The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mai'q The Liar: Origin?

Indoril_Nerevar
Indoril_Nerevar
✭✭✭
I am very, very curious to know the origin of this fellow Khajiit.

Who are his people? Where did he come from and why is he so special?

How does he come to live for so long, or know such things that one should typically not?
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No one is quite sure but my personal favorite theory is that he's some aspect or incarnation of Rahjin, the khajiit trickster god.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mai'q The Liar: Origin?

My guess is that one of the lore writers has a friend named Mike that always has the urge to inflate his stories with things that never really happened.

But that's most likely not the answer you wanted to here ...
    shades.gif
  • Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    In Morrowind he addressed oft-requested features which weren't included in the game. Same general idea in Oblivion.
  • Tensar
    Tensar
    ✭✭✭✭
    He is not really in the lore, it's just a joke.
  • Gherkin
    Gherkin
    Soul Shriven
    He lives the age of a normal Khajiit. M'aiq's father was named M'aiq, as was his father before him, a bit like a mantle; in the Crow's Wood public dungeon Crow Court you can find a flute addressed "To M'aiq from his father, M'aiq". Though the M'aiq in ESO said that his father was called Qia'm, he is unsure of this, as his father was a notorious liar...
  • LapisLazuli99
    LapisLazuli99
    ✭✭✭
    I am very, very curious to know the origin of this fellow Khajiit.

Who are his people? Where did he come from and why is he so special?

How does he come to live for so long, or know such things that one should typically not?

It's confirmed in games that M'aiq names his son M'aiq names his son M'aiq and so on.
    Xbox One - NA
    GT - Lapis Lazuli 99

AD - Orc Dragonknight
    AD - Breton Sorcerer
    AD - High Elf Nightblade
    AD - High Elf Templar
    AD - Wood Elf Warden
    AD - Khajiit Necromancer
    AD - High Elf Arcanist
  • RealWhiteGuar
    RealWhiteGuar
    ✭✭
    M'aiq, son of M'aiq?

Shor, son of Shor?

Clan Mother Ahnissi gives us this:
    And they said, "We curse you, noisy Lorkhaj, to walk Nirni for many phases."

Seems to me M'aiq is a lesser aspect of Lorkhaj/Lorkhan/Shor, wandering Mundus and exploring the world he created.
    @RealWhiteGuar | The_White_Guar
    Editor-in-chief
    The Tel Mora Independent Press

Moderator: r/teslore
    Admin: The Dreamsleeve
  • Indoril_Nerevar
    Indoril_Nerevar
    ✭✭✭
    M'aiq, son of M'aiq?

Shor, son of Shor?

Clan Mother Ahnissi gives us this:
    And they said, "We curse you, noisy Lorkhaj, to walk Nirni for many phases."

Seems to me M'aiq is a lesser aspect of Lorkhaj/Lorkhan/Shor, wandering Mundus and exploring the world he created.

Interesting.
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d love it if M’aiq was a shezarrine.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tensar wrote: »
    He is not really in the lore, it's just a joke.

He's in the game, he's in the lore. Joke or not.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Padomai’q