The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

pre-50 BG's

Liww
Liww
✭✭✭
Remove players who have reached cp160 from these. or remove the AP reward for CP toons from them, its rediculous to see new players getting farmed like this.

I see alot of new players being completely turned away from pvp when they are opposed with ppl in fully crafted gear, monster sets etc.

It gives a completely wrong idea of BG's and does more harm then good in terms of sparking the interest of new players.

Thanks!
Edited by Liww on April 22, 2019 7:42PM
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost every mmo has twinks, low level alts with the best gear available. It's just part of it all, even though its not fair for new players. On the other hand, with the skill ceiling in ESO even with similar gear, experienced players will have a massive advantage.
    And if you think pre-50 is bad, wait until you are level 50 but below CP 160. You will get annihilated by basically everybody, even healers will kill you in seconds. So in a sense the pre-50 battleground actually give a really good impression of how battlegrounds are in ESO.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Liww wrote: »
    Remove players who have reached cp160 from these. or remove the AP reward for CP toons from them, its rediculous to see new players getting farmed like this.

I see alot of new players being completely turned away from pvp when they are opposed with ppl in fully crafted gear, monster sets etc.

It gives a completely wrong idea of BG's and does more harm then good in terms of sparking the interest of new players.

Thanks!

I agree fully. I leveled a stamblade alt through BGs and dominated. I constantly went 20-2 or so in death matches and thought I had a pretty good handle on the class.

Once I got to 50 I think all those wins effected my MMR. I got absolutely destroyed and saw the same names I see on my main.

Putting experienced alts against new players helps no one. You dominate and don’t learn the skills you need to do well at 50, plus it’s a poor experience for new players. Figuring out a way to split them up without long queue times would be win-win.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 22, 2019 10:43PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Liww
    Liww
    ✭✭✭
    LordTareq wrote: »
    Almost every mmo has twinks, low level alts with the best gear available. It's just part of it all, even though its not fair for new players. On the other hand, with the skill ceiling in ESO even with similar gear, experienced players will have a massive advantage.
    And if you think pre-50 is bad, wait until you are level 50 but below CP 160. You will get annihilated by basically everybody, even healers will kill you in seconds. So in a sense the pre-50 battleground actually give a really good impression of how battlegrounds are in ESO.

I am nearly max CP, all im trying to advocate is that new players should have a healthy introduction to PvP, they'll have their trial of fire at 50+ regardless, imo sub-50 could get tweaked.

admittedly atm I am very much part of the problem(bar monsters sets) when leveling alts, although I use training on all my pieces. with that said there are fellow players that are using the new players to farm their AP, even openly admitting to doing it because of how easy it is. hence why I think ppl that reached CP 160 on their account shouldnt receive AP in sub-50 BG's, and not ban them entirely from BG's on fresh alts. perhaps increase the XP reward for them.
    Edited by Liww on April 23, 2019 2:30PM
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shoulda started playing sooner

:trollface:
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordTareq wrote: »

I am nearly max CP, all im trying to advocate is that new players should have a healthy introduction to PvP, they'll have their trial of fire at 50+ regardless, imo sub-50 could get tweaked.

admittedly atm I am very much part of the problem(bar monsters sets) when leveling alts, although I use training on all my pieces. with that said there are fellow players that are using the new players to farm their AP, even openly admitting to doing it because of how easy it is. hence why I think ppl that reached CP 160 on their account shouldnt receive AP in sub-50 BG's, and not ban them entirely from BG's on fresh alts. perhaps increase the XP reward for them.

Ye If you would increase the XP id get in a BG i wouldnt go into them anymore probably cuz XP is the Last thing you want on a low lvl char :/ so ye i have to admit its kind of a good idea.
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • ThanatosXR
    ThanatosXR
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was disabled, BG pre 50 are much more fun, just wait til after, the games a whole large rout 1-159cp
  • SacredEarth
    SacredEarth
    ✭✭
    I partially agree. I hated BGs when I first started playing. Getting steam-rolled over and over was terrible for learning, or wanting to learn. What I do see now is that there is often a destroyer on each team, meaning that there must be something in the matchmaking system that is trying to balance teams.

I just started playing an alt in >50 BGs and yes I crafted some blue pvp sets with impen and well fitted and yes I am doing well. It is very cheap and accessible for an experienced player to craft some blue gear for an alt, but I would craft sets for anyone in a guild or heck, even zone chat that said they are trying to pvp and need help. So, join a guild or ask in chat. Be sincere and you might get helped :)

I would be concerned about long wait times if alts had to queue separately.
  • SacredEarth
    SacredEarth
    ✭✭
    I don't care so much for AP
    AP can't but me love!
    Can't buy me loooooove!

LOL, been on a Beetles kick lately :p
  • Liww
    Liww
    ✭✭✭
    Jierdanit wrote: »
    Ye If you would increase the XP id get in a BG i wouldnt go into them anymore probably cuz XP is the Last thing you want on a low lvl char :/ so ye i have to admit its kind of a good idea.

It would serve the purpose of leveling rather then farming easy AP, negating the whole roll a new toon once you hit 50 to rinse and repeat the AP farm.
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jierdanit wrote: »

It would serve the purpose of leveling rather then farming easy AP, negating the whole roll a new toon once you hit 50 to rinse and repeat the AP farm.

That was no irony xD

And btw i dont think that most ppl who do low-Level pvp / BGs do it for the AP, but rather just for fun. So saying it is gonna reduce the AP farming rerollers is just wrong. :/
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main