The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Groups were just fine before dungeon finder came along

• Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole community managed to form groups for pledges just by using the /zone chat
    I am tired of the broken function and the silence in zone chat. Guilds cannot always form groups but if the group finder did not exist people woud socialize and group up instead of trying to queue.

Simply remove the function

nothing is stopping you to do that

I for one like to have the option to use the groupfinder - no one forces you

Looking for trials in zone chat is enough for me - otherwise it would get cluttered... i would even welcome a trial finder.

This attitude of many people that seems to be so on vogue nowadays is really beyond me:

"I dont like to use this completly optional thing so i want to prevent everyone else from using it too"

same thing you see in the sjw community with regards to tv shows, movies, games etc...

I dont like this game - so no one shall play it
    I dont like this movie - so no one shall watch it

just do you and let us do us
    Options
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The whole community managed to form groups for pledges just by using the /zone chat
    I am tired of the broken function and the silence in zone chat. Guilds cannot always form groups but if the group finder did not exist people woud socialize and group up instead of trying to queue.

nothing is stopping you to do that

I for one like to have the option to use the groupfinder - no one forces you

Looking for trials in zone chat is enough for me - otherwise it would get cluttered... i would even welcome a trial finder.

This attitude of many people that seems to be so on vogue nowadays is really beyond me:

"I dont like to use this completly optional thing so i want to prevent everyone else from using it too"

same thing you see in the sjw community with regards to tv shows, movies, games etc...

I dont like this game - so no one shall play it
    I dont like this movie - so no one shall watch it

just do you and let us do us

It doesnt work
    Options
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Someone declined your offer to comment
    Options
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only real change I would like, is a min level for DLC dungeons both normal and vet in the random group finder(you want to group up and attempt them at lower levels go right ahead).

When I queue as a tank and get something like Scalecaller peak or the wolf hunter dungeons, I don't want to have to slog through the dungeon or fail to complete it because I have been given group members who are in the high level 40's or below CP160, who can't even survive the ads let alone the bosses and boss mechanics.

I got no problem carrying one low level party member but not a whole low level party, a tank should never do more damage than someone queuing as a DPS.

I won't abandon groups right away I will see how they go with the first few bosses but I won't hang around in a dungeon for hours just because I get a group of enthusiastic, lower level players who don't care about wiping over and over, got better things to do with my game time.

that's my 2 cents.
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking at all the problems with finder under load its much smarter to try to make groups in guild.
    it also tend to be an far more enjoyable run.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • kwando
    kwando
    ✭✭✭

Silence in /zone ? What are you blind?
    Options
  • kwando
    kwando
    ✭✭✭
    bmnoble wrote: »
    The only real change I would like, is a min level for DLC dungeons both normal and vet in the random group finder(you want to group up and attempt them at lower levels go right ahead).

When I queue as a tank and get something like Scalecaller peak or the wolf hunter dungeons, I don't want to have to slog through the dungeon or fail to complete it because I have been given group members who are in the high level 40's or below CP160, who can't even survive the ads let alone the bosses and boss mechanics.

I got no problem carrying one low level party member but not a whole low level party, a tank should never do more damage than someone queuing as a DPS.

I won't abandon groups right away I will see how they go with the first few bosses but I won't hang around in a dungeon for hours just because I get a group of enthusiastic, lower level players who don't care about wiping over and over, got better things to do with my game time.

that's my 2 cents.

Wait so you are talking about normal dungeons where -160cp joins you and you get angry?
    Really dude go suck a ***.
    Options
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sp1dHQ wrote: »
    Artim_X wrote: »
    Dungeon finder works fine... most of the time. If I tank it's instant, if I heal I'll probably get something in 10 minutes, and if I'm DPS I'll do something to pass the time (30+ minute wait especially for a specific dungeon).

Nice story, but unfortunately in this happens only outside of primetime. In the evening even as a tank you will spam F button for 30 min to get into dungeon.

I've never had to wait 30 minutes or even 10 minutes to get into a dungeon as a tank except on the PTS due to the lack of people using the dungeon finder. I have tanked quite often throughout the day and even on prime time the queue is essentially instant. One of the benefits of the tank role is that if you suspect something is amiss you can safely drop queue and requeue without wasting too much time due to the lack of tanks who want to pug dungeons via the finder. I think out of the many dungeons I've run this year I've only ever had to drop queue twice, since something was clearly wrong. However, like I said it works most of the time at least on PC NA.
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
    Options
  • Soulgirl
    Soulgirl
    ✭✭
    I also am of the opinion that trials should be in group finder.
    People that have less time to play or are more casual in nature, would sure appreciate being able to enjoy all the content.
    I for one play since beta, PS4 for 2 plus years, xbox also and now back to PC, and I never had the chance to be in trials.
    Might not be the popular opinion but I'm sure there's lots of people that would love to be able to queue for trials. Even if for a lower difficulty, and leave the harder stuff for the hardcore players.
    PC player on EU server.
    Options
  • todokete
    todokete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never done a trial or arena in 2 years I've been playing. I won't unless they add it to the finder
    Options
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soulgirl wrote: »
    People that have less time to play or are more casual in nature, would sure appreciate being able to enjoy all the content.
    I for one play since beta, PS4 for 2 plus years, xbox also and now back to PC, and I never had the chance to be in trials.
    Might not be the popular opinion but I'm sure there's lots of people that would love to be able to queue for trials. Even if for a lower difficulty, and leave the harder stuff for the hardcore players.

So often you see groups of 8/9 calling for extras in zone, for what seems like ages. Or individuals asking if there are any groups. This would be a great addition and it doesn't take away from full 12 man preformed. Vet queue would likely rarely be used though... but even if this is just for normal, it would be beneficial to the wider player-base.

Jumping into a random trial would be scary, and fun :smile:
    Edited by mairwen85 on April 24, 2019 1:47PM
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mairwen85 wrote: »
    Soulgirl wrote: »

So often you see groups of 8/9 calling for extras in zone, for what seems like ages. Or individuals asking if there are any groups. This would be a great addition and it doesn't take away from full 12 man preformed. Vet queue would likely rarely be used though... but even if this is just for normal, it would be beneficial to the wider player-base.

Jumping into a random trial would be scary, and fun :smile:
    Remember we was doing the 3 normal craglorn trials. Tips here is to do AA first as if some drops out you can do the other two with 11. And obviously some dropped out on AA during the run, smooth run so might be disconnect but pretty late and none wanted to join. Asked in guild, some level 40 asked that trials was, you find out was the answer, most of guild is here :)
    we only needed an body to stand on an pressure plate after all.

Poor guy was a bit shell shocked, don't think he had done any group dungeons :)
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Tasear wrote: »
    😐 I remember those days....

"LF Healer Templar only"

Nope I like the current system.

I healed leaderboard runs in trials on a Sorc. I healed all 6 vet dungeons on a Sorc, regularly, and the vet dungeons added early in the game. No issues finding groups.

😜 I have more than a Sorc now. My point was before they fixed group finder things were just nasty for someone learning.

That is only with some groups, if we are talking about 4 man dungeons. If you are in a decent guild you can avoid all that to begin with. When forming for dungeon runs in my raid guild no one asks or cares what you are healing on, as long as you can do some dps, lol

I don't understand what we are debating here. I simple stand by group finder has being asset and it has improved gaming experience on eso for myself and others
    Edited by Tasear on April 24, 2019 1:56PM
    Options
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adding trials and arenas would be great. I pug normal trials anyway.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    todokete wrote: »
    No. Add trials to Finder

Reheating an old post, enjoy:
    I'd rather spend hours looking for a group that can actually clear a trial than spend three ****ing hours in nHoF because the ****ing healer can't do their ******* job, and that ******** khajiit would actually listen to the mechanics instead of just saying, "boobies," and giggling, at irregular intervals.

Look, if you haven't actually run trials yet, I fully understand where you're coming from. As someone who's cleared every normal trial in the game, and a few on vet... no, you do not want this.

I know you think you do. This sounds really appealing on the outside looking in, but Trials require way more coordination than dungeons. It's not just paying attention to mechanics, it's organizing your team. Here's a few examples:

HRC: After clearing the first boss, you need to split your group into two pieces. A tank, a healer, and four DPS need to go with both groups. (Only, because it's group finder, one of your "tanks" is a snipe spammer in medium armor. RIP.)

AA: You need to get everyone on the pads. You need a tank in the middle with three DPS. You need a healer on both sides, and DPS with them. Honestly, this is hard enough to orchestrate with new players who are serious about coordinating. I don't even want to think about the pad mechanic in a PUG. I'm also not even thinking about AA boss mechanics, because that is the only faceroll trial otherwise.

SO: My first though is, hey, you might actually be able to pug this... then I remembered the poison mechanics. That would be hilarious in a GF PUG, and not in a good way.

MoL: *Psychotic laughter* Okay, so, normally the Twins aren't a stumbling block for an experienced group, but for a PUG? Let me explain. The room has a line of candles across the middle. On either end of the candle line is a boss. A tank, healer, and four DPS sneaks across the room, between the bosses, and sets up there. Now, the tank must aggro (but not taunt) one of the bosses, then taunt the other one. At the same time the other tank needs to taunt (at range) the untaunted boss. This is when you learn your second GF tank doesn't know what taunts are. And, for more fun and games, at various points in the fight your tanks will need to trade bosses. Also, if any player from one side approaches a player from the other, they'll both detonate, killing one another and probably instigating a wipe. And... we're not even done.

MoL Continued: *More psychotic laughter.* Okay, somehow you got through the twins, and made your way to the final boss. At various phases in the fight you need to send three runners (technically two can do the job if they really know the paths), who will venture out of the boss fight, where they must kill six hidden ritualistic, before they wipe the group. I've seen relatively competent players get confused on this point causing wipes.

*Sixty-Three wipes later*

HoF: So, that three hour thing wasn't a random scenario I pulled out of a hat; that happened to me. The other tank was CR153 (remember this, you're going to queue into a trial with level 20s who have no CP), the healer and at least one of the DPS were utter spazzes. Why do I bring this up? Because one player can cause wipes in HoF.

The first boss you encounter is actually a pair. You need to split them up, and then the tanks rotate them back and forth allowing the DPS to burn one and then switching off. While this is happening, the DPS are being mauled by poison. Also, because this isn't enough fun.

The second boss is in the same room. In this fight, at various times, you'll need to send four DPS to the upper platform, where they can disable an enemy and reset a system before coming back down. Surprise, turns out if anyone's DPS is low, when they go up, they'll kill the entire group. You can also accidentally kill yourself up there if you're not careful.

The next to last boss (I'm skipping the spider. I think it's a PUG wrecker, but I don't feel like writing that one up right now), is another group fight. This time there's three. But these mechanics are special. So, each tank can take the bosses on the sides. The center one never moves. While they're together they're immune to damage, so the tanks (plural, again) need to pull those two off of the guy in the center, then each group needs to burn their version. When the bosses get to certain thresholds they become immune to damage again, and need to be reconnected. This will burn out their immunity if all of them were at those thresholds. So... yeah, that's not happening with a PUG. Coordinated groups can get stuck on this. My first attempt took almost 45 minutes on this boss alone (see the aforementioned healer and draw the connection, though this was before that guild drove off almost all of its good players because of, yeah, that healer again.)

Now you're at the last boss. You're going to wipe. When you die he creates a clone of you. If he draws aggro on anything he can't reach, he jumps. When he jumps three times in a row, everyone dies. When he gets to certain health thresholds you need to stop DPS on the boss, because he will reflect that damage back on you. Also, when the tank dies you probably can't rez them unless you get stupidly lucky. He also gasses parts of the room. Hope you weren't planning on standing there. Electrifies others, yeah the wiring here is terrible, and releases spinning blade traps in the rest. And that's the safest space in the room. Meanwhile you're wiped by your own clone.

*One-Hundred-and-Thirty-Seven wipes later.*

You never see execute phase, you don't know what it looks like or if it's even real. You've never seen him below 75% health because your DPS keep killing themselves when he walks to the center of the room.

AS: The two side bosses are fine. The main boss is annoying. Good luck getting your PUG to deal with the adds that grant invulnerability to the boss. But, I'm getting ahead of myself, because they also grant invulnerability to the side bosses. In theory you can kill them first before clearing the fight, but that will never happen because of that idiot who sprints straight in and triggers hard mode because they saw something to attack.

Yeah... I'll pass, thanks.

Options
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @starkerealm you can pretty much balls to the wall any normal trial - - the issues you refer to can be resolved with kick and replace from queue, lol, however mean that sounds.

But, most importantly, you do not have to use the finder... You can still organize from guild and friends like now, or stand around in craglorn recruiting. Who loses out here? No one. But more stand to gain from it. It also provides an in-route for players who don't normally see the inside of a trial unless someone vouches for them.

In my opinion, it makes trials more accessible and removes some of the presumed elitism.
    Edited by mairwen85 on April 24, 2019 3:56PM
    Options
  • Lisutaris
    Lisutaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove Group Finder.
    Insert worldwide chat for grping up :smile: (one for norm one for vet and also one for pvp)
    add a quickguide at lvl10 how to enable/disable chat windows....
    ...problem solved
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    😐 I remember those days....

"LF Healer Templar only"

Nope I like the current system.

I healed leaderboard runs in trials on a Sorc. I healed all 6 vet dungeons on a Sorc, regularly, and the vet dungeons added early in the game. No issues finding groups.

😜 I have more than a Sorc now. My point was before they fixed group finder things were just nasty for someone learning.

That is only with some groups, if we are talking about 4 man dungeons. If you are in a decent guild you can avoid all that to begin with. When forming for dungeon runs in my raid guild no one asks or cares what you are healing on, as long as you can do some dps, lol

I don't understand what we are debating here. I simple stand by group finder has being asset and it has improved gaming experience on eso for myself and others
    This, no an finder group is less fun than an guild run and it has less success rate and you rater not want to do an vet dlc with it unless done it before and accept it probably fails.
    However its 1) very nice then leveling as in random normal, note you don't want fungal 1 on each run as you only get one skill point from it :)
    2) nice for taking alts trough the dungeons for skill point.
    3) farming keys at odd hours.
    4) testing out new builds or why don't warden tank work?
    5) level undaunted, yes better done in an good group but you don't want to take your trash build into them

So its not something you want to do challenging content on, see my reasons above as why not :)
    Farming gear is best done is guild groups as people here share. People in pugs might share if that you want is off meta and run was smooth.
    Options
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    /z DD v16 LFG Silver, Gold! trow me an invite or /w me! =)
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
    Options
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Dungeon Finder but it could be improved. Also, there is nothing stopping you from saying you are "lfg" in zone chat like before.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All good and well.
    The feature doesnt work. How about that?

The feature clearly does work. It only has issues during prime time. How about that?

Your comments in the OP seem to be more about a personal issue. A great many players are grouped via the GF everyday so it clearly works (except the issue during prime time). Also, a great many people form their own groups via guilds, zone and friends list.

All this happens every day so it is clear you are incorrect. Do not know why are so bitter about this, but that is probably more of a personal issue since it is clearly not a game issue.
    Edited by idk on April 24, 2019 5:34PM
    Options
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be a terrible step backwards to remove Group Finder.

Just the ability to actually play the game while waiting for a group, instead of standing idly in zone spamming zone chat, is worth it.
    PC NA
    @SkruDe
    Options
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All good and well.

The feature clearly does work. It only has issues during prime time. How about that?

Prime time is when people log in to play. Pressing F to no avail when you log in to play is a problem.
    GF needs to be reworked because the current system does not work.
    People will do just fine until it gets fixed.
    Options
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All good and well.

Prime time is when people log in to play. Pressing F to no avail when you log in to play is a problem.

I've never had to "Press F to no avail". Most I've EVER had to press F is maybe 5 times.
    I've never encountered this problem and I do pledges with group finder every day.
    PC NA
    @SkruDe
    Options
  • TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine getting fake tanks and healers in VCR.
    Options
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imagine getting fake tanks and healers in VCR.

I've seen the same thing happen when recruiting open world -- and from guild, unfortunately. That's why most progression groups vet their group members.

The same rules apply as with dungeons if trials were to be added to the finder. You take what you get if you pug; organized groups are unaffected. But, yeah, 2 fake tanks, 2 fake healers and 8 5k light spamming dps would be an interesting configuration for a veteran trial. I'd love a spectator mode just for that!
    Options
  • Umbro100
    Umbro100
    ✭✭✭
    Jimmy wrote: »
    All good and well.

I've never had to "Press F to no avail". Most I've EVER had to press F is maybe 5 times.
    I've never encountered this problem and I do pledges with group finder every day.

I see ...pc na. try pc eu - I am a tank, right now in an endless loop - join que, get an inv in less then a minute, ready check, everyone is ready, forming group - ups, after the forming group back in the que with the someone declined message- for exactly 35 min now. maybe 2in a minute we are forming a group and then back in the que. people are not even talking about it any more, they just gave up. dungeon finder on pc eu is broken, during the day its ok, when more ppl log into play, it does not work any more.same for bg que .soooo ... the pledge event starts tomorrow. going to be fun ! ZOS could not care less.
    Options
  • phwaap
    phwaap
    ✭✭✭
    Group finder is great and should be enhanced as others have said. I'm always excited to see what a PUG brings. If you're not, organize a dedicated group or move yourself into trying out for that coveted trial spot in a guild.

LFG is alive and well. Just look at WBs and boxes during events. If you want to sit around and call out for max CP, perfect rotation, parse proofs, and what not, nothing stopping ya.

Every day, many groups, succeed or fail, I TYFG!
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mairwen85 wrote: »
    @starkerealm you can pretty much balls to the wall any normal trial - - the issues you refer to can be resolved with kick and replace from queue, lol, however mean that sounds.

@mairwen85, yeah, I'm not sure how well a kick replace will help you clear the HoF bosses. In your (marginal) defense, Halls was toned down a lot after I wrote that.

Kick/replace would help you with AA pad management, but that's about it. And, that's assuming you can get 11 people on the pads to begin with. When you can only get eight pads pressed, because people are confused, or standing on the same pad, what then?

Incidentally, when I wrote that post Cloudrest got a pass. I'd played it, but was still under NDA for the mechanics. We all know how that works now? Five opportunities for things to go horribly wrong.

Rele: The player who gets overcharged doesn't swap.
    Galenwe: Hoarfrost goes down.
    All Bosses: No one goes down. (Only a hard wipe mechanic on Z'Maja)
    All Bosses: Players go down, but no one hits the spears. (Again, only fatal if it's Z'Maja, but good luck recovering from the crabs running all over the place with a PUG.)
    Z'Maja: Asylum Happy Fun Murder Time with Leroy.

In some of these cases, yeah, you can kick troublemakers, but in others, it's just going to lead to wipe after wipe.

Normal trials are very completed if you've got a marginally coordinated team who are willing to run them. However, pulling fodder from the random normal crowd will not end well. Trials are significantly more complex, mechanically.
    Options
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    todokete wrote: »
    No. Add trials to Finder
    Yeah... It is kinda wierd. You have an PvE end game content in your game that is not being supported by a "Match Maker" (group finder) ? Why is that ?

Because trials need proper roles, tactics, lead, etc. even on normal to some degree. A match making system can not assure that. Dungeon groups are already a complete mess more often then not and those are only four players in rather easy content.
    I mean, it would set totally new records in terms of toxic noobs, so I'm all for it.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
    Options