cripple/Debilitate
    6. Heal Ward
    7. Dampen/Harness
    8. Merciless
    9. Mass Hysteria
    10. Shadowy Disguise
    11. Shadow Image

I'd drop the gapcloser tbh. As with stam melee builds, a gapcloser is a luxury thing. You will do fine without it as long as you have access to speed, snare/root immunity and your own cc.

It’s not just a gap loser though. It now works from 0 distance, applies a strong DoT (they tripled the strength) and debuffs your target with minor vulnerability for 8 seconds. It becomes an important part of your kit to replicate some of the pressure lost to the removal of minor berserk.

And I think a lot of people underestimate how important these gap closers will become to melee builds now that everyone has access to snare immunity and speed buff. Everyone will be running RAT. Before I could even catch a magsorc with cripple spam. Now that magsorc will be immune cripple root and snare while being able to streak with speed buff.

You need to stop sprinting to be able to cast skills. Which means someone sprinting away from you with RAT active will be always getting from you while you land 1 skill in maybe 5 without that gap closer.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Shushu_H
    Shushu_H
    From what I've asked different people and from the discussion here I will go the double shield somehow and I will go without shadow image.
    Though without the minor maim I'm kinda screwed. So I'm thinking of going with a different monster set like Pirate Skeleton, Earthgore or Bloodspawn since I'm not really running a heal at all.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    From what I've asked different people and from the discussion here I will go the double shield somehow and I will go without shadow image.
    Though without the minor maim I'm kinda screwed. So I'm thinking of going with a different monster set like Pirate Skeleton, Earthgore or Bloodspawn since I'm not really running a heal at all.

You also need to drop necropotence which is the only set that you showed us on your build :tongue:

You're running two ground AoE skills on your build, do you feel you need that much AoE? Are you playing a group build? If so why not drop Twisting Path and use Sap Essence you'll get some heals from that?

If you're running a solo build I would personally drop both these ground aoes because with RAT everyone will be just walking out of them. You'll get more damage and sustain by running Ele Drain and Merciless instead of those.

Edited by Maulkin on May 1, 2019 2:07PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • Shushu_H
    Shushu_H

You also need to drop necropotence which is the only set that you showed us on your build :tongue:

You're running two ground AoE skills on your build, do you feel you need that much AoE? Are you playing a group build? If so why not drop Twisting Path and use Sap Essence you'll get some heals from that?

If you're running a solo build I would personally drop both these ground aoes because with RAT everyone will be just walking out of them. You'll get more damage and sustain by running Ele Drain and Merciless instead of those.

oh I switched to this build
    KW5MwdR.png
    going to switch out combat prayer for harness/dampen. Using buffer of the Swift with Bright Throat.

Also, going to probably use the reworked earthgore.
    Edited by Shushu_H on May 1, 2019 2:22PM
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

oh I switched to this build
    KW5MwdR.png
    going to switch out combat prayer for harness/dampen. Using buffer of the Swift with Bright Throat.

I plan to run a similar skill loadout with some minor alterations here and there. Compared to yours I'm tempted to do the following:
    • Get rid of Siphoning Attacks, Debilitate is better sustain anyway
    • Put Shadow Image in its place
    • Put Soul Siphon ult on the back bar for emergency heals and the Magicka Flood passive
    • Move either Shadowy Disguise or Hysteria to the backbar (eliminate HP disparity due to Dark vigor passive)
    • Bring Merciless to the front bar where the fire staff boosts its damage.

That's the best that I've come up with for now.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    People are so negative about the nightblade changes, so I'm going to give some advice about what I've learned so far in pvp. Mind you I only play no-CP; cyrodiil and BGs:

- glass canon specs are horrible, just..... don't. The people who play them are also the people who say the class is garbage, this isn't a coincidence
    - the strongest magblade specs right now are healing or hybrid healing/damage
    - people underestimate how much reflections have effected magblade. The reason magblades are all melee or healers is because magblade ranged attacks are constantly reflected so you end up doing no damage, notice how the only attack that's a projectile in my BG build is impale? This alone means magblades are stronger on PTS before any buffs from 5.0 compared to live. This is also the reasons magblade healers are becoming more popular and the other magblades are melee. It’s not just the reflection changes, RAT alone buffed my survivability on PTS a ton in the BG matches I played, I had 3 deaths in 3 matches.

For hybrid healing specs here's what I've come up with, this is purely for BGs:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=134331

Here's a screen shot from a BG I did today where I did really well:

https://imgur.com/cVIQILn

People will probably think I'm nuts for saying all this during a PTS cycle where abilities are being balanced, but I'm sick of arguing with people on the forums who think they're experts in the class and at the same time say the class is terrible and they're going to give up. My kill count is relatively high compared to my damage just because I'm kill stealing, this isn't a high damage spec. Mind you I've also played like a thousand battlegrounds and have been pvp healing for a long time in some of the most hardcore pvp guilds there have ever been, a lot of it is practice.

Once you can survive more then a couple seconds start experimenting with what you like. The main reason I love magblade is cloak and it's versatility, it really is the most versatile class in the game. It's just been stuck in the reflection meta so has been unable to do damage.
    Edited by Iskiab on May 1, 2019 7:27PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Shushu_H
    Shushu_H
    Iskiab wrote: »
    People are so negative about the nightblade changes, so I'm going to give some advice about what I've learned so far in pvp. Mind you I only play no-CP; cyrodiil and BGs:

- glass canon specs are horrible, just..... don't. The people who play them are also the people who say the class is garbage, this isn't a coincidence
    - the strongest magblade specs right now are healing or hybrid healing/damage
    - people underestimate how much reflections have effected magblade. The reason magblades are all melee or healers is because magblade ranged attacks are constantly reflected so you end up doing no damage, notice how the only attack that's a projectile in my BG build is impale? This alone means magblades are stronger on PTS before any buffs from 5.0 compared to live. This is also the reasons magblade healers are becoming more popular and the other magblades are melee. RAT alone buffed my survivability on PTS a ton in the BG matches I played, I had 3 deaths in 3 matches.

For hybrid healing specs here's what I've come up with, this is purely for BGs:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=134331

Here's a screen shot from a BG I did today where I did really well:

https://imgur.com/cVIQILn

People will probably think I'm nuts for saying all this during a PTS cycle where abilities are being balanced, but I'm sick of arguing with people on the forums who think they're experts in the class and at the same time say the class is terrible and they're going to give up. My kill count is relatively high compared to my damage just because I'm kill stealing, this isn't a high damage spec. Mind you I've also played like a thousand battlegrounds and have been pvp healing for a long time in some of the most hardcore pvp guilds there have ever been, a lot of it is practice.

Once you can survive more then a couple seconds start experimenting with what you like. The main reason I love magblade is cloak and it's versatility, it really is the most versatile class in the game. It's just been stuck in the reflection meta so has been unable to do damage.

Dang that build looks awesome! Though I haven't played the class as much as you guys in this thread I have learned from all of you. I believe the nb after the patch will be different however, it won't lose its usefulness like so many complain. I just don't like classes being considered to be unplayable.

Will you be changing your build a bit next patch?
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely... they’re playing with buffs so it’s going to be hard to fit everything on one spec.

I didn’t do enough BGs on PTS to know how I’ll set it up, a lot is trial and error. When I did do BGs all I did was replace Siphoning Strikes with RAT and put Soul Siphon as both my ultimates.... so not optimal.

All I’ve figured out is I’ll need as a healer:

Race against Time or Double Take
    Mass Hysteria
    Soul Siphon
    Healthy Offering

Probably add...

Merciless
    Rapid regen
    Combat prayer
    Refreshing Path
    Impale

I want:

Shade
    Impulse (if I keep using the BRP staff)
    Swallow Soul
    Elemental Blockade
    Cripple
    Mark Target
    Siphoning Strikes
    Barrier
    Psijiic Ultimate for Minor Protection

It’s going to be REALLY tough to fit everything. I’m thinking I’ll add merciless and change all my jewellery traits to swift.

Something like:

Mass Hysteria - Merciless - impale - Impulse - race against time - Ult: Soul Harvest

Healthy Offering - Rapid Regen - Combat Prayer - Refreshing Path - Shadowy Disguise - Ult: Soul Siphon

They’ve buffed some abilities a lot, but at the same time made it impossible to fit them all. Healthy Offering is great, but it takes a lot of other healing abilities to offset the health cost. I might try high health regen, IDK, the advantage of health regen is I’ll be able to drop rapid regen, the only reason I use rapid regen is to help offset healthy offering’s health cost.
    Edited by Iskiab on May 1, 2019 8:30PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Shushu_H
    Shushu_H
    I also have a rather odd build for a Nightblade I wanted help with. It is a healer tank CC build. I see these sometimes as templars or wardens so I wanted to try one with Nightblade, and Iskiab's build gave me an idea of what skills I might use.

Here is the CP build:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=141222

I have reworked Lotus Fan for the Minor Vulnerability.
    I have reworked Debilitate for the Snare and Magicka Steal.
    I have Time Freeze because I saw another build like this utilize it but could probably use Hysteria.
    I have the reworked Symbiosis for single target burst heal.

Everything else is probably self-explanatory.
    Edited by Shushu_H on May 2, 2019 8:29PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Looking couple of things I see:

Guard’s being fixed/changed so I’m not sure if it’s worth running it anymore. On live it’s an engine for blood spawn and desert rose with almost zero drawbacks, with the changes if you put it on a low mitigation target it won’t double mitigate the damage anymore (right now the target mitigates the damage, then some damage is passed to you, and you mitigate the damage again so the damage is really low).

I’d add dark cloak if you don’t want disguise, minor protection in a non-ultimate form is good

I’m not a big fan of time stop in BGs, but attacking stamina and forcing people to dodge roll is never a bad thing.

You need a source of snare removal to get out of permafrost and remove fossilize, I’d go with the changed double take if you want to reduce damage, RAT if you want speed/minor force, or change from ice to 2 hander for forward momentum if you’re fighting in an environment with lots of negates

I much prefer rapid regen to mutagen. Removing one harmful effect is pretty useless in an environment where you have 8 on you at a time. I prefer a stronger heal so you don’t drop into execute range over a small heal when you get there.

Hysteria’s awesome. Go for it. You need something to self peel Templars and melee who’re on you. If a templar finishes their sweeps they’re almost impossible to shake. For me I use disguise which would be useless without it.

Otherwise looks good. It’s always weird seeing builds with CPs because the values look so high. I think I overlooked symbiosis because I destro/resto, the values on Symbiosis does look good. Healthy Offering to burst heal, Symbiosis to offset the health drain. Is Symbiosis a ranged ability with a 2 hander equipped?

P.S. - thinking about it you’re going to be flush with magicka in your build if you use Symbiosis and Healthy Offering a lot. I’d try adding a huge cost magicka ability with a strong effect like cleanse

P.P.S - you have Transmutation as both weapons. Better to break trans on the Ice bar because you’re not healing on that bar. Take a look at the weapons from BRP, etc... and see if there’s one you like that you can incorporate into the build
    Edited by Iskiab on May 2, 2019 9:22PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Front bar: DW (Nirnhooned on main and Sharpened on off hand) Caluurion's Legacy, then Amber Plasm + Physical/Spell resistance monster set + Health monster set.

Back bar: Infused willpower resto staff with weapon damage enchantment.

5,1,1 with default enchanments. 5 max magicka, 1 max stamina, 1 max health.
    Default mag recovery on jewelry mainly because i usually use tri stat food (this time i had Orzorga's Smoked Bear Haunch's buff)
    My spell pen is about 10 K.

Vampire

Skills:
    Front bar: concealed, crippling grasp, lotus fan, fear, merciless and soul harvest.
    Back bar: shadow image, siphoning attacks, shadowy disguise, healing ward, harness and light's champion or soul siphon if you are in a group. (I have the summerset chapter on PC but not on ps4, otherwise i would probably run Temporal guard instead)

Things i would change for next patch:
    I'll probably drop merciless and run inner light for the max magicka, spell crit and mages guild passives.
    Maybe drop harness and run Double Take for the snare removal, not sure. Snares aren't a huge problem if you keep your shadow image at all times and manage to lose them.
    Change backbar ulti to Temporal Guard if Summerset becomes a dlc so i get it for "free" with ESO +

Almost forgot: 4 impen + 3 well fitted

4TKYIIc.jpg

This is fully buffed (without weapon dmg enchantment active though) and Continous attack, but we didn't have the emp bonus nor scrolls one either. We just had a few homekeeps.
    Edited by Vietfox on May 3, 2019 6:38PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve changed my stamblade to a magblade and am going to try a melee/tank focused Magblade.

I’m going to try this:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=132662

No idea if it’ll work, but the idea is a melee tank magblade who perma blocks. Block cost is super low and the mitigation will be really high. Blocking with S&B so my magicka will regen while blocking.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair