The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

help required

SALLEE
SALLEE
✭✭
Do I have to uninstall the game before downloading it again, I want to put it on another drive as my current game seems to have become really messed up, so thought fresh install may help maybe. thanking in advance.
regards
SALLEE
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first thing to look at is addons. Have you tried the game without those?

Have you tried the Repair function in the Launcher? You have to poke around a bit to find it.

As for reinstalling, the Repair function above is essentially a reinstall.
    Edited by Nestor on April 19, 2019 1:55PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The repair feature isn't hard to find. It's just under game options

fKRaVuZ.png

It will take some time, but it's a lot quicker than reinstalling from scratch, and it'll fix a lot of issues with problematic installs (not all).
    If the problem persists, try disabling your addons and then enable them one by one. If you get the same issue after re-enabling an addon, then you know that's where your problem lies.
    I should also note to make sure your addons are always up to date. You can use a tool like Minion to help keep track of them and auto-update them all in one swoop.

Edited by Alucardo on April 19, 2019 2:07PM
  • SALLEE
    SALLEE
    ✭✭
    Thank you both for replying so quickly, I appreciate both of your answers and will try what you suggest thank you.

kind regards

SALLEE
  • Valkysas154
    Valkysas154
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I save my game folder on a external hard drive as well and port it when i reformat
    what i have to do after transferring it to a new pc is re-download the launcher and reinstall it that usually fixes my prob
    if not Repair
  • SALLEE
    SALLEE
    ✭✭
    Thank you all of you, is it possible to copy the game from one drive to another drive or would it be better to download another one. thank you in advance for any advice given. The reason being I am running out of space on that drive.

Valkysas154
    wish I had thought of doing that, a very good idea, thank you most appreciated
    regards
    SALLEE