The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Other beast races

Chaos2088
Chaos2088
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hey peoples of eso. (-waves franticly-)

So I love the lore in the game, well elder scrolls in general. Pretty much think if you are reading this post on this section of the forums you do to! :)

So in the future of the game would you like to see more of the other beast races found on nirn?

Mine would be the bird people that were in Cyrodiil before men. maybe they fled to an island 🌴 somewhere on nirn (you know wings and all)

What would yours be?
@Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if they count, but I would really, really love to have Centaurs back. They were in Daggerfall, but not seen ever since*. Bring them back, and make them a playable race (I know it's highly unlikely, but what if I say pretty please...?)

*I suspect they fell through that game's buggy ground and didn't know about [Alt]-[F11].
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lilmothiit. I think they would have been such a great race to add to the game.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • Tensar
      Tensar
      ✭✭✭✭
      Imga
      More about minotaurs
      Lilmothits
    • Sjestenka
      Sjestenka
      ✭✭✭
      It would be nice if Imga were shown in some sort of ''Falinesti's back!'' DLC, or if lil' foxheads somehow sneaked in the game, aye. But i'd like them to be just NPCs, some exotic locals like Naga in Murkmire. If players controlled shaved ape men start running around Tamriel it's the end of the world, worse than Planemeld.
      What's this about sentient birds though? Where were they mentioned? Can't remember such creatures. Maybe they're just harpies not smarter than goblins?
    • starkerealm
      starkerealm
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

IIRC, they heavily suggested the Lilmothii are extinct.
    • Number_51
      Number_51
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Sjestenka wrote: »
      It would be nice if Imga were shown in some sort of ''Falinesti's back!'' DLC, or if lil' foxheads somehow sneaked in the game, aye. But i'd like them to be just NPCs, some exotic locals like Naga in Murkmire. If players controlled shaved ape men start running around Tamriel it's the end of the world, worse than Planemeld.
      What's this about sentient birds though? Where were they mentioned? Can't remember such creatures. Maybe they're just harpies not smarter than goblins?

Only mention I recall is in the book about Topal the Pilot, Father of the Niben.

In the 4th fragment (the islands mentioned are where the Imperial City now sits):
      Topal the Pilot was enchanted with the islands
      And the feathered men who lived there.
      There the Niben stayed for a moon, and the bird
      Men learned how to speak their own words,
      And with taloned feet, to write.
      In joy for their new knowledge, they made Topal
      Their lord, giving him their islands for the
      Gift.
      Edited by Number_51 on April 30, 2019 7:16PM
    • ArchMikem
      ArchMikem
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Vastly seconded. It even says the Lilmothiit were prevalent in southern Black Marsh just 30 years prior to the events of the game. WE JUST MISSED THEM. :s
      CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
      Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    • GhostwalkerLD
      GhostwalkerLD
      ✭✭✭✭
      Well, one thing to keep in mind about the "Lore" in Elder Scrolls, which is one of the things I really like about it from a writing perspective, is that there is very little "word of God" to be found! Practically all of the lore that you will find throughout the Elder Scrolls games has been written IN CHARACTER, by NPC scholars, philosophers, or just plain guys from the local pub!

There really is, as such, no good reason to insist that "Well, the "lore" says that Lilmothiit (for example) were all killed! So they're all gone!"

And this is also the reason why I am not at all bothered by the sudden existence of dragons again in the ESO timeline, either. The lore, as described, is perfect for this reason: there is all kinds of wiggle-room for things to be possible, and for what "actually" happened to be quite different from what NPC historians or scholars would write about it.

So, absolutely yes, I would be all in favor of allowing people to play as Lilmothiit, or Imga, or any of the other beast-races, for that matter, to say nothing about finally being able to play as khajiit of different breeds than just Suthay/Suthay-raht (even though I can totally understand, from a gameplay perspective, why it would be an absolute nightmare to have as many as a dozen or more different "breeds" of Khajiit as would technically exist, due to all the different phases of the two moons at their births).

Do I think it will happen? Realistically, no. But I can dream, can't I?
      Edited by GhostwalkerLD on May 7, 2019 12:01PM
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    • RealWhiteGuar
      RealWhiteGuar
      ✭✭
      I definitely want Imga lore, as they are woefully unrepresented.

The bird-people OP mentioned may very well have been the Ayleids wearing feathers in their garb, as Topal the Pilot was an idiot.

While we were given some Sea Sload stuff in Summerset, I'd like to see stuff about Thras. I consider the Sload to be a specialty of mine, and so exploring them more would be rad.
      @RealWhiteGuar | The_White_Guar
      Editor-in-chief
      The Tel Mora Independent Press

Moderator: r/teslore
      Admin: The Dreamsleeve
    • starkerealm
      starkerealm
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Well, one thing to keep in mind about the "Lore" in Elder Scrolls, which is one of the things I really like about it from a writing perspective, is that there is very little "word of God" to be found! Practically all of the lore that you will find throughout the Elder Scrolls games has been written IN CHARACTER, by NPC scholars, philosophers, or just plain guys from the local pub!

There really is, as such, no good reason to insist that "Well, the "lore" says that Lilmothiit (for example) were all killed! So they're all gone!"

And this is also the reason why I am not at all bothered by the sudden existence of dragons again in the ESO timeline, either. The lore, as described, is perfect for this reason: there is all kinds of wiggle-room for things to be possible, and for what "actually" happened to be quite different from what NPC historians or scholars would write about it.

So, absolutely yes, I would be all in favor of allowing people to play as Lilmothiit, or Imga, or any of the other beast-races, for that matter, to say nothing about finally being able to play as khajiit of different breeds than just Suthay/Suthay-raht (even though I can totally understand, from a gameplay perspective, why it would be an absolute nightmare to have as many as a dozen or more different "breeds" of Khajiit as would technically exist, due to all the different phases of the two moons at their births).

Do I think it will happen? Realistically, no. But I can dream, can't I?

In evaluating Elder Scrolls Lore, you need to treat it, sort of, like how you treat real world primary and secondary sources, so things like "who wrote it?" "Is it consistent?" "Is it plausible?" "Is it supported?" Become very important questions. If the answers are yes, then you can probably take it at, more or less, face value.

For example: If you're looking at a book on magic by Divayath Fyr, it's pretty likely the contents are legitimate.

If we were actually encountering Lilmothii in Black Marsh, then, yeah, it'd be a reason to think they're still out there. However, we're not, and the consensus appears to be that they're extinct, so the lit that agrees with that is probably on the nose.