The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Fishing & Foraging

KniteShayd
KniteShayd
✭✭
I have a request.
May we please get a boost to both of these, during events that are related to zone celebrations?
For the DLC events we see double harvesting, but nothing to fishing or food mat foraging.

Like, maybe at least a 50% double filet & food loot chance?
A slight increase to trophy fish, gunny sacks, and possible Frost Mirriam/Bervez Juice looting, during those times?
A fishing event every season with dbl RNG chance to get Trophy Fish, maybe? (i.e. Spawning Season, Ice Fishing in the winter, etc)
Can we make Trophy Fish a crafting mat for mounted trophy house items? (Along with Monster Trophy Achievement drops, that never seam to drop...)

:D
Edited by KniteShayd on April 26, 2019 9:18PM
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Then you would make every master angler angry for watering down the effort it takes to get their achievement.

Don't mind this idea though: Can we make Trophy Fish a crafting mat for mounted trophy house items

You would also anger everyone who sells provisioning mats because players would flood the market reducing the already average prices, provisioning stuff sells for.

Provisioning mats are just about everywhere, you just need to take the time to stop and loot containers. As for purple provisioning mats only ever looted them from the occasional heavy stack.

I make over a million in sales consistently each week, without selling any consumable mats or potions/drink/food.

My provisioning/alchemy/enchanting are self sustaining from writs/surveys and hirelings across my alts.
  • prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone's going to be angry over something anyway.That's how MMOs work. I got the Cyro and Summerset fishing achievements before the extra spots were added for ocean and foul and I'm happy knowing that other people don't have to go through that hell. Besides, it'd make those all-foul zones more bearable if the rates were upped a bit.
    Also yes to trophy fish mounts. But ZOS would never. The amount of new models they'd have to make...
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a master angler and could give a crap less if they made it easier for anyone else. Times change. I'd like trophies to show off at my house though and anything ANYTHING at all to make fishing a little more than what it is. Please. Thanks.
  • BrianLovesLisa
    BrianLovesLisa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tbh I wish the drop rates for "rare" fish was lower I don't need a lot of blue and green fish I can't even fillet.
  • KniteShayd
    KniteShayd
    ✭✭
    You can only flood the market with mats, when mats aren't consumable.
    A short time event with an additional chance to get purple provisioning items won't flood the market, since most people aren't going to be bothered by foraging, anyway.
    The market isn't flooded, by other gear mats from non-crafting sources, so why would you think there'd be an imbalance?...
    Since mats aren't a one & done, like gear upgrades that you keep for an extended period of time, it doesn't make sense to make them rarer than other crafting mats.
    You can get gear mats way faster by refining, extracting, gunny sacs, reward containers (like the anniversary event), and hirelings. Consumable mats are way less common through those sources, and once the final product is created, it only lasts for a moment after use. A smaller chance to obtain isn't going to flood the market, since you'd likely use them for yourself.
    Those that are worried about market flooding, are those that are taking advantage of other players, that can't/won't self-sustain; and thusly, are worried about not being able to price gouge...

I'm not asking for the world in easy mode, just a tweek to the current grind.
  • prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps they could introduce a special type of bait, hard to get and non-sellable, that guarantees a blue fish. Maybe you have a small chance to fish it up at any fishing hole but its rarer than the blue fish itself.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps they could introduce a special type of bait, hard to get and non-sellable, that guarantees a blue fish. Maybe you have a small chance to fish it up at any fishing hole but its rarer than the blue fish itself.

New alchemy potion!

Molag Bal's Bodacious Bass Bait: clam gall + powdered mother of pearl + perfect roe = 4 baits (with proper passives of course)
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What they should do is add special event fish to the tables. This would not dilute Master Angler.

As for Nodes they double the harvest in the selected DLCs to get people in the zones. However, this also has the benefit of making all the other zones a bit easier to get. Not sure if they should double for all zones. Harvesting should stay the same as now.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We could at least catch an old wagon wheel or rusty sword once in a while. Things you might actually catch a hook on, maybe even the One Ring to Rule Them All but with stats?
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would really like a fishing event. I mean we got the arteum food already to change the chances a but until now I lacked motivation and I only fish when I see someone fishing at a spot. So yes I would welcome an event, the only thing is that then spots would be fished empty very fast - but well tamriel is quite big and instances and stuff so I am not sure if it would be disruptive.
    PC-EU @lientier
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make Hissmir Fish Eye Rye decrease the cast time since it’s a useless recipe now anyway and improve wet gunnysacks to be like a half amount Psijic portal.
    Edited by max_only on May 10, 2019 5:29AM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can the caught baits actually do something different? Like give you a % chance of catching two fish on one cast? Something? Anything? Otherwise why do they exist when they do nothing different from the gathered bait?
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can the caught baits actually do something different? Like give you a % chance of catching two fish on one cast? Something? Anything? Otherwise why do they exist when they do nothing different from the gathered bait?

always wondered if that was the initial idea
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just more items to dilute the "loot" pool forcing longer game play for those who are striving for the Master Angler achievement.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)