The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

It's on me.

ShadowKyuubi
ShadowKyuubi
✭✭✭✭
I never understand the mentality of bashing players for killing PvE'rs in Cyrodiil. Or people bashing PvP'ers for not knowing dungeon mechanics. And there can be something said about the event being offered and groups of people stopping players from getting a reward that is offered a limited time, but that is the exception and different discussion.

I mainly play PvE, I only step foot into Cyrodiil from time to time. Mainly just for the monthly transmute crystals and sometimes just to farm ap and mats. I don't complain about a PvP'er coming to kill me while doing those things. It is part of the game, I knew what I signed up for when I went into Cyrodiil. So if I am easy prey for them, then that is on me, not them. If I wanted to be able to survive, then I would build tanky to survive them. At the same time, when I queue for a random vet dungeon and see a PvP'er who doesn't know the mechanics. I don't yell at them for not knowing or playing badly. I try to walk them through it and support them by changing my abilities around so that I can either help heal, mitigate damage, ect... The mentality and toxicity of blaming other players needs to stop. Instead, just ask yourself what you can change to fix it. So what if it took me three hours to finish FGII because someone killed the spiders (attempt at bad joke). Who cares if a nightblade ganked me while running to the next keep, I'll take a different, longer path around next time.
Edited by ShadowKyuubi on April 23, 2019 6:18PM
  • Synnastix
    Synnastix
    ✭✭✭✭
    You speak like a Master Angler lol

Totally agree though, I got ganked / steamrolled a bunch during this portion of the event so I take steps to maximize my efforts:

Play a campaign where my faction controls the map

Use a tanky toon

Chill the ____ out

When the gankers roll to my AO, I take the death with a grain of salt and respawn at a different town and do quests there. When they come to my new town I just take the free death port back to where i was originally. I’m across the map in an instant while they have to play horse simulator for a while to get there.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The part you are missing is where players were camping spawn points inside the quest pickup/dropoff buildings.
    You zone into the building and you are dead on arrival.
    No way to fight back, no ganking, nothing, just a loading screen and then dead.

Basically the same mechanic that the resource towers used to have when they still had doors.
    There is a reason why ZOS removed those doors from the towers.

I'm sorry but that has nothing to do with PvP, it's a stupid mechanic that needs to go ...
    dry.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on April 23, 2019 5:40PM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You speak like a Master Angler lol

Totally agree though, I got ganked / steamrolled a bunch during this portion of the event so I take steps to maximize my efforts:

Play a campaign where my faction controls the map

Use a tanky toon

Chill the ____ out

When the gankers roll to my AO, I take the death with a grain of salt and respawn at a different town and do quests there. When they come to my new town I just take the free death port back to where i was originally. I’m across the map in an instant while they have to play horse simulator for a while to get there.
    Play late at night or early in the morning.
    PvE its called.
    wsqzt59h.jpg

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • SippingPotions
    SippingPotions
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like ZOS should really disable low score bonus and emperor in the new campaigns they open up for events. It’s almost like they want us to gank questers when they give 4.2-4.7k AP per kill. It surely wouldn’t stop people from killing questers but it also wouldn’t incentivize it, and I’m sure most gankers (my self included) would get bored a lot faster.

That being said, not all PVPers are bad at PVE, some of us just don’t care for it as much. I have “The Flawless Conqueror” title on all 4 of my characters. I just avoid Pugs and the dungeon finder like the plague because my “elitist attitude” doesn’t mesh well with people who “just want to play their own way”

Will I be doing random dungeons for anniversary boxes next week? Nope. That isn’t fun for me so I’ll pass and just buy any style pages I missed with gold. I’m really not sure why some people act like they got dragged into Cyrodiil at gunpoint this week.