The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My first full house has begun.

CMDR_Un1k0rn
CMDR_Un1k0rn
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I wanted to share my first small house project: Captain Margaux's Place.

I utterly adore the city of Daggerfall, so buying this home was a no-brainer. I was very lucky to yesterday find the Imperial style book, and today sold it for a healthy sum: Needless to say, it was more than the 56k gold needed for the house.

The aim of this house is for it to be a common dwelling for all my characters, and I've placed it as my main home. As such, bunks are in order. Below is a screenshot of the start of the journey. I will update this thread over time. All furniture was crafted by me, with the exception of the fire and music box:

wHQERio.png

I hope you can join me in the long journey ahead. :)
In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great start! I can see it's a project you really want to get just right! I'll be watching to see how with a few rugs and decortaions this home will come to life, feel more lived in. Looking forward to seeing where you take this.

Keep up the good work! :)
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
    You've probable seen, there are new floor boards coming with Elsweyr that will allow you put in a really nice mezzanine floor in that house
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a great start :)
    Never thought of making a communal house, but after seeing this I might give it a try.
    And as Zypheran mentioned, you can use planks / boards in the taller houses to make a mezzanine.
    I added one to Autumn's Gate and it adds a full Bedroom which is like an additional 1/3rd space available.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
    You've probable seen, there are new floor boards coming with Elsweyr that will allow you put in a really nice mezzanine floor in that house

Certainly worth looking at. :)
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Added a barrel rack, carpet, bench, pets & trophies from my adventures:

GCMYWP7.png
    4Bv4crZ.png
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice job! Cool to see it coming together. I haven't bought that house yet, largely because I'm not that much of a fan of the Breton style. I do, however, own Ravenhurst, which I've not done much with yet.

I will say that for me, none of my houses have ever been completely finished. Well, I think Velothi Reverie (my very first home!) is pretty much done now, and I bought it when Homestead launched. It's been a long journey with that one, and the home has gone through many iterations. I've changed out the basement twice now, and swapped the rooms on the first floor. And, I've redone both bedrooms on the second floor a few times.

I think that's the fun part of housing - adding new things as you acquire them; rearranging things when you get a new/better idea, etc. The not so fun part is running out of slots and not being able to fully realize your vision. That shouldn't be a problem with your house, though, since it's a small home with no exterior space.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Nice job! Cool to see it coming together. I haven't bought that house yet, largely because I'm not that much of a fan of the Breton style. I do, however, own Ravenhurst, which I've not done much with yet.

I will say that for me, none of my houses have ever been completely finished. Well, I think Velothi Reverie (my very first home!) is pretty much done now, and I bought it when Homestead launched. It's been a long journey with that one, and the home has gone through many iterations. I've changed out the basement twice now, and swapped the rooms on the first floor. And, I've redone both bedrooms on the second floor a few times.

I think that's the fun part of housing - adding new things as you acquire them; rearranging things when you get a new/better idea, etc. The not so fun part is running out of slots and not being able to fully realize your vision. That shouldn't be a problem with your house, though, since it's a small home with no exterior space.

That's exactly it. This little cottage is going to keep me entertained for a very long time. That's why I love ESO housing.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've decided I'm going to revamp the project. I've had a new idea.

It's a shame we can't buy multiple instances of the same house.