The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Why dragons have no shouts :\

Lyserus
Lyserus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
On PTS the dragons don't "shout" most of their skills (for wild ones at least, haven't try the trial), there is only 2 occasions they shout ( one is the first word of unrelenting force shout, the other is 2 words of the firy breath shout I think), on other occasions (different type of fire breath, creature summons etc) they are just silent, don't shout and don't say anything in tamrelic language
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely heard one of the Dragon 'Dolmen' dragons shout Fus Ro Dah in a Alcast stream
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • Deloth_Vyrr
    Deloth_Vyrr
    ✭✭✭
    Been running Sunspire a fair bit and I noticed this too. Maybe I'm just not hearing it with all the other noise/mechanics going on, but I am *pretty sure* the Dragon bosses haven't been "shouting" their flame breath attacks and such.
    <Twin-Moons Covenant> PC NA
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Voice of Reason
    Shadow Breaker
    Flawless Conqueror
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cheap basic version. wait for extended version with shouts in store
  • Conduit0
    Conduit0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that these dragons use shouts at all already put them ahead of Skyrim dragons, the vast majority of which didn't shout at all.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lyserus, why are you not posting this feedback in PTS forums?

The devs are more likely to see it there ... since it’s relevant to the new Update.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on April 23, 2019 7:53PM
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes they do. I heard Fus Ro Dah clearly while playing in PTS a couple of times (I admit I geeked out lol).

But I was playing with a friend and asked her and she didn't hear anything. My guess is that the WB has the same problem as Dolmens when you can't hear Molag's lines. It also has a problem with music not starting. I left my feedback in the PTS forum.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing that bugs me about them shouting on the PTS is, the shouts don't match. They'll Fus Ro Dah and sometimes it'll be unrelenting force, other times it'll be their summon effect or something else.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible they just haven't gotten all the dialogue in yet? This is unfinished content after all and I've come across several NPCs with no voice acting for their dialogue, or where the text and the voice acting doesn't match, and of course a lot where the talking animations aren't in yet.

I've not done many of the dragon fights yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if they're getting the actual combat mechanics sorted before they hook up voice acting for it.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • deadsheepb14_ESO
    deadsheepb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    essi2 wrote: »
    Definitely heard one of the Dragon 'Dolmen' dragons shout Fus Ro Dah in a Alcast stream

EPIC! \o/ I might have to reinstall Skyrim.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Conduit0 wrote: »
    The fact that these dragons use shouts at all already put them ahead of Skyrim dragons, the vast majority of which didn't shout at all.

Fire Breath and Frost breath were Shouts
    But Dragons in general should have used WAY more than those
  • Conduit0
    Conduit0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iccotak wrote: »

Fire Breath and Frost breath were Shouts
    But Dragons in general should have used WAY more than those

When I say shout, I mean using the actual words, not just roaring with magical halitosis.
  • Seleval
    Seleval
    ✭✭✭
    The dragon in sunspire do shout!
    Yol Toor Shul and Krii Lun Aus (marked for death) for example
    Also noticed another shout similar to krii lun aus, and would translate it with
    Kill Suffer Eternity but my friend and i arent sure about that yet
    PC/EU
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Dragons you see in the wild DO Shout, though. They mostly seem to use two or three from what I've seen, but like someone else has said, this IS all in the PTS. Remember how last week all the wild Dragons were red, and now this week I've seen at least one other color. I imagine we'll see more stuff added as the weeks pass. What I hope to see happen is different colored Dragons using different Shouts. Or heck, have a pool of like twenty Shouts that any wild Dragon can pull from. That would keep encounters in the wild from being 100% telegraphed.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The dragons definitely shout. I have heard them in streams with players doing the new trial and also know that they do during the new dragon events.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do love how all of the dragon's language is power.

One hell of an argument
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Curtdogg47
    Curtdogg47
    ✭✭✭✭
    These dragons will use LAG which is way more powerful than shouting!
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That reminds, the shouts weren't showing up in the chatbox. :\ That would make it easier to tell if they're bugged or just supposed to be absent.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    essi2 wrote: »

Yep, he even let it hit him and it sent you flying
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm surprised they actually do shout here. Since I wondered if dragons actually need to "shout" their shouts, considering they never do in Skyrim. They just roar and breath frost/fire/lightning. :|
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Rygonix
    Rygonix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand the attack where he just quietly burps up a small fireball that one shots you.
    Ceres Des Mortem-Dark Elf Templar, EP
    PC-NA
  • Ethoir
    Ethoir
    ✭✭✭
    They definitely shout.

Heard Fus Ro Dah and Yol Tor Shul often enough in the Dragon "Dolmens", plus one or two others I had trouble identifying.

Aar(?) Bein (Bel?) Gaan (Gaar?) popped up a few times too, sounded like "mor be gone" or some such. It summoned Fire Atronachs, Lava Golems, or Fire Wraiths.

And the other I heard a lot but couldn't identify had the effect of summoning spikes of burning rock out of the ground.

I kind of hope to eventually find audio clips of the shouts without the sounds of battle muddying it up.
    Participant in the Sanguine's Tester beta group since November 2013.