The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rest in peace, Magblade.

• LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More drama please.

The only nerf really affecting magblades is the minor berserk loss, which equates to something like 4% damage loss. Dark cloak nerf makes no sense, but doesn't really affect many magblades as the vast majority uses shadowy disguise in pvp. Fear is actually a buff. Add to that the RAF change which is really nice for magblades, and honestly the class is no worse off then currently on live.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rip nb as a class 😔
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordTareq wrote: »
    More drama please.

The only nerf really affecting magblades is the minor berserk loss, which equates to something like 4% damage loss. Dark cloak nerf makes no sense, but doesn't really affect many magblades as the vast majority uses shadowy disguise in pvp. Fear is actually a buff. Add to that the RAF change which is really nice for magblades, and honestly the class is no worse off then currently on live.

So it is still dead, but with 4% less damage.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Berenhir wrote: »
    More drama please.

So it is still dead, but with 4% less damage.

Less damage but increased survivability due to RAF (& fear). But yeah magblade is not really getting stronger.But the OP's movie is just ridiculous.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is dead. RIP.
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    More drama please.

100% uptime of an 8% damage increase of Minor Beserk = 4% damage loss... Math checks out /s 😄
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More drama please.

100% uptime of an 8% damage increase of Minor Beserk = 4% damage loss... Math checks out /s 😄

There is nothing funny or sarcastic here and it looks like You dont know the math behind ESO calculations. It's not 4% but it's also not 8%. 100% uptime on minor berserk in CP enviroment is ~6% dmg increase. Percentage buffs are additive so more of them You have less each of them gives percentage wise.

For example lets assume You have 12% dmg in elemental expert and 18% in master at arms. Both of those values will be added to Your base tooltip X so final result will be 1,3X. Additional 8% from minor berserk is also added to that X value so at the end You have 1,38X so Your final dmg increase is not 8% out of 1,3X but 8% out of X added to 1,3X so it'll be 0.08/1.3~0,061=6%.
    Edited by Juhasow on April 22, 2019 9:50PM
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More drama please.

@Joosef_Kivikilpi
    well, with how damage multipliers work in this game if you have 200% damage, minor berserk will make it 208%. so from dps checks that people have done over the years, it is roughly 4% damage increase.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has OP even parsed anything on the PTS or are they just trying to be cute? Yes, rhetorical question since OP provided no actual feedback it seems more likely they have not tested anything.
    Edited by idk on April 22, 2019 7:49PM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any details on why and where it's dead and should rest in peace ?
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    More drama please.

There is nothing funny or sarcastic here and it looks like You dont know the math behind ESO calculations. It's not 4% but it's also not 8%. 100% uptime on minor berserk in CP enviroment is ~6% dmg increase. Percentage buffs are additive so more of them You have less each of them gives percentage wise.

For example lets assume You have 12% dmg in elemental expert and 18% in master at arms. Both of those values will be added to Your base tooltip X so final result will be 1,3X. Additional 8% from minor berserk is also added to that X value so at the and You have 1,38X so Your final dmg increase is not 8% out of 1,3X but 8% out of X added to 1,3X so it'll be 0.08/1.3~0,061=6%.

So I'm reading that it really affects no cp campaign the most. Awesome. Just started having way more fun over there 😓
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember you get 8% on Lotus Fan via minor vulnerability, that also just got buffed nearly 2x in dot damage.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give magblade a good self heal and a blood shield
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magplades are still good. Tank and healer still provide what they lost.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Good self heal. Yes
    Another shield. No

Dampen/Harness and Healing Ward not enough? If I want to sit there and spam shields all day long, I’ll log magsorc. Shadowy Disguise, Shadow Image and RAT will make it a very dynamic play style next patch. And you can always add the couple of shields mentioned if you want to get more tankiness to your build. What is needed is more heals, not more shields.
    EU | PC | AD
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just use slimeclaw you noobs 😁
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »

Good self heal. Yes
    Another shield. No

Dampen/Harness and Healing Ward not enough? If I want to sit there and spam shields all day long, I’ll log magsorc. Shadowy Disguise, Shadow Image and RAT will make it a very dynamic play style next patch. And you can always add the couple of shields mentioned if you want to get more tankiness to your build. What is needed is more heals, not more shields.
    Healing ward useless more often or not it goes on someone near to me in a keep fight and I die lmao so I’d use the class shield instead and if I can get away with it I’d only use the class shield why tf is magblade not allowed a class shield in your eyes when every other mag class has excess to one magblade losing damage as well this patch we certainly deserve buffs to survive ability
    Edited by Deathlord92 on April 23, 2019 2:20PM
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Good self heal. Yes
    Another shield. No

Healing ward useless more often or not it goes on someone near to me in a keep fight and I die lmao so I’d use the class shield instead and if I can get away with it I’d only use the class shield why tf is magblade not allowed a class shield in your eyes when every other mag class has excess to one magblade losing damage as well this patch we certainly deserve buffs to survive ability

First off, learn to form sentences. That sentence/paragraph is nearly incomprehensible.

Secondly, what are those damage shields that non-MagSorcs have? Fragmented Shield? Sun Shield? Both skills are hardly used by mag builds, mostly hp tanks or stam builds (fragmented). Warden doesn't even have a damage shield, only a skill that is a 3-projectile absorption. Neither does Necro.

My justification for no damage shield is that a) you have a shield from light armour, so you don't need to waste a class skill on something so mundane and b) you have other ways of mitigating damage that you don't need to be spamming shields. MagSorc has literally no other mitigation that's why it needs it.
    EU | PC | AD
  • ShadowKyuubi
    ShadowKyuubi
    ✭✭✭✭
    MagSorc has literally no other mitigation that's why it needs it.

They have Bound Aegis.
    Edited by ShadowKyuubi on April 23, 2019 7:15PM
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MagSorc has literally no other mitigation that's why it needs it.

They have Bound Aegis.

Well memed :joy:
    EU | PC | AD
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cry
  • md3788
    md3788
    ✭✭✭

Good self heal. Yes
    Another shield. No

First off, learn to form sentences. That sentence/paragraph is nearly incomprehensible.

Secondly, what are those damage shields that non-MagSorcs have? Fragmented Shield? Sun Shield? Both skills are hardly used by mag builds, mostly hp tanks or stam builds (fragmented). Warden doesn't even have a damage shield, only a skill that is a 3-projectile absorption. Neither does Necro.

My justification for no damage shield is that a) you have a shield from light armour, so you don't need to waste a class skill on something so mundane and b) you have other ways of mitigating damage that you don't need to be spamming shields. MagSorc has literally no other mitigation that's why it needs it.

Sun shield is actually quite handy once you realize that it is an aedric spear ability and fulfills the passive of having an aedric spear ability slotted. Allows for much more flexible Ultimate set-ups.
    vFG1 HM
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kurat wrote: »
    Magplades are still good. Tank and healer still provide what they lost.
    Fair point, but doesn't help us much in PvP, particularly in a dueling context.

I main a melee MagBlade, and would LOVE to see Concealed Weapon get a rework. With the streamlining of speed buffs a while back, the speed boost while stealthed seems anachronistic. I'd personally like to see it apply Minor Breach.

But, yeah. The change to Dark Cloak is REALLY going to hurt my light armor build.
  • Victor_Blade
    Victor_Blade
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zos giving magblade mains(including me) pstd with these unnecessary nerfs. What's wrong with having minor berserk in merciless? Or at least add a buff so I don't activate a skill to count light attacks to use a bow which again cost magicka.

If not, at least add some meaningful buff to it like minor force or something. Looks like the class reps are huge nb elitists who can kill players with just a single weave of swallow soul or they haven't played magblade in a while. Also the heals. Give magblade a skill that scales off of magicka and gives a decent burst. In the siphoning skill tree mayhaps?

I don't see why a ranged magicka character would play at melee range lol.

Edit: paragraphs, lol
    Edited by Victor_Blade on April 24, 2019 2:01AM
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    robpr wrote: »
    Remember you get 8% on Lotus Fan via minor vulnerability, that also just got buffed nearly 2x in dot damage.
    Gap closers are very situational and many players prefer not to use them. I'm not completely opposed to using them, but they only fit certain playstyles.

Personally, the idea of using a gap closer as part of a rotation in a brawl is really meh.

I get the feeling this is just the start of Magblade pain. I think ZOS is going to completely destroy the class before eventually rebuilding it. It's only a matter of time before they butcher cloak.

Regarding Merciless Resolve, it's not only the loss of minor berserk that's a major problem, but that it's now the most awkward ability in the game with an inexplicable double gcd/cost requirement. That is a horrible design. The first cast needs to perform a function or it should be removed in favor of a passive tally of light attacks to proc Assassin's Will.

The heal is only situationally useful. It is completely useless when attacking from full health or from range. And though I can imagine scenarios in which the heal could be useful, it will be so unreliable and unpredictable (as it's based on damage done) that I think it would only very rarely be useful.

What is outrageous about the Magblade changes is that ZOS is knowingly weakening the class further in many aspects of PVP to address a vet Trial balance issue. Like the addition to Minor Mangle to Incap, the changes to Grim Focus are rushed and insufficient.
    Edited by zyk on April 24, 2019 2:59AM
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good self heal. Yes
    Another shield. No

And what about a good self heal using shrewd offering a skill no one uses