Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Elsweyr New Furnishings

• TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Those lanterns are awesome!
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, when stack of fish furnishing catches your eye... It means that everything before it was meh. Also, it seems, khajiits don't read that much, with their "full" bookshelves being half-empty.

In general, everything is of very high quality and detail. I am especially thrilled to see whether sand circles would be available outside of CS, which I doubt though
    Edited by NoTimeToWait on April 23, 2019 6:04PM
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The textures on some of the furniture pieces are mushy - I hope they fix this before everything goes live.
    PC/EU
  • ibeprofun
    ibeprofun
    ✭✭✭
    Some good pieces. I like the building components most.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Still kind of confused that there is no upholstered Elsweyr sofa...

With the Khajiit being the race of the only, really plushy upholstered, (proper) sofas in the game.

The potted palms look useful, both style-wise and slot-saving wise and I like the bed with the blue bedlinen and the fountain.
    Edited by Tigerseye on May 5, 2019 3:03PM
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    Because there already are upholstered Khajiit sofas?

I'm just glad that there aren't ones identical to the existing, but requiring a new material, like the Murkmire versions of some items.
    Edited by ghastley on May 8, 2019 3:22PM
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps it is because we already have the finest upholstery built in to ourselves yes?

That does not mean you can take it for your own no!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    Because there already are upholstered Khajiit sofas?

I'm just glad that there aren't ones identical to the existing, but requiring a new material, like the Murkmire versions of some items.

So, we can only have one upholstered sofa, in one size and colour, for the rest of time?

...and which colour?

Red, of course, like the other two sofas (one of which doesn't have end pieces, but I will be generous and include it).

...and that is supposed to be enough?

...forever?

Do you even furnish?
    Edited by Tigerseye on May 8, 2019 7:30PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps it is because we already have the finest upholstery built in to ourselves yes?

That does not mean you can take it for your own no!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

They don't (or wouldn't) though.

Even quite sleek cats have notoriously boney butts. xD

Which is probably why the Khajiits had the upholstered sofa, in the first place.
    Edited by Tigerseye on May 8, 2019 8:04PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, but I cannot be happy furnishing in a game with so few comfortable-looking seating options.

If the Khajiit sofa hadn't existed, I would have given up on furnishing, right from the start.

As it would have been hell trying to use only bright red (and pretty ugly, in the case of the only genuine one), Redguard sofas, in every situation.

The Khajiit sofa has the advantage of being a soft/faded red, at least - but, it's still incredibly boring being stuck with only one viable option, all the time.
    Edited by Tigerseye on May 8, 2019 7:59PM
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, but I cannot be happy furnishing in a game with so few comfortable-looking seating options.

If the Khajiit sofa hadn't existed, I would have given up on furnishing, right from the start.

As it would have been hell trying to use only bright red (and pretty ugly, in the case of the only genuine one), Redguard sofas, in every situation.

The Khajiit sofa has the advantage of being a soft/faded red, at least - but, it's still incredibly boring being stuck with only one viable option, all the time.
    Same, pretty underwhelmed with the new furniture. I think the colour scheme is holding them back a lot too, if some of those items would have increased contrasting colours they wouldn't be so bad... but right now they are some of the blandest most boring brown single-tone furniture in the game. Perhaps Imperial is the only other style that has a more underwhelming colour scheme.

And upholstery would have helped that a lot. Where is the vibrancy we grew used to from the Khajiit, where are the warm colours of Elsweyr, where are the luxurious fabrics and patterns? The most elaborate items are often just some pale gold carving on a pale brown chair. :neutral: Some items have a decent colour scheme and are distinct enough (and some are really good to be fair), but a lot of these are a bit too monotonous imo, especially the comfort-oriented items like the sofas and benches and chairs.
  • Unit117
    Unit117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh nothing exotic of real interest to me. But that’s ok
  • Yvarhna
    Yvarhna
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so excited for the Elsweyr stuff, but saddened at the same time as I literally have no room anywhere for them.
  • Thrawniel
    Thrawniel
    ✭✭✭
    Finally we have handmirrors and brushes!

Also all the additions to my market setup.

Food looks much better than what we have available.

Lantern festival deco! Makes me excited to see festival in game too!

And those epic hookas!

And in general I like furniture style. All those carvings and details! Irl would be a nightmare to dust, but no such problem in the game XD

Sleek Creek house will be completely redecorated with all those pretty shelves etc.

Overall I am pleased.

Kinda hoped for some khajiit-themed crating station though. Like we have with CWC. Maybe some nice grill thingie that doubles as cooking station. Or maybe alchemy station styled as skooma lab. Oh well.
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wont look at the video. probably will want some stuff.. and be very very disappointed by the droprates, they probably are even worse than murkmire (if thats even possible.. approaching zero even more).. and probably loads of CS only..
    PC-EU @lientier
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lientier wrote: »
    I wont look at the video. probably will want some stuff.. and be very very disappointed by the droprates, they probably are even worse than murkmire (if thats even possible.. approaching zero even more).. and probably loads of CS only..

This one is planning ahead for poor droprates and not expecting to have all that she wishes in the short term. Perhaps the next anniversary festival may be bountiful? Otherwise Khajiit is saving all her master writ vouchers for the day they end up in a very expensive envelope with the crafting elf.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

• lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am still giving lots of the vouchers to that said elf, for expensive purple crafting envelopes (morrowind)
    PC-EU @lientier
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one wonders though about the envelopes.

As we have not yet seen blue or purple envelopes for Summerset might it be because there are a lower number of one or both of these kinds of recipes out there - making a random envelope system not so good if you get one of the same few items every time?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

• anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that they have some filled objects - bookcases, plates with food on them, etc. More of this please, in ALL styles.

But I'm certain finding the patterns and whatever new special material required to make them will be a tedious grind. Assuming they're not in a crown store pack.

• wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love all the new furnishing, my style. Zos never disappoint ❤❤❤
  • Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see someone making a ping pong table out of Table, Wide and Fan, Handheld. Not sure what the ball or net could be? :)
    Master Craftsman!
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably this is the most detailed and rich furnishing style they have released. I like they added many building blocks which can be used to build a house from scratch in the Coldharbour "house". Also I like how there are several variants for some pieces. Some furnishings seem to be available at vendors like the white items, which is great.

(to the devs "lurking" in this thread ;) ) I wish you would add so many quality furnishings for the existing styles.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm kind of sad that there are no new golden blueprints at the writ vendor when Elsweyr launches.

After each patch I went there to check - but no. Has anyone heard anything that they will have new ones and only release them later, perhaps? I mean, they had some when Morrowind and Summerset went live, even Murkmire got some, and they were shown in eso live. No nothing this time.

They know that people are unhappy with the housing system as it is, stagnant and all.
    And now they even don't follow their own release patterns anymore.

I was really looking forward to some new things to spend my writ vouchers on. :/
    PC/EU
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know I want a lot of it for my home. Love the nice colors, carving, and building materials ! Rugs that aren't dull...yay!!!!!
    Edited by Ashryn on May 13, 2019 6:26PM