The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Purple Rain

Arcwulf
Arcwulf
Soul Shriven
Daggerfalll Manor has been my 'primary residence' ever since housing came out, and I dont think that will ever change due to the amount of money i've put into it. I call it my "functional" house because it has my mundus stones, target dummies and specialized crafting and transmutation stations in it. In my excitement about new housing, I later purchased Hakkvild's High Hall and Pariah's Pinnacle. Pariah's Pinnacle just never came together for me, and i keep thinking maybe someday ill decorate it. Hakkvild's I spend a lot of time crafting fabricant pine trees and filling up most of the space with that. I love how it looks, but now that its finished, I just never go there- theres no reason to, and people in my guilds cant easily get there because there is only one option to 'travel to player's primary residence', but nothing for secondary residences. Thats when I stopped buying more houses. I dont know about other people, but the 2 main things I use my houses for are crafting and parsing target dummies, and showing off my decorating. All that to say this- I could get a lot more use out of my current houses if we added a new feature. Similar to how I can place the same mounts, pets and storage chests in each house I have, I would like to be able to do the same with mundus stones and crafting stations. Without that, theres just no functionality or reason for me to buy any more houses at $100.00 a pop. Once ive decorated them, all there is to do at those other houses is just... drop by every once in a while and stare at things and then leave 5 minutes later. If they had the same functionality as my primary residence, id be more willing to spend more money to buy them.

My other suggestion is more specific to the Elinhir Private Arena. I love that it has a unique functionality with the dueling arena with hazards. I like the lava out back that can be built over too. My problem is that I saw a video on youtube where someone on the PTS was showcasing the house, and it had this awesome purple rain- the same kind that falls in the city of Elinhir in the game. It was really unique and I was actually excited to buy a new house again! I love environmental differences- which is why I liked the Hircine's house with the orange skies- that one just wasnt enough to induce me to spend cash though. I was really disappointed to find out that the purple rain was patched out though. As I mentioned in the paragraph above, theres really no reason for me to buy new housing when they lack functionality so a house has to be REALLY special to get me to shell out real cash anymore. The battle arena is very cool, but its not enough by itself. The lava lake is very cool, but not enough either. The purple rain by itself isnt enough, but all three together had me wanting to spend more money. I just cant justify it without the rain though. Please bring it back, or at least give me the option to turn it on, and ill swipe my bank card again.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want the purple rain there too!
    It is falling all around just not there, any logic behind that??
    Not really but who cares???
    We care, the payers, so give it back!
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm 🤔 strange...

I have pariah pinnacle and I refuse to decorate it till ZoS gives us some better orc building/structure materials. It's a very hard one to make it feel like a home.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Arcwulf
    Arcwulf
    Soul Shriven
    Wow.. thats awesome. Its not the same rain pattern as the actual elinhir (more of a colored natural rain), but thanks!!
    Edited by Arcwulf on May 5, 2019 4:30AM