The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Elemental Spell Skins

docstrawb
docstrawb
✭✭✭
I'd like to have element skins. What i mean is, say for example you are a templar using a destro staff. You could get a skin that makes your lightning/ fire/ice effects glow yellow to fit the priest aesthetic. Someone wanting a daedric look could get a blue coldharbour look. Most importantly, the reason i bring it up is when necromancer drops. It'd be awesome to be able to make all of my effects share that sweet necromantic green color. I'm sure I'm not the first person with this idea. Seems like a good one though.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Everything that adds variety to the game is a good addition. Would love to have a water/maormer reskin for my sorc skills.
  • docstrawb
    docstrawb
    ✭✭✭
    The possibilities are endless.
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah there's like 70 other forum posts. It would probably take a VERY long time to implement this and an even longer time to actually create the skins.

There were posts like companions for wardens (Bear) changing into a Panther or some other animal like that.

Same with the Imp and Matriach for Sorcerers.

Not just companions though but stuff like this: Cold Blue Flames for Dragonknights. Dark Light for Templars etc

Edit: I'm not saying they'll never exist but it will just take a long time.
    Edited by MagicalLija on April 24, 2019 1:38PM
  • docstrawb
    docstrawb
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I don't know the dev side but it seems possible in my layman eyes, lol. Most ppl probably wouldn't care if it were client side if that made it easier. I just know daddy want. 😀
  • Lady_Sleepless
    Lady_Sleepless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden pets and Sorc pets skins should be more of a thing, especially as we already have the grey bear skin.