The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any Race Any Alliance

Ritch25
Ritch25
Soul Shriven
Is the Any Race Any Alliance still available at crown store, if so what is it called I can't find it and would like to change Alliance Redguard to Ebonheart Dark Elf. The free race change they give you will not let me do that and tells me to get an upgrade at crown store. I'm not sure how to do it.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ritch25 wrote: »
    Is the Any Race Any Alliance still available at crown store, if so what is it called I can't find it and would like to change Alliance Redguard to Ebonheart Dark Elf. The free race change they give you will not let me do that and tells me to get an upgrade at crown store. I'm not sure how to do it.

Its part of the Adventurers Pack, I think under Upgrades.
  • JadeCoin
    JadeCoin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ritch25 wrote: »
    Is the Any Race Any Alliance still available at crown store, if so what is it called I can't find it and would like to change Alliance Redguard to Ebonheart Dark Elf.

You can change a Daggerfall Covenant Redguard to a Daggerfall Covenant Dark Elf, but you can't change a Daggerfall Covenant Redguard to an Ebonheart Pact Dark Elf, even with Any Race Any Alliance. It lets an existing character change to any race, but the character's alliance will remain whatever the alliance originally was.

Just making sure that once you buy it, it actually does what you'd like it to!
  • TheWetChef
    TheWetChef
    Soul Shriven
    I will doble check for you.

When the 8h server maintenance is over!
  • SnowFeather
    SnowFeather
    ✭✭
    Getting this upgrade still wont allow you to change alliance with the race change, i tried the other day, saw its still locked an got a refund. It only works on brand new characters
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting this upgrade still wont allow you to change alliance with the race change, i tried the other day, saw its still locked an got a refund. It only works on brand new characters

It works on existing characters if you also have a race change token. But it only allows you to change their race, not their alliance. Like @JadeCoin said you can use it to change a Covenant Redguard into a Covenant Dunmer, or any other race, but there is no way to change them from the Covenant to another alliance.

In other words it unlocks more race change options, it doesn't create an alliance change option. That's currently not possible at all, and according to ZOS not an easy thing to implement because the game was built around the assumption that your alliance was a permanent choice so a lot of things work off your alliance and could be broken if it's changed.
    Edited by Danikat on April 25, 2019 10:07AM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"