The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why are you ignoring me, Blandine? (and other rude NPCs)

mairwen85
mairwen85
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭

Ok... it's not just Blandine. Since last patch, all vendors have a delay in response after selecting them (why?) -- but Blandine seems the worst for me. It can take in excess of 5 seconds for her to look up from her parchment and acknowledge me.

Blandine.png
Hey! Blandine, I want to give you 250 gold! HELLO?!

• LordVox
    LordVox
    ✭✭✭
    I have noticed this issue for the guild traders
  • Aetherderius
    Aetherderius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some quest-givers too. Mr Delve-Quests in Summerset like to readjust his pose twice before answering me.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some quest-givers too. Mr Delve-Quests in Summerset like to readjust his pose twice before answering me.

That's just plain ignorant... :neutral:
  • meekmiko
    meekmiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Banker Assistant also loves to do this.
    Constantly.
    He can't be bothered to look up from his clipboard half the time so I have to unsummon and resummon him again, and even then he doesn't like to acknowledge me.
    🌟PC/NA CP2025+ [Been playing since 2016]
    vMA / vVH / vDSA / vBRP / vAA HM / vSO HM / vHRC HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS+1 & +1 / vCR+2 / vSS / vKA/ vRG
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Bosmer StamSorc (DPS) -Main DPS-
    • ☀️ 🛡️ EP - Mihi'Mai-Ra, Plague of Peryite / Khajiit StamPlar (Tank) -Main Tank-
    • ☀️ ✨ EP - Lady Lapa'au, The Magnanimous / Khajiit MagPlar (Healer) -Main Healer-
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Ra'venk, Style Master / Khajiit MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ EP - Bird gra-Shuzgub, Forge Breaker / Orc StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ✨ EP - Blades-at-the-Ready, Witch / Argonian MagBlade (Healer)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Lady Fortuna the Blessed, Grand Champion / Imperial StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🔥 🛡️ EP - Plays-in Volcanoes, Mystic / Argonian StamDK (Tank)
    • 💀 ☄️ EP - Ko'shamari the Doomweaver, Dovahkriid / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 🌱 ✨ EP - Sorvete, Countess / Khajiit StamDen (Healer)
    • 🔥 🏹 EP - Falora Veloth, The Merciless / Dunmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 🌩️ 🛡️ AD - Shimmers-with-Static, Spark of Vengeance / Argonian StamSorc (Tank)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Amarri-do the Magnificent, Clan Mother / Khajiit StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Z'majii-dar the Quick, Battlegrounds Butcher / Khajiit StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ EP - Habasi the Glamorous, Seeker of Artifacts / Khajiit StamDK (DPS)
    • ❄️ 🛡️ EP - Elísabet Skull-Smasher, Thane of Falkreath / Nord StamDen (Tank)
    • 🗡️ 🛡️ EP - Yana-la the Iron Lotus, Silver Knight / Khajiit StamBlade (Tank)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Mog gra-Ushug the Scholar, Master Historian / Orc MagCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🔨 EP - Mamaea the Sledgehammer, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🏹 AD - Elsyiir Lichenhollow, Lady / Bosmer StamCanist (DPS)
    • & I only dabble on the PC/EU server sometimes
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun / Bosmer StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Sings-a-Song-of-Storms / Argonian StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ☄️ DC - Helainie the Shadebringer / Breton MagBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Steals-Many-Hearts / Argonian MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Pashet the Nimble / Khajiit StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🔥 🏹☄️ EP - Furoni the Ember / Dunmer HybridDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Am-Kesh / Argonian MagCanist (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ AD - Eldrinthr the Flame-Heart / Bosmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ AD - Bajaa the Blackened Beast / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 💀 ⚔️ AD - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt / Khajiit StamNecro (DPS)
  • Thoragaal
    Thoragaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mairwen85 wrote: »
    Ok... it's not just Blandine. Since last patch, all vendors have a delay in response after selecting them (why?) -- but Blandine seems the worst for me. It can take in excess of 5 seconds for her to look up from her parchment and acknowledge me

I believe NPCs, and especially Blandine, has grown weary and grumpy after too many WoW-refugees asking her "ASL?" and it's resulted in her being suspicious and more on edge towards players.
    Edited by Thoragaal on April 24, 2019 8:48AM
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
    "I've always wanted to kick a duck up the arse" -Karl Pilkington, on the question what he'd do if it was the last day on earth.
  • Bealindra
    Bealindra
    ✭✭
    if you just have traveled to a zone, w8 a min or two until zone is bit more loaded then then talk to the npc, that usally goes better
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's nothing. Sometimes the banker inside the Bank of Daggerfall won't even appear for me-- just a bunch of players who are clustered around where she (presumably) is. Even if I wait for a few minutes, or exit and reenter the building, she still doesn't appear. This isn't new; it's been like that all along. I end up going to the outlaw refuge to do my banking. Other times, she's there like she should be. Definitely a loading issue. Many's the time when I've been riding through Daggerfall and hit a texture change by the outdoor marketplace between the lumber mill and the smithy.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    That's nothing. Sometimes the banker inside the Bank of Daggerfall won't even appear for me-- just a bunch of players who are clustered around where she (presumably) is. Even if I wait for a few minutes, or exit and reenter the building, she still doesn't appear. This isn't new; it's been like that all along. I end up going to the outlaw refuge to do my banking. Other times, she's there like she should be. Definitely a loading issue. Many's the time when I've been riding through Daggerfall and hit a texture change by the outdoor marketplace between the lumber mill and the smithy.

Yeah, Angier is a mischievous minx like that. Playing hide and seek, enter, exit, re-enter trying to catch her out... 🙈

Vendor delays are new though in my experience, especially how it is now in any case. Could be in a town for a good while doing my crafting writs, then decide to upgrade my mount before moving on (my daily routine)... Just to be stood there waiting for her to finish whatever non existing thing she's marking up.