The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Scroll Scribing Consumable Aspect based skill line

Wyngrig
Wyngrig
Soul Shriven
Hi everyone!
Have read many of your ideas about being a Scribe. Decided to propose some of my thoughts.
Since we already did cover some ideas, I wanted to introduce some of my as well as to cover or mention old ones.

First of all materials.
In my opinion, it should be more challenging to acquire materials for scribing. Like more challenging refining like in case with jewelry crafting rosins and traits.

Azurephoenix999 already mentioned about types of paper: »
Materials

Parchment [Level]:
Soggy Parchment (1-20)
Cheap Parchment (21-30)
Well-Made Parchment (31-40)
Fine Parchment (41-50)
Luxury Parchment (CP1-CP100)
Nightwood Parchment (CP101-CP159)
Ruby Ash Parchment (CP160)

Seals [Level] can indicate the potency of scroll:
Homemade wax Seal (1-20) Simple effect/spell
Common Seal (21-30) Moderate effect/spell
Merchant Seal (31-40) Adept effect/spell
Noble Seal (41-50) Advanced effect/spell
Temple Seal (CP1-100) Superior Effect/spell
Daedric Seal (CP101-159) Epic Effect/spell
Aetheric Seal (CP160) Legendary Effect/spell

Ink: <- Can be acquired through various means, for each purpose, but in different regions
Summons: Daedric Blood ink, can be located Coldharbour, or other Daedric Planes
Combat (combat enhancing/healing): Octopus, seas, rare drops
Crafting: Gold ink, Since crafting scrolls are already introduced in the game, they can drop in daily writs rewards
Class ability: Liquid Starlight. This ability is looking great on paper, but difficult to implement. So other class ability can be used by the other, like NightBlade utilizing Sorcerers Daedric traps, or Warden using Ardent Flame. It has a potential but requires heavy balancing and consideration, due to potential abuse. Ink can be dropped in Trials.
Misc: (Very rare) Aetherial ink Like Mara's Pledge, Lycanthropy Cure, Name Change, Race Change - Can be found rare on world bosses

*There may be various documents that are going that might form a transfer of ownership of houses or other things. Scrolls can be researched, in order to attain knowledge of a particular spell. Also, books that can contribute to the progression of crafting/combat skill line, but in order to prevent unstoppable and uneven leveling books can be called reprint and have a certain cooldown for skill progression. To make it more challenging and rewarding crafting will require time to craft a scroll, as well "refresh" memory about some details, like in Skyrim, if you are getting to jail your skills were decreasing.

There are many other elements that can be included, share your thoughts. Constructive criticism is appreciated:)