Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

WTB CRAFTING WRIT QUEST BOARDS AND CHESTS FOR HOUSING

BIackHand
BIackHand
✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_GaryA

I beg you guys pls sell them in the crownstore for placing them in my house. I dont care what the price is... Take all my money.

People will tryhard the crownstore for them and new charslots aswell and you guys get your money.

GREETINGS
Edited by BIackHand on April 27, 2019 8:23AM
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I´ll support this idea. Go for it ZOS :smile:
    Edited by actosh on April 26, 2019 7:02PM
  • david_m_18b16_ESO
    david_m_18b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wjen everything find its wau to instanced house the city get empty and MMOs start to feel like solo game with an interface to get a random group together.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wjen everything find its wau to instanced house the city get empty and MMOs start to feel like solo game with an interface to get a random group together.

And they said at the London event Turelus posted an update from this is why they don't want this stuff in homes.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • JadeCoin
    JadeCoin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

And they said at the London event Turelus posted an update from this is why they don't want this stuff in homes.

The logic is only sound if no one goes to town for traders, guild bank access, guild store access, respec shrines, Werewolf and Vampire cures, pledges, Mages Guild/Fighters Guild/Undaunted joining and quests, zone quest givers, boss and delve daily quest givers, riding training, pack merchants, Thieves guild quests, Dark Brotherhood quests, Murkmire daily quests, fences, achievement and holiday furnishing merchants, general furnishing merchants, the Impresario, the Bequeather, holiday events, or dueling.
  • Carl-lan
    Carl-lan
    ✭✭✭✭
    You could put the boards in the houses. It wouldn’t make a difference to the city populations. You still need to go into town to turn them in. Most people would just do them in towns to avoid porting.
  • JadeCoin
    JadeCoin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Carl-lan wrote: »
    You could put the boards in the houses. It wouldn’t make a difference to the city populations. You still need to go into town to turn them in. Most people would just do them in towns to avoid porting.

I'd be fine with this also. Right now the cost of transporting out of your home (for drop off) if you just traveled from a town (for pick up) is punitively high, and many of the more beautiful homes are nowhere near wayshrines.

ZOS, please give us a reason to actually use our homes. We enjoy spending time in them after they've been decorated, and the feeling of incurring a direct penalty for crafting in them is one reason why I don't, and won't in future, buy houses with Crowns.
  • BIackHand
    BIackHand
    ✭✭✭
    Carl-lan wrote: »

Thats a really good point haha. Just Edited to ''WTB CRAFTING WRIT QUEST BOARDS AND CHESTS FOR HOUSING''
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JadeCoin wrote: »

The logic is only sound if no one goes to town for traders, guild bank access, guild store access, respec shrines, Werewolf and Vampire cures, pledges, Mages Guild/Fighters Guild/Undaunted joining and quests, zone quest givers, boss and delve daily quest givers, riding training, pack merchants, Thieves guild quests, Dark Brotherhood quests, Murkmire daily quests, fences, achievement and holiday furnishing merchants, general furnishing merchants, the Impresario, the Bequeather, holiday events, or dueling.

Not really true, as for many the only things the only thing they go to towns for once leveled is guild bank/store and writs (which you can get to from any town with a bank)

I'm fully leveled and Mainly PvP i also avoid main towns like the plague. About the only must is the rededication shrine, and pledges if you bother with them so i think they are right, its an MMO after all, numbers would reduce.

Dont get me wrong If i could buy a guild bank assistant id happily spend the crowns on it (asked for that for an age) to make guild house our hub as have everything else but they are 100% right as with that we would all be in towns way less.

If the writ board request is about QoL my bigger request is for surveys to go back to being dropped in the zone you dropped off at, I'm sat in 100+ surveys as just can't be bothered looking up all the locations.

I'm not saying the request is wrong, ut I'm concuring they are right, they want folks in towns
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Carl-lan
    Carl-lan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t honestly think you’d see a huge difference in population. Not everyone would buy them and like I said above if you got only the boards, you’d need to go into town anyway to turn them in.

But even if you could turn them in at houses, there are plenty of daily quests in towns that people go to, and guild stores, master wrists, and as you said rededication signs, pledges, trials, people looking for groups etc. Events also drag people into them. Lots of people just randomly hang out there too.

Writs take like what, 2 minutes in Summerset? I’m still finding myself in main towns all the time for a lot longer than that. I understand where you’re coming from though and that’s probably their thinking too.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Buy Captain Margaux's place.

Writ boards right outside the door, and then a nice stroll through the delightful city of Daggerfall to deliver your items.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • JadeCoin
    JadeCoin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not really true, as for many the only things the only thing they go to towns for once leveled is guild bank/store and writs (which you can get to from any town with a bank)

I'm fully leveled and Mainly PvP i also avoid main towns like the plague. About the only must is the rededication shrine, and pledges if you bother with them so i think they are right, its an MMO after all, numbers would reduce.

A lot of players I know don't craft or, if they do, they craft for their gear, not for writs. Whereas the dedicated crafters will still be visiting town regularly, because crafting and guild traders go hand-in-hand.

All my thief characters visit towns to pickpocket and fence every day. I also do dailies in the towns to farm motifs and sell them. These activities are popular with crafters because you collect and trade furnishing plans and motifs this way, and they require crafters to travel into towns. I also visit the Master Crafting Writ Vendor often.

In other words, I'd still be in the towns a lot if I had this feature, and I think other crafters would, too. I doubt that my 20-minute absence to complete my writs would decimate the population. It seems like fear-mongering to me.
  • JadeCoin
    JadeCoin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Buy Captain Margaux's place.

Writ boards right outside the door, and then a nice stroll through the delightful city of Daggerfall to deliver your items.

Captain Margaux's is super cute, definitely. This is a practical solution, but it's a solution to the wrong problem.

I'd really like a reason to build a big, beautiful house, and the only reason that could justify the expense would be to spend time in it. The fact that a small house like Captain Margaux's, which costs very little gold, is -- as you point out -- more useful and "valuable" as a residence than the larger, more costly homes in the Crown Store, really only goes to show that there's a problem with the system.
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't see a problem with it.

Don't really think it will impact town populations either. I have 14 characters, 13 of which never leave Alinor's crafting area anymore, they do their writs deposit the goodies into my bankers assistants inventory, for my main to sort through later.

All that will happen is all those alts will end up in my house instead of in Alinor for 5 minutes each day, especially if we get the turn in points as well as the notice boards.

My main will still go to town, visit stores, get quests, go to shrines, post listings at the bank for guild store etc..

All you will miss out on is the parade of my alts going back and forth on their circuit from the writ notice boards, to the crafting stations and then the turn in point, for an hour or so a day.

That said I would buy the crowns with gold not paying real money for something that is readily available in the game. Would much rather a higher max character limit, to increase the size of my fictional fortune.

Just hope they don't go overboard like SWTOR there subscriber max character cap has gone up to 100 per server.
  • Wise_Will
    Wise_Will
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, please add Stablemaster to the houses too :)
    XBOX EU/PC EU
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alinor is fairly efficient for doing crafting dailies. Much harder in other locations in my experience.

It would be almost perfect if Curtaros would stop his horrible song though....
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd totally pay for this cause I dont have to deal with long load screens cause of other players and two, the convenience of having the writ acceptance board, turn in, and crafting tables all in one small area.

Might make the game anti social but I just want to do these writs quick and painlessly. Or make an option where you can character switch without having to have load screens into that...
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah...it's unfortunate that housing is just about decorating and not actually using your houses. I created some nice crafting areas in my first couple of homes, but they go unused. We can buy crafting stations from the MW vendor, but they're really of no use, unless they are the set stations (and those add up).

I tried picking up writs and doing them in my homes, but the load times are prohibitive. I've even stopped porting my characters back to their houses when I was done with them, as porting back out to pick up and do writs was still eating up too much time.

If they would make it so that pets are auto-despawned in towns, that would help tremendously, as I hate navigating all the flappers and bears to get at crafting stations and writ turn-ins.

Plus, as others have said, there are so many reasons to go to towns. And, this would be a convenience for my ALTS, who I'm only logging in with to do their writs, anyway. My main is in town all the time for trading and other questing.

Plus, if it were a CS-only item, not everyone would buy it. Not everyone has the banker or merchant, as they don't see a reason to pay real money for something they can easily do in game. This would be similar.

If they aren't going to offer this, then it'll mean that I stop designing crafting areas in future homes, will probably not worry about decorating any homes outside of the ones I've already purchased, and just not use them once decorated. There's no reason to go to your homes outside of storing items. There are mundus stones and set stations, of course, but there's no need to have those if you have a guild hall with those items. For PvPers, you can set up a dueling arena, I guess.

So, houses are just for decorating and storing stuff. Got it.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on May 2, 2019 9:03PM
  • BIackHand
    BIackHand
    ✭✭✭
    bumb
  • Shorayel
    Shorayel
    ✭✭✭
    Doing Writs in the own house would be great.

I would also like to see some day the possibility to plant and harvest the alchemy plants etc. in my home.
    PC-EU and NA
    Mag Temp DD/Tank
  • agn231
    agn231
    ✭✭✭
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Jingleclaw
    Jingleclaw
    ✭✭✭
    yes pls