The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Anniversary event and mats prices

Octopuss
Octopuss
✭✭✭✭✭
With everyone and his mother getting tons of stuff from the anniversary boxes, I expected prices of raw mats and nirncrux to go down. In reality, the prices are through the roof. On EU server at least. Especially Nirncrux. Not only I can barely find any on guild traders, but the price went from 10k-ish gold to 15+. What the hell?
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard something that alliance of trader guilds controlled the mats prices buying out undercutting. Dunno what happened with Nirn, but probably just it went out of stock. Only real victim of the event so far is Powdered Mother of Pearl that significally flopped.
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reseller guilds controlling the prices. u see some enjoy pvp some pve and some ppl enjoy life simulator.

my advice use ttc and dont buy overpriced stuff. the more ppl buy smart instead of wasting their gold the prices will go down. also if u decide strictly not to buy of the bigger trading guilds will also help pushing the prices down.
    Edited by Noctus on April 23, 2019 8:16AM
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noctus wrote: »
    my advice use ttc and dont buy overpriced stuff. the more ppl buy smart instead of wasting their gold the prices will go down. also if u decide strictly not to buy of the bigger trading guilds will also help pushing the prices down.
    I do use TTC, but NOTHING I find there is ever present at the traders.

What is a reseller guild?
    Edited by Octopuss on April 23, 2019 8:26AM
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Octopuss wrote: »
    With everyone and his mother getting tons of stuff from the anniversary boxes, I expected prices of raw mats and nirncrux to go down. In reality, the prices are through the roof. On EU server at least. Especially Nirncrux. Not only I can barely find any on guild traders, but the price went from 10k-ish gold to 15+. What the hell?

I'd say less offer (because people aren't farming stuff anymore, they're all busy farming boxes), and more demand (more crafting writs => more crafting master writs => more nirn needed).
    Also, maybe the big influx of new players from January, as ZOS was referring to, have reached the point where they start researching their final traits (which, for many, would be nirnhoned).
  • MikaHR
    MikaHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The price is controlled, they just buy out whole stock and relist at whatever price they want.

Just another reason "nirncrux" should be made like every other trait mat as ZOS "excuse" for having extremely bad "guild trader" system is to prevent this.....apparently.
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Prices will go back to normal once this nonsense event is over.
  • MikaHR
    MikaHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prices werent "normal" before the event.
  • r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big example is necropotence set it used to be like 2 to 3k now 30k+ and lol the staves price :trollface:
    2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
  • Haenk
    Haenk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Big example is necropotence set it used to be like 2 to 3k now 30k+ and lol the staves price :trollface:

This stuff is rather easy to farm (staves with good tratits are and were rare, so they haven't been cheap before), prices going up due to upcoming Necro class, I guess.

While mats have been going up, blueprints are a lot cheaper now. So I (as a crafter and farmer) like both trends :)
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are multiple reasons why prices might go up, but are the two most significant:-

1. Traders will hold their stock so as not to contribute to a price crash. Traders are a patient bunch, so they’ll wait to sell until the price is right. Sometimes when enough traders do this, it limits stock availability and actually the price then goes up.

2. Many people will have switched from their usual farming routine to participate in the event. So, this means (for example) there are fewer people running around Craglorn farming Nirn, and more doing whatever gets little golden boxes this week. Even with gold box rewards, fewer people farming means limited supplies, means prices go up.

Some guilds will inevitably try to control prices, but that never works well in a game like this - it never works when new stock materialises out of nothing.

• AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've really not gotten more than 1 or 2 nirncrux from the reward boxes.
    The Moot Councillor
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nirnhoned was a trash trait before recent changes to DW. Now I guess everybody who ignored learning of this trait before, studies it and/or crafts nirnhoned shacklebreakers etc.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't the connection between Anniversary loot and the price of Nirncrux. They don't appear to drop Nirncrux directly, and there's no Nirnhoned pieces to de-con. Without any supply change, why would prices not stay the same?
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    I don't the connection between Anniversary loot and the price of Nirncrux. They don't appear to drop Nirncrux directly, and there's no Nirnhoned pieces to de-con. Without any supply change, why would prices not stay the same?

They do drop nirncrux directly. I just don't think they drop enough of it to significantly shift pricing.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    ghastley wrote: »

They do drop nirncrux directly. I just don't think they drop enough of it to significantly shift pricing.
    Yes, also lots of farmers are doing the event, also many to get nirncrux saves it rater than selling
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Simple supply and demand, fewer are farming due to event and they have become more sought after with recent changes. Demand has gone up is all. So now they cost more. I am one of those traders who wait patently, have 158 in stock atm.

Guess it is time to sell.
    Edited by Skwor on April 23, 2019 2:25PM
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Octopuss wrote: »
    What is a reseller guild?

People who buy out all the "cheap" copies of an item, then relist them at a higher price. For profit, to keep prices from dropping, to control a market, etc.