The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Questions about mend wounds( psijic skill )

Ildun
Ildun
✭✭✭✭
1) Will it trigger full heavy attack effect such as Vanus set?

2) Will it benefit from passive skill such as lightning staff and two handed weapon and become aoe?

3) Will it benefit from light/heavy bonus damage such as Queen's Elegance and CP?
  • ShadowKyuubi
    ShadowKyuubi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ildun wrote: »
    1) Will it trigger full heavy attack effect such as Vanus set?

2) Will it benefit from passive skill such as lightning staff and two handed weapon and become aoe?

3) Will it benefit from light/heavy bonus damage such as Queen's Elegance and CP?

This post has been here a while, so I will take a shot at it. And if I am wrong, maybe others will speak up, because we all know how people like to correct others on the forums.

Honestly, I doubt many people know the full answer to these questions. This skill is not a very common skill and most people have not done a lot of testing on it. Disclaimer: I don't fully know the answers, but I will try.

1) Yes, because Mend wounds is a skill that procs from a heavy attack. Therefore, the heavy attack has to be registered for mend wounds to proc and thus the sets should proc. Maybe someone can test this.

2) No, because the passives specifically state damage. Mend wounds is a skill that overwrites the damage of a light/heavy attack, to healing, it does not convert it. Plus, it needs to be aimed at friendlies, I believe.

3) No to CP's and sets that buff light attack damage, as Mend Wounds is still a skill and has specific healing numbers, not an actual conversion of damage to healing.

Hopefully this helps, sorry if I get anything wrong.
    Edited by ShadowKyuubi on April 23, 2019 7:58PM
  • phantasmalD
    phantasmalD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I went and tested it for you on PTS and the answer is no to all of those.

1. Aside from devs probably not even thinking about stuff like this there's also the fact that Vanus requires a fully charged heavy attack which Mend wounds is incapable of delivering as it's an infinite channel; there's no end unless you decide to stop therefore it can never be fully charged.
    2. Pretty much as Shadow said, Mend Wounds can't trigger "on-damage" effects.
    3. Numbers didn't change when tinkering with Queen's or any of the CP passives aside from the first 100 magicka CP increasing the healing amount due to increased magicka.
  • ShadowKyuubi
    ShadowKyuubi
    ✭✭✭✭

1. Aside from devs probably not even thinking about stuff like this there's also the fact that Vanus requires a fully charged heavy attack which Mend wounds is incapable of delivering as it's an infinite channel; there's no end unless you decide to stop therefore it can never be fully charged.
    3. Numbers didn't change when tinkering with Queen's or any of the CP passives aside from the first 100 magicka CP increasing the healing amount due to increased magicka.

Thanks mate! I was back in forth on the first one, but I thought there was a chance! My hope was misplaced. I appreciate you taking the time to test.

Cheers,
    Shadow
  • Ildun
    Ildun
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks you for your testing
  • StrangeForce001
    That’s a bit disappointing. With the changes to Mend Wounds I had hoped light and heavy attacks could be buffed through sets and cp since they lowered the healing power of this ability.