The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Medium Armor (Lets address Shuffle and Improved sneak passive)

ThePainGuy
ThePainGuy
✭✭✭
I have gone through the PTS patch notes 5.0 and 5.0.1. Some great changes I see and some other changes that remain to be seen how they play out. But overall good strides in addressing mobility and DOTs for PVP. Necromancer looks like a great addition to the game. I like that magicka classes have ways to address snares/immobilizations as vampire and non-vampire now. I notice now that RAT, mist form, and NB double take have 4 sec immunities to snares/immobilizations. At this point can, we please extend the amount of time for snare/immobilization immunity for "shuffle" of medium armor active skill. Maybe we can have 2 secs for base immunity with 0.5sec for each medium armor piece worn (thus 4.5 secs with 5 pieces and 5.5 secs for 7 pieces of medium armor). Medium armor should inherently have equal amount of snare immunity similar to the RAT and mist form abilities (magicka players also get inherent snare reduction through grace passive).

Speaking of passives (nice segue from previous paragraph), the "improved sneak passive" has to be given some active combat utility at some point. I am aware that Brian wheeler said that class abilities were primarily looked at this patch and passives will be looked at in the future. However, I ask that we revisit this passive. Light armor and heavy armor all have passives that have utility in active combat. No reason medium armor should not get the same treatment. I ask the community for suggestions on this topic, or let me know if I am being unreasonable in these requests. Class Reps, please bring this to the devs' attention (I'm sure they won't read this post). Thanks.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_Gilliam
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't been on PTS yet, @ThePainGuy, there's still plenty of time to check out the snare changes.

They are getting a nerf this upcoming patch.

Your idea of extending the immunity time would be an overcorrection of what's already upcoming.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Logical change will be to add some physical resistance to sneak passive. I.e. light armor increase spell resistance, medium physical, heavy - both.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Logical change will be to add some physical resistance to sneak passive. I.e. light armor increase spell resistance, medium physical, heavy - both.
    Completely 100% agree here medium would then be a bit more viable
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    or some physical pen (once again like light)

but I think shuffle should be something to the effect of:

constant minor evasion (10% aoe reduction) with a 20 seconds major when active
    -one morph give the standard 4 seconds of snare / immobilization cleanse / immunity when active
    -and the other give 20 seconds of minor berserk

defensive and offensive morph, and a nice option for where you lot in your cleanse or berserk depending on other skills. plus I like the idea of medium armor being actually pretty good at maneuvering through AOE effects (having the ability to have minor and major evasion in the same skill would be really cool)
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »

-one morph give the standard 4 seconds of snare / immobilization cleanse / immunity when active

defensive and offensive morph, and a nice option for where you lot in your cleanse or berserk depending on other skills. plus I like the idea of medium armor being actually pretty good at maneuvering through AOE effects (having the ability to have minor and major evasion in the same skill would be really cool)

Well, adding penetration will immediately create problems with dps balance in PVE, while 2000 physical resistance.. nobody will be critically affected by this. Mages will still hit medium users like before, and heavy armor meta will be slightly toned down.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, adding penetration will immediately create problems with dps balance in PVE, while 2000 physical resistance.. nobody will be critically affected by this. Mages will still hit medium users like before, and heavy armor meta will be slightly toned down.

I just wish they would nerf the few overperforming heavy sets at this point then take a look at armor balance again. as light and medium have much better passives (light Is VERY stacked at this point) that the flat resistances that are supposed to be heavy armors thing are easily made up elsewhere.

but its still called for nerfs because of SETS, rather then the passives itself.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭

Well remember there is bleed for Stam for axes for 2h and dw. So having another penetration might be overkill but hey I don’t mind. If they keep the weapon damage and add penetration it’s all good. But for pvpers they won’t pike it cause nb will burst players too fast with it or other Stam users will burst down a player too fast.
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar