The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Leveling a second max char

lukoi
lukoi
✭✭✭
So I've reached 50 (and about 380 CP) on my first character and finally have him generally outfitted and skilled the way I want.

The itch to start a new character is on me, and I wanted to know how CP works when you level a new character. I'm under the impression (maybe I'm wrong) that CP is account wide.

If that's the case, does that mean that the CP are there waiting for me to apply when I hit level 50 on the next character or does that character have to earn the xp for the CP same way as the first?
  • Zavijah
    Zavijah
    ✭✭✭
    As soon as you create a new character, allocate CP straight away.

Have one of each, go wild. Take advantage of the double XP currently.

While you won't earn more CP on any character that is under 50. Which it is at max, it'll start contributing to account wide CP.
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    Nice. So leveling additional characters should actually be easier as they gain the CP benefits even at low level!
  • JadeCoin
    JadeCoin
    ✭✭✭✭
    lukoi wrote: »
    Nice. So leveling additional characters should actually be easier as they gain the CP benefits even at low level!

Yes. As a low-level character with CP, you do more damage and can survive larger mobs, so you earn XP faster from kills.
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent, thanks folks!
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure you start horse training right away too, @lukoi.

Unless, of course, you’re ok dropping some crowns on riding lessons ...
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭

Good point. I have four mounts so started horse training on three alts recently. Guess I need to get some more mounts and set up alts for those as well lol.

So many efficiencies ya gotta discover in this game!
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lukoi wrote: »

Good point. I have four mounts so started horse training on three alts recently. Guess I need to get some more mounts and set up alts for those as well lol.

So many efficiencies ya gotta discover in this game!

Just to make sure you know this - any mounts, pets or any other collection items you get can be used by any of your characters independently, all your characters can use the same mount at once if you want. The riding training is for the character, not for the specific mount.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    I didnt thanks. Time to put my ponies on rotation!