The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvE players in battlegrounds

LordTareq
LordTareq
✭✭✭✭✭
So, wow. I never realized the difference between players with only experience/build for PvE vs PvPers. With the event lots of people are doing battlegrounds who would normally not partake, which in itself is good. However it's like killing babies at the moment for the more experienced PvPers. I killed an entire enemy team guarding a flag on my magblade today on my own, and they weren't <160 CP players without gear, but >200CP players. Also got in deathmatch but our team was only 3 for some reason. However clearly all of us were pvp'ers, while the 2 full teams facing it obviously were not, we finished something like 500/50/35. It's just incredibly lobsided.

Best was a player on my team who proudly proclaimed it was his first time in a battleground. I said jokingly "Try not to die" and he replied "I don't die, I'm a tank" :D It didn't work out the way he had planned o:)
There are also a lot more PvE monster sets proccing that you usually don't see as much in battlegrounds.That said, I'm looking forward to when this part of the event is over so battlegrounds can go back to normal with a bit less one sided fights.
Edited by LordTareq on April 22, 2019 7:33PM
  • DKMaestro
    DKMaestro
    ✭✭✭
    I guess you queued as a team, or jut got lucky to be matched with PVP'ers. I always play on my own and play with randoms. It's hit and miss, but although I play a lot, I am not especially good. Try not to be a burden though.
    Old man playing. Have a life, a job and only one character, which is grumpy (all the time)
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DKMaestro wrote: »
    I guess you queued as a team, or jut got lucky to be matched with PVP'ers. I always play on my own and play with randoms. It's hit and miss, but although I play a lot, I am not especially good. Try not to be a burden though.

I always queue solo like you. As you say it's just luck who you end up with.
  • bigelle.x3_ESO
    bigelle.x3_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes you get the PvE players on your team and you just gotta pick em all up and carry em to the finish line.

m8QHQAv.jpg
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    500 to both other teams sub 100 points happen, event or not and pvpers or not, it’s just luck of the draw. Sometimes you get all wardens and DKs and it’s easy, sometimes you’re with all Stamblades and you’re on the receiving end of getting destroyed.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 22, 2019 10:33PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    sometimes you’re with all Stamblades and you’re on the receiving end of getting destroyed.
    Yet stamblades are being heavily nerfed next patch for being too OP!
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • JadeCoin
    JadeCoin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you'll find a lot of PVEers in Battlegrounds even outside the event, since it's a quick way to get Vigor and Caltrops. We tend to fare best in the land-grab games where there's a bit more strategy that doesn't revolve around direct confrontation. I've won Crazy King matches against experienced PvPers who get mad enough to start playing Deathmatch with the other team, and lose sight of the flags altogether.

The fights in general are pretty one-sided, but I don't really mind. I do my best and try to learn something along the way. Getting stomped on in Battlegrounds doesn't feel like the griefing that I've heard is going on in Cyrodiil at the moment. Battleground matches are a fair fight with a common objective. If I take a pounding, that's on me.
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dazee wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    sometimes you’re with all Stamblades and you’re on the receiving end of getting destroyed.
    Yet stamblades are being heavily nerfed next patch for being too OP!

Stamblades are OP against players that don't run a tanky build, are too cheap to use detection potions, who refuse to slot magelight, and also don't have any AOE. :)
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been getting more reflect kills lately, I play two chars design for holding flags and absorbing attacks, and have been getting a lot of reflect kills from my shield ultimate the past few days. No they aren't dragon knights just one hand and shield users, its just lol but yeah ended up with the new guys in some matches and they wonder sometimes why I don't attack much in land grabs and they melt fast on flags
    Edited by RedTalon on April 24, 2019 8:25AM
  • Bogdan_Kobzar
    Bogdan_Kobzar
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, I'm a PvE'er,
    I have my gold PvE gear and go into Battle Grounds and in one instant i'm at full health then the screen locks up and I'm looking at a death recap screen telling me I got dizzying swing 5 times from the same player.
    Or, and this is my favorite, an enemy player would get close and my ability bar greys out, i'm not even able to do a light or heavy attack and then I get rooted and get killed.
    It's lots of fun.
    So, I just keep queuing up in the hopes of getting good and learning to play.
    oh, my ping is 70 to 90, so it's not my connection to the server.
    Edited by Bogdan_Kobzar on April 24, 2019 8:54AM
    "Being honorable might make you a good man, but it doesn't make you right. Be a better world if it did."
    Be mindful of Community Rules
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another gem yesterday:
    Player while we were waiting in the spawn area: “Everyone stay behind me, I’m tanky”
    Me: “That’s not how it works” :D
    Yup, I'm a PvE'er,
    I have my gold PvE gear and go into Battle Grounds and in one instant i'm at full health then the screen locks up and I'm looking at a death recap screen telling me I got dizzying swing 5 times from the same player.
    Or, and this is my favorite, an enemy player would get close and my ability bar greys out, i'm not even able to do a light or heavy attack and then I get rooted and get killed.
    It's lots of fun.

Happens to us all, it’s the game lagging out. Thankfully more exception than rule. Ability bar greyed out means you got CC’ed.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, I'm a PvE'er,
    It's lots of fun.

to be unable to breakthrough from a stun even if your stamina is full is a cool thing too. you would like it
    Edited by oxygen_thief on April 26, 2019 10:34PM