The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Recently hit cp160. What do I do now?

seano509b14a_ESO
So at this point I am looking to gear up but not sure how to go about it. Read a build setup that a Nightblade Stam build should use Hunding's set to start off but its so damn expensive. Should I do a single dungeon only to gain a set or just do randoms to gain purple gear so I can start Trials?

Any help on moving forward would be great!
-In thy name of Akatosh!-
  • UntrustedExistenz
    UntrustedExistenz
    ✭✭✭
    Bro, do whatever you want :) But, if you want an advice, try suit yourself with cp160 armor and weapons. Read about where armor you need drop and go there. If you are alone and go with randoms it propably be more than one run to aquire those items. With my friends we go with full squad, and in that case we have drop x4 becouse for 2 hours after you drop item in dungeon you can trade it with your teammates.
    Normal drop blue items, veterans drop purple. Normal is very easy, vet not so much if you dont know mechanics.
    Aaaand if you need Hundings you better start collecting mats for this or buy it in vendors.
    Imo you need to chill with trials for now, you need to have good set, know mechanics, and know your rotation.
    Congratz on your CP160 tho.
    <PC EU>
    Press "F" to pay respect to our fallen megalulserver.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hurdling weapons and armor is an good idea as weapons is an pain to farm, bow and two daggers is pretty much standard.
    As an second set I would probably go with Leviathan who drops in Crypts of Hearts 1, its an easy dungeon to do in veteran and you want jewelry and two more armor pieces from it.

https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-dps-sets/

Get some in guild to craft hurdling for you.
    Rubedo Leather is cheap but you will need around 400 for 3 armor pieces or 4K
    160 Sanded Ruby Ash for the bow or 2K.
    260 something Rubedite Ingot for 2K

Is your crafting skills good enough that you can improve?
    In that case you can order while and improve yourself the expensive part is getting weapon golded out.
    You do not need gold armor or jewelry but weapons are important.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You really need at least one character that can craft at that level. If you don't have one of your own, you may need guild help. Gather your own materials - costs time, not gold - and make your own armour or provide the mats to the guildmate. Farm or buy the weapons/jewelry unless you/they have Summerset, and can make the rings and neck, too. With crafting skills of your own, you can improve as you go.

At higher levels, the crafted sets get displaced by dungeon sets, but you need a decent level to get there.
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So at this point I am looking to gear up but not sure how to go about it. Read a build setup that a Nightblade Stam build should use Hunding's set to start off but its so damn expensive. Should I do a single dungeon only to gain a set or just do randoms to gain purple gear so I can start Trials?

First of all, decide what you want to get out of the game in the longer term - for example PVP or PVE (the gear and play styles are v. different). You can always level another character for other types of endgame content, other classes, and other roles.

Second, join a guild or two that will help you get where you want to be. For example, a PVP guild for your faction. You might need to look around a bit, as some guilds (sadly, an increasing number these days) have all sorts of prerequisites before you can join. That said, there are plenty of guild that support newer players, and those new to endgame content. Most good guilds will help you craft and won't charge you - you'll just need to find the mats.

Third, think about how you can be more self-sufficient in the game. If I were you, I'd level a crafter who can also be your trader. You don't have to do much more than dip your toe into crafting or trading, but it's always good to have some spare gold and be able to craft certain armour sets.

Fourth, dig around online for good builds. Someone above mentioned Alcast and his stuff is pretty awesome. Xynode is also great. Google them. But remember that you don't have to stick to their builds 100% - play around with the builds so that you are comfortable, can sustain, and can survive. Both Xynode and Alcast's sites are great because they also talk about how to use the build - i.e. the rotation. Guild members can also help you with that.

Finally....... enjoy it. Now you have a character at CP160, you never have to do the grind from CP10 to CP160 ever again! Every character you level to L50 just jumps straight into CP160, and characters you level will have the advantages of CPs throughout their progression.

(If you're PC/EU, feel free to look me up in game - I can craft for you, and can help you find a guild - I'm on @agelonestar)
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hundlings is fantastic. As far as a crafted combo goes, that and Night Mother's Gaze is a great combo to use while farming other sets. Spriggans and Briarheart are good overland sets. Leviathan is one of the best dungeon sets. Vicious Ophidian and Twice Fanged are from the Craglorn 3. War Machine from HOF is nice. And, of course, the meta is Relequen from Cloudrest and Berserking Warrior from HRC.

If you are looking to do trials, that is the path I would take. Hundlings + NMG is really hard to beat and will perform well in the normal Craglorn 3 trials as well as Cloudrest. I highly recommend getting full sets of VO and TFS, in addition to Hundlings. They are great for VMA, BRP, and DSA.

You don't need the meta to do vet content unless you are chasing leaderboards. Even then, its more about your rotation than the gear. But it helps.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You now want to shift your gear to 160 championship point gear.

Hundings is an excellent stamina damage set. Dont buy it. Join a guild and ask for someone to craft you a set, even if its green or blue, it will serve you well at this point. Absolutely tons of guilds have master crafters more than happy to do this for you, often for free.

Yes, by all means pick a dungeon or two to "farm" for a set. You can research stamina/medium sets here https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Medium+Armor+Sets

Clicking on a set for more info will tell you where to get it. Some dungeons are significantly more difficult to complete than others, but something like Fungal Grotto is really easy and gives a range of reasonable sets that you could use while seeking better ones.

There are also some very good overland sets that can easily be obtained by questing, doing world bosses and dolmens. You can literally get a full set in a few hours. Especially if you have guildmates to help.

Briarheart from Wrothgarr. Spriggans from I think is it Bankorai? What else, swamp raider from shadowfen?

Loads of options, happy gaming :)
  • luccerton
    luccerton
    ✭✭
    Funny that I just made a video about this subject. Here is a link to it if you are intrested:
    Also known as pyroxius, fanatic twitch fan and youtube content creator!
    https://youtube.com/channel/UC5o2wbJtblWL3v5FRaoiNkA?view_as=subscriber