The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Giving surprise attack a dot instead of major fracture

Deathlord92
Deathlord92
✭✭✭✭✭
What if they made surprise attack do poison damage maybe tone down its tooltip a little and gave surprise attack a nasty dot 🤔
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why ?
  • KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why? 5% resistance debuff is better than major fracture because it won't stack with tank anymore.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Why ?
    Because the way SA is in pts is weak I’m just throwing out ideas to make it stronger I don’t want to see the only class I play get butchered 😢
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why ?
    Because the way SA is in pts is weak I’m just throwing out ideas to make it stronger I don’t want to see the only class I play get butchered 😢

How is it weak ? Damage is the same there is additional bonus to penetration the only thing that have changed is lack of fracture but if this ability is weak without fracture then why every stamblade is using it even when fracture is provided by group members in both PvE and PvP ?
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why ?

How is it weak ? Damage is the same there is additional bonus to penetration the only thing that have changed is lack of fracture but if this ability is weak without fracture then why every stamblade is using it even when fracture is provided by group members in both PvE and PvP ?
    From a pvp perspective what about the players that like to play solo and why do wardens get to keep everything stamblade losing?
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why ?

From a pvp perspective what about the players that like to play solo and why do wardens get to keep everything stamblade losing?

They have an instant skill that gives major fracture for 18 seconds?
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You have a class spammable, something that neither stamDK and stamsorc have, which deals a *** ton of damage, and still complain about fracture being removed?
    giphy.gif
    EU PC
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why ?

Because wardens do not have what stamblades have maybe ? Like execute or undodgable , unblockable CC or gap closer etc etc...
    Edited by Juhasow on April 23, 2019 9:45AM
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It won’t matter if these changes go live anyways because rather thn learning how to deal with stamblade your rather nerf em into the ground I have a video on yt of me 1vx 3 stamblade all max cp and stamplar maybe it’s because I have only played stamblade since eso release but I find stamblade the easiest class to deal with update 22 while I still be playing stamblade everyone else will be playing something else stam warden I bet then ur cry for stamina warden nerf anything op if the right players are on it 😂
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why? 5% resistance debuff is better than major fracture because it won't stack with tank anymore.

I keep seeing your comments in various places, and I keep being amused to how detached from reality they are. 5% is a debuff that will be virtually not there in organized PvE, because it's deducted from the resistances remaining after all other debuffs were applied, much like Twin Blade and Blunt bonus of maces. Just, you know, even less than maces. On a fully debuffed trial boss, stamblade's 5% debuff will be around 300 extra penetration. Which is a really funny joke on ZOS' part.
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fun thing is, whirling blades is better as st spammable on PTS than SA :D
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes, it is wild. ^^ I feel that it's a patch full of ill-devised, atrocious and probably unintended changes in playstyle of so many classes. Stamblades use Whirling Blades as a spammable and even drop Relentless from their bars (for what, shades?), getting braindead stupid rotation at just 1-2k dps penalty. Dragonknights slot magicka whip for passive and spam Noxious Breath. Stamina classes try to slot RAT for mobility, despite it being magicka. If I knew in advance that ZOS is bringing circus in town, I'd have stocked up on popcorn and peanuts. ^^
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That skill is overbuffed right now. I definitely missed a lot of things when I said this patch looks gold. There are a lot of issues that need addressing.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on April 23, 2019 1:09PM
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why ?

Use mark target
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would still use suprise attack on stamblade for max health, and major ward/resolve buffs
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I would still use suprise attack on stamblade for max health, and major ward/resolve buffs

In PvE, not a whole lot of reasons. Normal rotation only gives ~50% uptime on Major Resolve/Ward and they drop completely in execute phase anyway, so have to rely on having a warden healer for that. And max health will still be flickering during bar swaps, with new food nerfs most stamblades will probably have to run health glyph to sit above 16k (outside of sustain races and gold food).
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In PvE, not a whole lot of reasons. Normal rotation only gives ~50% uptime on Major Resolve/Ward and they drop completely in execute phase anyway, so have to rely on having a warden healer for that. And max health will still be flickering during bar swaps, with new food nerfs most stamblades will probably have to run health glyph to sit above 16k (outside of sustain races and gold food).
    Yeah the food nerfs are ridiculous and unwanted no one asked for this
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyways guys surprise attack being a dot was just idea because before when I first saw these changes I was like mad salty 😡 because nb for me is the only class I care about I’m just trying to throw ideas about rather then being hateful and salty it’s not easy trust me I been nb since eso release very old player here lol
  • ShadowKyuubi
    ShadowKyuubi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the major concern for stamblade is PvP because of the fracture loss. As for PvE, I put piercing mark on my backbar instead of double slotting rearming trap and still achieved 50k+ rotations. And that was with the old Lover/Infused daggers setups. The loss of minor beserker is annoying, but with extension of relentless to 30, I think that it will level out a bit more. Now, I havn't tested on PTS for the actual changes, but imo stamblades came out okay for damage. It is the health nerf from food that I am worried about. I barely have 16k health as it is with my stamblade. I will most definetely have to have a health enchant on my armor. Which means I have even less stamina, potentially causing massive sustain problems, but again I have not PTS tested.
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vildebill wrote: »
    You have a class spammable, something that neither stamDK and stamsorc have, which deals a *** ton of damage, and still complain about fracture being removed?
    giphy.gif

They are sad cause they want to face at the target rather than side attacking or backstabbing.
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the major concern for stamblade is PvP because of the fracture loss. As for PvE, I put piercing mark on my backbar instead of double slotting rearming trap and still achieved 50k+ rotations. And that was with the old Lover/Infused daggers setups. The loss of minor beserker is annoying, but with extension of relentless to 30, I think that it will level out a bit more. Now, I havn't tested on PTS for the actual changes, but imo stamblades came out okay for damage. It is the health nerf from food that I am worried about. I barely have 16k health as it is with my stamblade. I will most definetely have to have a health enchant on my armor. Which means I have even less stamina, potentially causing massive sustain problems, but again I have not PTS tested.
    Yeah the food nerf is stupid and unwanted no one complaining about food it’s fine as it is
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyways guys surprise attack being a dot was just idea because before when I first saw these changes I was like mad salty 😡 because nb for me is the only class I care about I’m just trying to throw ideas about rather then being hateful and salty it’s not easy trust me I been nb since eso release very old player here lol

Bro you do know that in pve NB rotation didn't change at all right? Not one move changed from your pve bar......

And on top of that it is looking like NB will be top DPS yet again after being on top for so long lol. What else do you really want?

Is it silly that in score runs at top level that it consists of 8 NB DPS because they melt the boss? That shows an unbalance and shows the class needs to be toned down and this was a step in the right direction.

NB doesn't need any buffs since it is still testing as top.......
  • md3788
    md3788
    ✭✭✭

I keep seeing your comments in various places, and I keep being amused to how detached from reality they are. 5% is a debuff that will be virtually not there in organized PvE, because it's deducted from the resistances remaining after all other debuffs were applied, much like Twin Blade and Blunt bonus of maces. Just, you know, even less than maces. On a fully debuffed trial boss, stamblade's 5% debuff will be around 300 extra penetration. Which is a really funny joke on ZOS' part.

I'm glad someone said it because I was going to say the same thing
    vFG1 HM
  • Zekka
    Zekka
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. SA is fine the way it is on the PTS.

That's a problem with Whirling Blades, that skill needs to be nuked already so it is never seen again, and Steel Tornado too.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zekka wrote: »
    No. SA is fine the way it is on the PTS.

That's a problem with Whirling Blades, that skill needs to be nuked already so it is never seen again, and Steel Tornado too.

What do you think of power extraction then?
  • Zekka
    Zekka
    ✭✭✭✭

Overbuffed, it needed a better secondary effect, not to deal as much damage as SA. AoE damage skills shouldn't deal as much damage as single target skills.

• Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SA sounds so *** on pts if whirling blades is a better spammable lmao stam warden will be so much better then stamblade ffs not to forget to mention that stam warden keeping minor berserk and major fracture
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zekka wrote: »

Overbuffed, it needed a better secondary effect, not to deal as much damage as SA. AoE damage skills shouldn't deal as much damage as single target skills.

i agree. spammable aoes ought to do at most 60%the damage of a single target ability, so you don't get an increase overall in damage till you have more then 2 targets. right now they seem to be doing like 5-25% less.

here is my tooltips for surprise attack, steel tornado/whirling blades and power extraction right now on the pts-
    BXd7KqF.jpg
    befkvE1.jpg
    gmFZNAX.jpg

i was thinking about this a while ago, make power extraction scale with the number of targets you hit. like the heal from sap, 20% more damage per target, capped at 6, you could hit for 120% more then tooltip if you manage to get 6 targets in the area. that would be a great bonus for using the right skill for the job.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on April 24, 2019 6:39AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why ?

Wardens are in the crown store. Welcome to what every other class has been going through for months/years.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Why ?

Wardens are in the crown store. Welcome to what every other class has been going through for months/years.
    It still doesn’t make it right can’t give up on your class stam dks also got major fracture it may not be a spammable but it’s on a skill thy always use while nb got let there target know there in our sights with mark that no one uses