The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

MagDK pvp Help

iJuacob
iJuacob
✭✭✭
Hey guys recently I started to get into PVP. Started with a bow NB ganker which isn't really pvp but yeah gotta start somewhere.

So I decided to roll a MagDk just because they look hella fun to play.

So I was following a random guide on YT which looked pretty good actually but somehow I cannot pull the same numbers he is pulling.
I am asking advice on what I should better build or what should be better for me since I am not a master like some youtubers who own their classes/builds.

Right now I am running a breton, Vampire stage 4. (Destro/SnB)

2 heavy bloodspawn, shoulders imp and infused helm (Magicka)

5 light spinners all imp only sash is sturdy (Magicka)

Armor master backbar, jewelery 1 protective 2 arcane (3 magicka recovery)

Sword infused with weapon damage ench and board imp with health ench

I am using 3 food purp which I think is pretty ok?

Same with pots.

With the max magicka mundos

Stats:

37K magicka 1553 recovery
17.8k health
14.5k Stamina

Spell damage is 1464
spell crit 39

Spell resist 19802
Physical resist 18332
Crit resist 2699

Front bar Willpower Sharpened : cautirize , burning embers, fossilize, elemental drain, flame lash , ferocious leap

Backbar SnB Armor master : Degeneration , Caugalating blood, harnass magicka , volite armor, reflective plate, devouring swarm

I do have CP too which I can tell you if you really need to know.

Somehow I feel like either this build is completely wrong or I'm just doing something wrong(playing bad).

Your thoughts?
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Take OFF those recovery glyphs and that protective crap. Run all arcane spell damage. Run Spinners bright throats. You’ll have similar sustain. All Max Magicka glyphs. Run apprentice Mundus. Drink witchmother’s. Run weapons nirn. Beserker enchant on the staff. Run whatever glyph and poisons on that sword.

Your pool AND your spell damage are too low. Run Bright Throat’s.

And drop vamp if you’re running wings. If you keep vamp use mist instead of wings.

Run all impen, sturdy on the shield. If later on you need a larger pool run infused head, chest, legs maybe but with bright throats you won’t have to.

And run structured Entropy not degeneration for Major Sorcery.

NOTE: The builds you’ll find online are trash. Only light Armor build good enough to actually run would be ScarX’s MagDk build. He shouldn’t even have given out that build it’s so good. Lol.
    Edited by JumpmanLane on April 21, 2019 9:43PM
  • md3788
    md3788
    ✭✭✭
    Are those your stats in cyrodiil? Your health pool is crazy low.
    vFG1 HM
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would advise against armour master. Feel that it's unnecessary. I would be cautious about who you follow on YT. A Lot of the people that post builds aren't actually that good at theory crafting lol.
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your health is a bit low. I think you want at least 25k health in CP. Go all impen, use tri stat glyphs in head chest and legs to help your health out. Running one or two protective in light armor is perfectly acceptable. Your spell damage is a low for sure. I’d want at least 2k unbuffed. Imo shackle breaker is a must have, that and BSW is pretty much BiS. I also like BSW and innate Axiom for a higher damage build. Spinners is decent.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Your health is a bit low. I think you want at least 25k health in CP. Go all impen, use tri stat glyphs in head chest and legs to help your health out. Running one or two protective in light armor is perfectly acceptable. Your spell damage is a low for sure. I’d want at least 2k unbuffed. Imo shackle breaker is a must have, that and BSW is pretty much BiS. I also like BSW and innate Axiom for a higher damage build. Spinners is decent.

Don't do ANY of that. All your jewelry traits arcane with spell damage glyphs. Bright Throats is BiS on a magdk this patch. It's a sustain AND damage set. Pair it with any damage set and you'd be good. Not Sun or BSW tho. DO NOT PUT TRI STAT GLYPHS ON YOUR ARMOR. EVER. All max Magicka ALWAYS.

I'm not giving out builds but don't run that. Lol.
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    "hey im new to the game, and i play nb, but im bad at it! So im trying to make a tanky dk so i dont get deleted in cyrodiil like i do on my nb, yet nbs are the most op class!" this is the community's logic
  • iJuacob
    iJuacob
    ✭✭✭
    Ozazz wrote: »
    "hey im new to the game, and i play nb, but im bad at it! So im trying to make a tanky dk so i dont get deleted in cyrodiil like i do on my nb, yet nbs are the most op class!" this is the community's logic

Well no actually , I was doing pretty well on my NB(Stam) still do. But it's just not as engaging as a magdk imo. Hella constructive you are.
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have similar problems on my magdk.
    But I dont know how you are suppose to get high everything... Health, spelldamage, magicka. Seems to me we have to sacrifice something, and that something is health. I have no idea how to get more health without nerfing either spell damage or magicka.
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Don't do ANY of that. All your jewelry traits arcane with spell damage glyphs. Bright Throats is BiS on a magdk this patch. It's a sustain AND damage set. Pair it with any damage set and you'd be good. Not Sun or BSW tho. DO NOT PUT TRI STAT GLYPHS ON YOUR ARMOR. EVER. All max Magicka ALWAYS.

I'm not giving out builds but don't run that. Lol.

I mean this sounds like a full on dmg setup that relies on harness and healing ward to keep it alive. What if he doesn't want to play that and wants to play a more tankier setup with sword and shield like he has currently. In which case running prismatics would be good for him for the extra stam and protective would be nice for tankiness.

Latest Videos:

• DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are two of my builds. They are a little dated but still function.

Inferno and snb
    https://youtu.be/QkqsISN88rg

Double snb
    https://youtu.be/VepMrCCBkrE

Latest Videos: