The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game says it requires 87GB to install, but 92GB is not enough, what gives?

lasseb16_ESO4
I have an SSD of 120GB for Games (I don't play many games at the same time on PC). I had one other game on it, but had 92GB of free space so when the game launcher said it required 87GB of free space to install, that should be enough, right?

Wrong, it crapped out somewhere above 90% and had filled the disk.

The installer need to take cluster size or whatever this thingamajig is called in 2019 to calculate required size as NO disk whatsoever allows you to store files sequentially down to every byte, they all have some form of granularity.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine is 72GB installed but thanks to ZOS's incompetence, it requires almost twice that during install because they don't clean up any of the temp files until after the install has finished.

Been like that since beta ...
    dry.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on April 21, 2019 9:13PM