The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Zaan working as intended?

genjutsu_kami
genjutsu_kami
✭✭✭
Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help me with this question. I have not played in a while and I got back in the game to play on Battleground. I noticed when Zaan activtes and locks onto its target it stays active even after an enemy breaks line of sight. is that supposed to be working that way?

I ask becasue other channel abilities such as 'Soul Assult' and 'Radiant Destruction' always break when an enemy is no longer in the line of sight. Why in this case Zaan is an exception. Just curious.

Thanks,
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup working as intended. Distance is 8m nothing about LoS
  • genjutsu_kami
    genjutsu_kami
    ✭✭✭
    MJallday wrote: »

shouldnt that apply to all channels then?
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not a channel though, DoT
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Set needs to be removed
  • genjutsu_kami
    genjutsu_kami
    ✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    not a channel though, DoT

A damage over time, that behaves like a channel?

I was hoping a community manager or developer could assist with this query. If its behaving as intended I think the description should be reworded to state this.

Because it really doesnt make sense to have an ability that 'Connects' like a 'Beam' to a player and increases in damage by 50% each second but when that player breaks line of sight through multiple obstacles....it still doesnt break is connection. Granted the description states it is broken after 8meteres but its nonsensical to be able to maneuver away from the beam but still take full punishment. I am surprised Magika Templar players havent spoken up about this beacause, breath of life can not heal through walls or heal in a vincinit, the target/player has to be infront. I find that to be inconsistent and theres no real justification.

"(2 items) When you deal damage with a Light or Heavy Attack to a nearby enemy, a beam of fire will connect you to your enemy. The beam deals 3440 Flame Damage every 1 second for 5 seconds. Every second, this damage increases by 50%. The beam is broken if the enemy moves 8 meters away from you. This effect can occur every 15 seconds".
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it specifically says the condition to be broken "The beam is broken if the enemy moves 8 meters away from you." also, how does it behave like a channel? you can still use skills. light attacks are also possible during that time.
    MJallday wrote: »
    ^also this