The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Molag Kena helm dye

TheNightflame
TheNightflame
✭✭✭✭✭
I was wondering what the dye channels are for this helm and how it looks when dyed? I'm considering farming for it once the style is rereleased with the undaunted event
Edited by TheNightflame on April 23, 2019 3:14PM

Best Answer

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Molag Kena looks great with Dremora medium style (see pic below) ... but the helm itself has a few handicaps.

Most importantly, the horns aren't even dyable.

The closest color I could muster to match the lusterless horns was the Rank 5 Materials dye (no surprise; Rank 5 Materials are primarily found in Coldharbour).

Molag Kena is three dye channels. But, one of them is exclusively dedicated to the tiny jewels in the crown itself. Which leaves only two dye channels ... neither of which match the horns. The colors in the pic below are Doomcrag Verdigris, Welkynd Blue, and the new Gold from the Elsweyr "Queenmaker" achievement.

Summarize it in another way? Let someone else buy it for you, or find a cheap page in the guild stores.

In other words, I'm looking forward to Engine Guardian coming out tomorrow ... ;)

ApZ8DvF.png
    Edited by Taleof2Cities on April 24, 2019 3:05AM
    Answer ✓
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! that was a great response and had everything I was hoping for and more. Thank you very much for going out of your way to provide this quality answer